Place your bets now: Predict the Year and Exit of Donald Trump

Hugo Stiglitz

Dems trip over their own dicks yet again in the next election.  Trump does the same Trump shenanigans on the campaign trail.  Wins reelection.  Dies two years into his second term while eating a bucket of KFC chased by 5 Diet Cokes.

Then the country outlaws men and women fucking except through a sheet and blindfolded once Pence is elected.  Also, stock in electroshock therapy companies goes through the roof. 

• Like 1

I hope for resignation, but I bet he makes it to the next election, and if he makes it to the next election, he gets re-elected.  He’ll do the same thing on stage he did last time and people will love him for it like last time and the polls won’t reflect that like last time and people will cast the same ballots as last time.  PT Barnum made a ton of money on people going back to the circus.  Jan 2025. 

Guest Lobo

He's about to be 72.  He's pudgy, stressed out, exhausted, eats like shit, and doesn't exactly come from a long line of longevity.  He goes out naturally at the end of his third year in office.  

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Not one blood in the streets martial law prediction? Seriously?

We're in the golden age of TV. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

I'm going with 2020, polonium poisoning.

Chaos is a ladder.

Edited by softlynow

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Resigns 2019.  Maybe in the manner of Warden Norton.

2019 in the manner of ward bond.

hey!  one of my favorite youtubes is back up.  guy talks about coming to north america and then talks of his youth in england and encounters with several people you've heard of.  all while rebuilding one of the great british twins.

Edited by yaqdum

I think he will resign because it’s the only way he can control the narrative if he’s facing impeachment.

”I was the best president ever and I only needed a few years to get everything done. I would have stayed longer but those lying corrupt democrats wouldn’t have let me get anything done so what’s the point?  I can do more to make America great without all these fake Congressmen and phony investigations.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

In the midterms, the Dems will probably take the House but not the Senate and Congress will look like the last two years of the Clinton administration.  Constant calls to impeach, constant hearings, constant revelations but never votes in the Senate to convict.  Lots of dramatic TV and 24 hour coverage.  Nothing will get done for two years.  Nixon resigned under pressure; Trump will never give in.  I think he's healthy enough to make it to the next election and he'll stay to the end of his term, then leave and complain forever that he got screwed but in spite of that he was the best president ever and did so much in four years.  He will constantly be seeking attention for the rest of his life.

He may lose in the primaries to a more moderate Republican challenger, someone like Kasich.  If not, he will lose to whatever Democrat is on the ticket in 2020.  I always thought that the 2016 winner would set their party up for big losses and a pendulum swing in 2020 and I still think that will happen.  His last day on the job will be January 20, 2021.  He may not come to the inauguration, might just skip it and call in to Fox News later that day.

Trump can change his fate if he is seen as a big part of actually ending the Korean War, the economy stays hot through 2020, Mueller turns out to have not much directly on Trump, or some combination of that.

• Like 1

We don't re-elect him,  so he declares the election a fraud and refuses to leave office until the courts decide. He declares marshal law when moveon.org organizes massive protests and he uses the national guard to quell the crowds. The courts decide against him but by then, he has absconded with a bunch of loot from the treasury and lives in exile on a island owned by one of his friends where there are no extradition laws and dies from fat and evil.

• Like 1

He ain't living with what remains of his full faculties for another six years. Although as a sociopath, he doesn't get ruffled by things that might cause someone with a conscience to be stressed....so there is that. Stroke risk is minimized by his assholery. 

Shit...Last time I was in DC a West African cabbie laughed at me when I said he would be impeached. "The only way he leave office is with bullet in head," he said, in broken English. And then he cackled at my optimism that American democracy would work out. 

My sister was working at a fancy hotel up there in DC too and she told me the Nigerians she worked with were laughing at us, saying "Now you know what we've been dealing with for decades."

Our president is a shitty wannabe African strongman. Deal with it. 

7 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Trump can change his fate if he is seen as a big part of actually ending the Korean War, the economy stays hot through 2020, Mueller turns out to have not much directly on Trump, or some combination of that.

Disagree.  He could do all of that and more; but he will never stop being Satan to many people.

That has a lot to do with why he gives no fucks about their opinion.

I'd say there is a 30% chance he wins reelection, a 30% chance he loses reelection, and a 30% chance he runs out of steam and quits before the election (or chooses not to run).  If those odds hold true, the plus side is that means there's a 60% chance he will not be our president after the next election.  

I will go with 2019 with impeachment and removal from office by the Senate. I think he refuses to retire even when presented with a losing Senate vote and ultimately forces  the vote.

I think there will be enough Republican senators wanting to end the Trump era of the party on top of the Democratic majority.

28 minutes ago, RayDog said:

I will go with 2019 with impeachment and removal from office by the Senate. I think he refuses to retire even when presented with a losing Senate vote and ultimately forces  the vote.

I think there will be enough Republican senators wanting to end the Trump era of the party on top of the Democratic majority.

Indeed. One way or another, after the 2018 midterms, they can suddenly see the light whenever the next wave of damning evidence gets released. Americans have short memories. Many will forget how long the Republican party licked Trump's boots once they start siding with impeachment. It'll be a feel good moment.

It'll also make me sick.

1. He will never go away willingly. He will hold on long, long after a sane person would see the writing on the wall and hang it up.

