Arrested Development

Evenkeel

Seems we are on the precipice of new AD guys and gals. Both a remix of Season 4 and a new Season 5. Hurwitz seems displeased with Season 4 and probably heard the criticisms, here's hoping the linear plot remix works better than the original cut 

I can't fucking wait for the new season. I'm on my 3000th rewatch now to prepare for the release. 

Anyways- quote away and discuss. 

https://twitter.com/arresteddev/status/991361672605523971

E- Huh, that's weird, I posted the tweet link and it doesn't seem to want to appear inline. 

Edited by Evenkeel

I remember very well lamenting on how season 4 was disappointing and having people tell me I was just "too dumb to get it and go back to watching 2 Broke Girls."   It was hilarious how defensive people got about any criticisms about it.   

Yeah I thought the weakness of Season 4 wasn't the non-linear storytelling so much as it was the absence of having the whole ensemble togehter for much of the series.

The strength of the show was always the amazing ensemble, and the show's best moments/episodes were always the ones where everyone was togehter for much of the show.

I believe they've said that Season 5 will include the entire ensemble most of time.  And another great thing about Season 5: Henry Winkler is returning as Barry Zuckercorn.

I didn't hate Season 4, but as others have said, it suffered from the lack of the ensemble.  ANUSTART was incredibly funny.

"I blew my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, and now I have quite a mess all over my hands"

"There are so many poorly chosen words in that statement"

Edited by Al_4_ISU

Eh, it's been so long since I watched S1-3, I'm just gonna start from the beginning and watch the remix when I get to S4. Seems like the only way to be sure I get the full enjoyment of S4 remix.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this way.

Edited by Dutchrudder

1 hour ago, BlueGreySky said:

Because it felt like a disjointed mess the other way (in many people's opinions).  This is a top 5 show for me all-time and I didn't finish season 4. 

I thought it was fine. Weird. 

I liked season 4 but interested in the remix. As has been mentioned it’s lack of ensemble was more of the issue and binge watching was best to catch the time/joke overlaps. I assume DOB status won’t remove Jeffrey Tamboor for season 5?