Chinese Knockoffs

The wife has expressed a desire for a Chinese knockoff handbag (think Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.). Whatever. It's better than spending $2500 for a real Louis Vuitton. 

I know there used to be a thread with good sites to find Chinese knockoff jerseys. Anybody got a good source to find fake designer purses? Should I just hit up Ebay or AliExpress?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

The wife has expressed a desire for a Chinese knockoff handbag (think Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.). Whatever. It's better than spending $2500 for a real Louis Vuitton. 

I know there used to be a thread with good sites to find Chinese knockoff jerseys. Anybody got a good source to find fake designer purses? Should I just hit up Ebay or AliExpress?

Thanks in advance.

OP, I've got a Chinese National that married into the family.  She gets shit like that for all the women in the bunch, and a lot of their friends as well.   I'll ask for a link. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You could roll the dice and get something on Wish. I bought a Scotty Cameron putter on there for $85, real ones go for $300. I compared it to the real one my buddy has, it's virtually indistinguishable. It even has all the hologram stickers and serial numbers on it.

On the other hand, I bought a pair of Yeezy sneakers on there for $30 and....yeah. They look ok from 20 feet away but they feel like the cheapest thing I own. Basically a moderately comfortable houseshoe, as I don't wear them out of the house.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Are flea markets not a thing anymore?

Ummm, have you seen the people that are at flea markets? And during COVID? Fuck that.

The goal is for me to sit on my ass in front of the laptop, pick out a fake Louis, pay some Chinese asshole tree fiddy, and then two weeks later have a horse-leather LV that will only fool about 50% of the mom's at school.

Ummm, have you seen the people that are at flea markets? And during COVID? Fuck that.
The goal is for me to sit on my ass in front of the laptop, pick out a fake Louis, pay some Chinese asshole tree fiddy, and then two weeks later have a horse-leather LV that will only fool about 50% of the mom's at school.

Did you even Google “fake Louis bag”? It’s like the first result.

https://gritandgraceboutiqueshop.com/product/louis-vuitton-monogram-canvas-neverfull-gm-m40990-beige-2/

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Did you even Google “fake Louis bag”? It’s like the first result.

https://gritandgraceboutiqueshop.com/product/louis-vuitton-monogram-canvas-neverfull-gm-m40990-beige-2/

Yeah, I was hoping that somebody could point me towards the trustworthy and reputable online fake handbag salespeople, and not the shifty conmen who are likely to take my money and leave me either empty-handed, or with something that looks nothing like the real thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I was hoping that somebody could point me towards the trustworthy and reputable online fake handbag salespeople, and not the shifty conmen who are likely to take my money and leave me either empty-handed, or with something that looks nothing like the real thing.

that was a nice touch

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She ended up buying a bag off of DHGate. 

The names and descriptions are mostly all intentionally misspelled, so it makes it harder to find what you're looking for, but it gives them plausible deniability, I guess.

So, if you go to the LV website and the product you want is the 'M40995 NEVERFULL MM' , you might find it by searching for 'M40995' or 'Neverfull' or 'NF' or 'Neverfill' or you may just have to click around til you see a picture that looks similar.

Anyhow, we're in for $175. We'll see what it actually looks like when it arrives.

Anyhow, we're in for $175. We'll see what it actually looks like when it arrives.

they've figured out selling online will get higher margins.  those fake LV bags 5 years ago were all going under $100 if you negotiated in person.

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

She ended up buying a bag off of DHGate. 

The names and descriptions are mostly all intentionally misspelled, so it makes it harder to find what you're looking for, but it gives them plausible deniability, I guess.

So, if you go to the LV website and the product you want is the 'M40995 NEVERFULL MM' , you might find it by searching for 'M40995' or 'Neverfull' or 'NF' or 'Neverfill' or you may just have to click around til you see a picture that looks similar.

Plausible deniability, yes, and keeps LVMH and similar high-dollar brand entities from finding them quite as easily and shutting them down.

Chasing down and seizing counterfeit goods is a big business for trademark lawdogs.  They stay busy as hell.

Sam Moon in Dallas got raided a couple of times 10-20 years back and you won't find anymore counterfeits there.

58 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

they've figured out selling online will get higher margins.  those fake LV bags 5 years ago were all going under $100 if you negotiated in person.

Yeah, and unfortunately the same bag was available from multiple sellers on DHGate, ranging from $50 to $300 . She ended up picking this particular seller, because she saw a TikTok video where the, uhhhh.... influencer?....  showed off a bag she bought from the same seller that looked somewhat legit.

FML.

18 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Yeah, and unfortunately the same bag was available from multiple sellers on DHGate, ranging from $50 to $300 . She ended up picking this particular seller, because she saw a TikTok video where the, uhhhh.... influencer?....  showed off a bag she bought from the same seller that looked somewhat legit.

FML.

that's great news. if you get it and it's hilariously shitty now it's on her not you (right?)

There are so many varying degrees of these things.....from gas station copies to the real thing but smuggled out/in. 

I may know of a few women who might have come to be in possession of a couple of items that for all intents and purposes are legit, but did not make it over here through the normal channels.  Those would be sold in major cities where you have to get a personal referral to even be let in to see the inventory.  No phones/ cameras allowed...appointment only and buzzed into a locked, generic looking office.

I like to imagine those workers overseas are pulling a Johnny Cash One Piece at a Time  racket and are individually profiting above their meager wages, but in reality they are probably boosted at the border during customs work.

