Biden to be indicted by "Citizens Grand Jury"

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well like the First Amendment protects Nazis marching in Skokie, it protects members of the bar who say shitass things.  When they start to DO shitass things, the system starts to work.

He is DOING something -- he is fomenting discord.  I'm sure you'll have an explanation as to why that is not illegal, and you are surely right.  I don't give a fuck.  This  is outside the bounds of what should be expected by agents of the court, period.

Stop arguing.  I have no doubt you are relating the law as it stands.  I am saying the law is fucked up.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well like the First Amendment protects Nazis marching in Skokie, it protects members of the bar who say shitass things.  When they start to DO shitass things, the system starts to work.

I think one of the major disconnects is that you, like half this board, are a lawyer. You can distinguish someone saying something in a legal manner (or portraying themselves as acting in a legal manner) vs doing something in a legal manner. If you were the target of something frivolous you may still want to consult a friend or go back to your class notes (or equivalent) but you can unburden yourself with relatively little effort. Others can't. I'm a reasonably smart guy and if I was the target of something anywhere on the spectrum of a legal threat, I would be freaked out. I would need to pay a lawyer. I would lose sleep. Even if clearly bullshit and actionable, I would have a big cost. 

I am not suggesting you fix this matter, I agree that it is not trivial and that there are clearly 1st amendment issues. But I also think that you have big blinders on with regards to your knowledge of not just the law, but how to interact with entire legal / judicial system, that most people don't. As a matter of evidence, I submit your LARPing comment. I think I did that right, I watched some Night Court reruns last night. :)

19 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I think one of the major disconnects is that you, like half this board, are a lawyer. You can distinguish someone saying something in a legal manner (or portraying themselves as acting in a legal manner) vs doing something in a legal manner. If you were the target of something frivolous you may still want to consult a friend or go back to your class notes (or equivalent) but you can unburden yourself with relatively little effort. Others can't. I'm a reasonably smart guy and if I was the target of something anywhere on the spectrum of a legal threat, I would be freaked out. I would need to pay a lawyer. I would lose sleep. Even if clearly bullshit and actionable, I would have a big cost. 

I am not suggesting you fix this matter, I agree that it is not trivial and that there are clearly 1st amendment issues. But I also think that you have big blinders on with regards to your knowledge of not just the law, but how to interact with entire legal / judicial system, that most people don't. As a matter of evidence, I submit your LARPing comment. I think I did that right, I watched some Night Court reruns last night. :)

Well any lawyer engaged by any target of one of these "citizen grand juries" would probably not accept money to advise the target to fuhgeddaboutit.

The worst thing you'd have to tell a client is that the client has now drawn the attention of an apparent lunatic.

These things have been going on since 9/11 and receiving exactly as much publicity as they deserve.  None.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 4/9/2021 at 11:54 AM, Brisketexan said:

I wish that this was entirely sarcastic/joking.  It's not.  These psychopaths are enabling and empowering the dumber level of psychopaths.  The chance of some band of psychos attempting an armed "arrest" of Biden at some point in his tenure is uncomfortably north of zero.  40% (at least) of our country is clinically fucking insane.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Another fine example of conservative attention-whore politics.

Much sound and fury, signifying nothing.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:07 PM, Beau Vine said:

I would like to think that the FBI/Secret Service is all up in Larry's ass soon if not already.

Yeah this reminds me of that time Steve Earle said "Townes Van Zandt is the finest songwriter in America, and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say it to his face."

Somebody told Townes Steve had said that, and Townes said "I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards, and if Steve thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." 

From bullshit like this to frivolous, no-evidence will contests, the best and swiftest way to reduce the number of abusive cases is for the ladies and gentlemen wearing the black robes and holding the gavels to start assessing fees and costs against these assholes with a vengeance and awarding them to the defendants. 

On 4/11/2021 at 5:34 AM, Bama Llama said:

From bullshit like this to frivolous, no-evidence will contests, the best and swiftest way to reduce the number of abusive cases is for the ladies and gentlemen wearing the black robes and holding the gavels to start assessing fees and costs against these assholes with a vengeance and awarding them to the defendants. 

You do get that this doesn't occur or ever go before any kind of legitimate judge, right?

Some dickwad I suppose puts on a black robe.  And maybe a wizard hat.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2021 at 7:35 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Nah.

Because that's bullshit.

What Klayman is doing right now is basically LARPing.

Pretty much everyone has the right to LARP.  Until someone gets their eye put out.

Let's say some moron, or group of morons, actually tries to "arrest" Biden. SS puts the hammer on him/them, they go to jail.

Can this Klayman asshole be charged then? Inciting sedition or some such?

On 4/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, wildcat09 said:

It's hard to think of a good reason why civil war might be anything but inevitable at this point. These people clearly want one and their friends control plenty of police forces and statehouses.

It's a good thing we're arming police forces with paramilitary weaponry.

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Let's say some moron, or group of morons, actually tries to "arrest" Biden. SS puts the hammer on him/them, they go to jail.

Can this Klayman asshole be charged then? Inciting sedition or some such?

Good question.  I'm guessing he might be part of a consipracy to kidnap, or falsely imprison or some such thing.  Even for sedition, the law tends to favor overt acts by the actors, rather than just ideas or speech.  He may be just smart enough to exclude himself from any such conspiracies.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

I say we call a Surly Grand Jury for this Klayman asshole. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwdadpRoTBiq9bt9TuF0o

I mean, the royal we could do this at any time.