Kansas State @ Texas weekend series

zlavydra

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Combination of much improved approach at the plate and truly awful pitching. Well, to be honest K State pitchers last night weren't bad.

Yeah we lit up their supposed 1st rounder and got through on their closer 

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Who the hell are these guys? Did we secretly replace our team with hitting mutants designed in secret labs underneath MBB?

I was admittedly down on Pierce after 2019 and 2020 was a wash out but at least he has recruited some guys such that our lineup doesn't look like 5 2nd basemen and 4 centerfielders.  I bet Tulo has been a significant help.

good ptiching will always beat good hitting but we couldn't even hit average mid week pitching except when Kody went video game and it helped the rest of our lineup in 2018.

definitely feeling much more like a Texas team should feel.  the fielding improving is very nice as well and I give Pierce all the credit for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know I have seen a Texas team with this much offense. Augie’s teams were great but there were a ton of nail biters because our pitching was superb but we worked hard to manufacture runs.

Demolishing a shitty KSU team is fun. This team is playing very loose right now.  Kudos Coach Pierce. Let’s turn it into hardware. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

I don’t know I have seen a Texas team with this much offense. Augie’s teams were great but there were a ton of nail biters because our pitching was superb but we worked hard to manufacture runs.

Demolishing a shitty KSU team is fun. This team is playing very loose right now.  Kudos Coach Pierce. Let’s turn it into hardware. 

the way we won last night had to be demoralizing for KSU....which is the way it is supposed to be.

• Like 1

I think the biggest knock on Pierce is his inability to coach at an elite level consistently. I’ll admit that I’m pleasantly surprised what this team has shown during this stretch of conference play but I’m really interested in how this team plays against okie state, tech and tcu. That stretch of games should show us what Pierce and the team are made of in a more complete way. 

39 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Need to find Stehle a spot in the lineup.

And Campbell. But who do you replace? Daly? No. Obviously not Faltine. Definitely not Cam Williams. All our starters are pretty are pretty fucking. Good. Nice to have depth for the first time since, ohhhh, 2014?

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

I think the biggest knock on Pierce is his inability to coach at an elite level consistently. I’ll admit that I’m pleasantly surprised what this team has shown during this stretch of conference play but I’m really interested in how this team plays against okie state, tech and tcu. That stretch of games should show us what Pierce and the team are made of in a more complete way. 

Yeah no shit. But the fact we lit up a projected first rounder with our back ups last night and have been beating the shit out of pitching we’re supposed to. We haven’t really done that since 2010 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fletch said:

And Campbell. But who do you replace? Daly? No. Obviously not Faltine. Definitely not Cam Williams. All our starters are pretty are pretty fucking. Good. Nice to have depth for the first time since, ohhhh, 2014?

Maybe work in and out with Daly. Daly has been a bit questionable on defense over the last month.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

About to be 26-3 at the Disch the last 2 seasons. This team is very difficult to be at home. 

It's also going to suck if this team doesn't get the chance to host a regional and possibly super regional. 

if we do what we are supposed to do against the rest of the non con and go .500 against tech/tcu/osu I can't see anyway we don't host a regional.  Is there something I'm missing?

8 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Watching Melendez round the basepaths (a frequent site lately) and thought to myself, "Dude looks like a linebacker." Checked his profile at texassports.com and, sure enough, 6-foot-3 and 225 pounds.

How'd this monster go undrafted and have to play JC ball?

If I had to guess, he grew and EP Coronado HS.  Probably didn't get much attention out there.

47 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Watching Melendez round the basepaths (a frequent site lately) and thought to myself, "Dude looks like a linebacker." Checked his profile at texassports.com and, sure enough, 6-foot-3 and 225 pounds.

How'd this monster go undrafted and have to play JC ball?

Yep. And I wanna talk about today's HR a little more. They raised the monster prior to this year, right? Was it to improve the hitter's background? Anyway, it mighta been hard to tell on tv, but it hit about a foot or so from the top. Woulda cleared the old monster easily, and it was hit into a pretty stiff wind. I can't remember ever seeing a shot like that into the wind at the Disch. And just like the 471 footer the other night, he was reaching for it and didn't really look like he got all of it. Kid's just phenomenally strong.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

About to be 26-3 at the Disch the last 2 seasons. This team is very difficult to be at home. 

It's also going to suck if this team doesn't get the chance to host a regional and possibly super regional. 

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

if we do what we are supposed to do against the rest of the non con and go .500 against tech/tcu/osu I can't see anyway we don't host a regional.  Is there something I'm missing?

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The NCAA is designating who hosts this year because of Covid. 

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

It’s still mostly based on merit. Just deciding earlier 

If I heard correctly, I think schools have to bid to host this year. Highly doubt anybody outbids us for a chance to host. Regional or Super Regional