Kansas State @ Texas weekend series

zlavydra

1 hour ago, jinx said:

I gotta say I don’t remember this version of old school Texas baseball. Feels more like LSU.  

More in the 02-05 way of “fuck you, we’re finding a way to win”. I mean they had us in the 8th. We lost 3 starters and just blew a 3 run lead going into the bottom of the 8th with no momentum. Those late Augie teams and our 2019 team lose that game ending it with 2 straight strikeouts looking. Christ Hodo could’ve moped around and struck out to open the 8th. Instead he gets us a lead off double and starts that 8th inning of awesome. Basically, with some exceptions, the teams of the last 10 years lose that game and probably tomorrow’s. It was great seeing us bounce back and take what’s ours. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

More in the 02-05 way of “fuck you, we’re finding a way to win”. I mean they had us in the 8th. We lost 3 starters and just blew a 3 run lead going into the bottom of the 8th with no momentum. Those late Augie teams and our 2019 team lose that game ending it with 2 straight strikeouts looking. Christ Hodo could’ve moped around and struck out to open the 8th. Instead he gets us a lead off double and starts that 8th inning of awesome. Basically, with some exceptions, the teams of the last 10 years lose that game and probably tomorrow’s. It was great seeing us bounce back and take what’s ours. 

You beat me to it. Those teams weren’t gorilla ballers, but they could mash the ball when it was really needed.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Comparing Pierce to Shaka is next level stupid but you seem to do this often. 

I really don't understand the Pierce hate on this board. Yeah, 2019 sucked. But 2018 was pretty awesome and 2020 looked to be a special team if we had played out the season. I've enjoyed 2021 so far. 

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Remember when Texas played Arizona State many years ago and beat them in the 9th inning with a grand slam.  Bad ass.

Preston Clark hit the grand slam to beat army in the regionals. You’re thinking of Rupps moon shot then Rowe flicking one into the left field bleachers. Ahhhh fun times 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Preston Clark hit the grand slam to beat army in the regionals. You’re thinking of Rupps moon shot then Rowe flicking one into the left field bleachers. Ahhhh fun times 

Nope. Referring to Tempe regional about 20 years ago.