1 hour ago, Reagan1k said:

There are so many varying degrees of these things.....from gas station copies to the real thing but smuggled out/in. 

I may know of a few women who might have come to be in possession of a couple of items that for all intents and purposes are legit, but did not make it over here through the normal channels.  Those would be sold in major cities where you have to get a personal referral to even be let in to see the inventory.  No phones/ cameras allowed...appointment only and buzzed into a locked, generic looking office.

I like to imagine those workers overseas are pulling a Johnny Cash One Piece at a Time  racket and are individually profiting above their meager wages, but in reality they are probably boosted at the border during customs work.

This has saved my wife a boatload of money. I don't care how they are doing it, just keep doing it please. 

2 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

I just always assumed that Gucci ordered 150 purses to be made at $50/piece, so the factory owner/manager made 200 purses, and shipped 150 to the designer and 50 of them to the counterfeit store that sells them for $100/piece.

The racket has to be run from the top.

I always find it fascinating how women want to carry around a $3k purse. It’s advertising that you have money to a thief.

Buying a knockoff of the $3k purse isn’t smart either I would think. You’re advertising you have money but when the robber gets pissed you don’t have any...I’ll just stop there.

2 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I always find it fascinating how women want to carry around a $3k purse. It’s advertising that you have money to a thief.

Buying a knockoff of the $3k purse isn’t smart either I would think. You’re advertising you have money but when the robber gets pissed you don’t have any...I’ll just stop there.

Don’t forget about the gals  who leave  it in their car and then go on the Nextdoor App to post their car got broken into. It’s  once or twice a month post in many suburbs.  The first sentence after announcing the theft is my (fill in the blank) brand purse was stolen.   Well duh!  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

On 4/10/2021 at 3:55 PM, Gil Bang said:

I’m back and I’m no help. She responded to my text and said that she only uses Chinese-language websites, and cannot find an English version of the ones that she trusts (her English is pretty decent 6/10 or so).

Solly.

image.png.5797bcc42b70fe2d44090aa81e15829d.png

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I guess you wouldn't wear a Rolex either?

10 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I just always assumed that Gucci ordered 150 purses to be made at $50/piece, so the factory owner/manager made 200 purses, and shipped 150 to the designer and 50 of them to the counterfeit store that sells them for $100/piece.

There's two ways "grey market" goods work, generally.

The first is by escaping the "authorized dealer" network and prescribed markup, which can be monstrous, several hundred percent.  Outside the AD network, a tidy profit can be made without MSRP, and so goods get sold a a significant discount to AD MSRP.

The other way is when there are different pricing structures in different countries.  A while back, "midsized" Rolexes (around 34mm at the time) weren't sold in Europe or the US, but primarily in Asia and at a considerable discount to full-size (and ladies) Rolexes in Europe and the US.  These were authentic Rolexes and still said "Datejust" or "Oyster Perpetual" or what have you on the dial, but were a tad smaller than usual.

All that said, I'm not 100% sure how the grey market goods escape the AD network.  But it seems to be a problem for most "brand-y" retailers.

13 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

9 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I guess you wouldn't wear a Rolex either?

This ^

Or drive a nice car?

8 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I have one.  Submariner two tone (gold and steel).  I rarely wear it.  In my gun safe.

I wear my Hamilton Field Khaki with a NATO strap mainly. 

Then why have one?  You saving it for your wife's boyfriend to wear?

On 4/10/2021 at 1:12 PM, Gil Bang said:

And I feel obligated to point out that I've heard that those jerseys weren't good for scoring meth and sucking cock unless you had them tailored first.  

For the physique and classy Jews.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:47 PM, Hornlover said:

Yeah, but IconoclastTexan is a special breed.

One of the greatest threads in shaggy history.  And the best part was that it was the thread that just kept on giving, because sure as shit, every month or so, some Chinese knockoff website owner would somehow find it and bump it by randomly posting on it to try to sell them.  Used to giggle every time that happened

19 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Most of those high end leather goods are made in their own factories in Europe, often of leather that was tanned there as well. So you aren't just paying for the brand name and higher quality, you are paying for more expensive labor as well. But, yeah, the markup on luxury goods is pretty significant. 

24 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

This ^

Or drive a nice car?

Then why have one?  You saving it for your wife's boyfriend to wear?

Ironically, my nice (2019 Silverado LTZ) truck was stolen out of my driveway 2 weeks before thanksgiving last year. I bought an Explorer.

Then why have one? It was a gift from my dad. I still wear it occasionally when I go out to a nice dinner or somewhere I would consider safer than New Orleans. But not going to the office in over a year due to Covid and staying at home 99% of the time, there no reason for it to not be put up in a safe place.

8 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Ironically, my nice (2019 Silverado LTZ) truck was stolen out of my driveway 2 weeks before thanksgiving last year. I bought an Explorer.

Then why have one? It was a gift from my dad. I still wear it occasionally when I go out to a nice dinner or somewhere I would consider safer than New Orleans. But not going to the office in over a year due to Covid and staying at home 99% of the time, there no reason for it to not be put up in a safe place.

tenor.gif

20 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Most of those high end leather goods are made in their own factories in Europe, often of leather that was tanned there as well. So you aren't just paying for the brand name and higher quality, you are paying for more expensive labor as well. But, yeah, the markup on luxury goods is pretty significant. 

Except for Louis Vuitton.  That shit's made in By Gawd Alvarado, Texas damnit 💪

• Hook 'Em 1