2. He may very well be impeached, but he will never be convicted in the Senate. See 1, above.

3. He will run again, and will win the nomination. There's a pretty good chance the Dems will shit the bed enough to lose, and he'll win a second term. No republicans will vote against him, and it will look a lot like 2016.

So: 2021 or 2025. I wish the predictions for 2019 were believable, but I don't see it.

10 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

1. He will never go away willingly. He will hold on long, long after a sane person would see the writing on the wall and hang it up.

2. He may very well be impeached, but he will never be convicted in the Senate. See 1, above.

3. He will run again, and will win the nomination. There's a pretty good chance the Dems will shit the bed enough to lose, and he'll win a second term. No republicans will vote against him, and it will look a lot like 2016.

So: 2021 or 2025. I wish the predictions for 2019 were believable, but I don't see it.

If he and his administration didn’t have a legal freight train rapidly approaching, this would be probably be my take.

But between the Mueller, Cohen, and Congressional investigations (assuming dems take House) I just don’t see him making it to 2020.

He is a wimp but a pragmatic wimp.  Once he sees a comfortable exit strategy to avoid being held publicly accountable for all his lies, he will jump ship just like he always does.

13 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Not one blood in the streets martial law prediction? Seriously?

For the same reason that in my "I hopped in the car with a drunk driver," the smart bet is "they get home alive."

Trump hasn't made it "more likely than not" that some bullshittery (contested election, attempted usurpation of power, etc.) occurs.  What he has done is increased the likelihood of the previously unfathomable and unacceptable.  So, it's not LIKELY that Trump will refuse to leave office if he loses the next election.  But it's more POSSIBLE than it's been in modern memory.  That's the problem. 

You continue to argue against the strawman of certainty, when those around you are only arguing about unacceptable increased possibilities.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stros said:

8 years of pure furry. Then the people will make him King of the world.

2 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Nobody asked about your "proclivities".

1 -- let's not judge:

af-composite-furries.jpg?strip=all&quali

2 -- coincidentally, every person in the photo above is more qualified to be president than Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He ain't living with what remains of his full faculties for another six years. Although as a sociopath, he doesn't get ruffled by things that might cause someone with a conscience to be stressed....so there is that. Stroke risk is minimized by his assholery. 

Shit...Last time I was in DC a West African cabbie laughed at me when I said he would be impeached. "The only way he leave office is with bullet in head," he said, in broken English. And then he cackled at my optimism that American democracy would work out. 

My sister was working at a fancy hotel up there in DC too and she told me the Nigerians she worked with were laughing at us, saying "Now you know what we've been dealing with for decades."

Our president is a shitty wannabe African strongman. Deal with it. 

That cabbie has it right.  I imagine others would put a bet on his outcome but we're they're too scared to wind up on a "list".

I'll go with cabbie's predicted form of demise in 2019.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Disagree.  He could do all of that and more; but he will never stop being Satan to many people.

That has a lot to do with why he gives no fucks about their opinion.

Trump gives no fucks about opinion? The same guy who weekly tweets his approval rating out as if it's Nielsen numbers for his reality tv show?

42 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If he and his administration didn’t have a legal freight train rapidly approaching, this would be probably be my take.

But between the Mueller, Cohen, and Congressional investigations (assuming dems take House) I just don’t see him making it to 2020.

He is a wimp but a pragmatic wimp.  Once he sees a comfortable exit strategy to avoid being held publicly accountable for all his lies, he will jump ship just like he always does.

He doesn't care about the freight train. His ego and dissociation from reality prevent him from seeing the ramifications. And, he knows that his diehard supporters will stand with him no matter what, and that the only way he can be removed from office involuntarily is through impeachment. As noted, the Senate will never convict. He will deny everything, his supporters will believe him or use whatever self-deluding mental trick they can to dismiss reality, and he'll be in pretty much the same position he's in now - a majority of the country against him, with a minority of diehards that will support him no matter what. He's making more money as president than he ever has as a businessman, and he's not about to kill that cash cow.

He will never leave willingly. Never.

Edited by Bat Guano

1 minute ago, Bat Guano said:

He doesn't care about the freight train. His ego and dissociation from reality prevent him from seeing the ramifications. And, he knows that his diehard supporters will stand with him no matter what, and that the only way he can be removed from office involuntarily is through impeachment. As noted, the Senate will never convict. He will deny everything, his supporters will believe him or use whatever self-deluding mental trick they can to dismiss reality, and he'll be in pretty much the same position he's in now - a majority of the country against him, with a minority of diehards. He's making more money as president than he ever has as a businessman, and he's not about to kill that cash cow.

He will never leave willingly. Never.

We shall see.

I don't think most people have a good idea of how bad the legal stuff is going to get. 

The Russia stuff is probably the least of his problems. 

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Trump gives no fucks about opinion? The same guy who weekly tweets his approval rating out as if it's Nielsen numbers for his reality tv show?

The Tweeting is idiotic. Agreed. Spectacularly so.

2025. In 2020 he will lose the popular vote by a wider margin than 2016 and win the electoral vote by a way slimmer margin, but he'll be re-elected nonetheless. It's pretty near impossible for an incumbent pres. to lose a reelection bid, I have no idea how Bush pulled it off in 1992. 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

2025. In 2020 he will lose the popular vote by a wider margin than 2016 and win the electoral vote by a way slimmer margin, but he'll be re-elected nonetheless. It's pretty near impossible for an incumbent pres. to lose a reelection bid, I have no idea how Bush pulled it off in 1992. 

Read my lips....