What kind of computer mice do you use?

52-80

Have some credit at Best Buy that I need to burn.  Probably get some sort of Logitech mouse but i dont know if theyre worthwhile purchases?  Seem to have great reviews everywhere.  I just cant fathom the price difference between an MX Master series (100) vs a typical generic mouse (20).

What I really want is a quiet mouse with a positive action but doesnt click, and that seems impossible to find.  Ideally with an ergo/upright shape.  Found a generic one that fit that mold except the quality was shit and the clicks often didnt register.  Logitech doesnt seem to offer any quiet mouse.

If you can find a Logitech G602 or G604 under $60, buy it.  The best mouse I've used.  It's a "gaming mouse" but all that silly gaming crap is kept to a minimum.  The G604 looks better but I like the 602 a bit better because the 604 has "feet" to help it slide and it just feels odd.   Otherwise they're pretty much the same.

One good thing about gaming mice is they're built to take more punishment so they generally don't die when you spill coffee on them (which I have) or drop them (which I have) or drop something on them (which I have).  It lasts 6-12 months on one set of batteries and never has any issues.  I had the MX and this is so much better in every way. 

12 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Same. I have used wireless and wired versions of this mouse for 15 or so years. Until I got him a gaming mouse, my son would use one, too. Zero complaints for general purpose use. 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:17 PM, Liquor and Poker said:

If you can find a Logitech G602 or G604 under $60, buy it.  The best mouse I've used.  It's a "gaming mouse" but all that silly gaming crap is kept to a minimum.  The G604 looks better but I like the 602 a bit better because the 604 has "feet" to help it slide and it just feels odd.   Otherwise they're pretty much the same.

One good thing about gaming mice is they're built to take more punishment so they generally don't die when you spill coffee on them (which I have) or drop them (which I have) or drop something on them (which I have).  It lasts 6-12 months on one set of batteries and never has any issues.  I had the MX and this is so much better in every way. 

the shapes of those look nice but damn if they dont look like theyre from a sci-fi movie.  which MX did you have?  i like that the MX can work on glass and basically all surfaces and is BT compatible - no dongles needed

I have my mouse and keyboard connected to two machines (desktop and a docked laptop) via an app called synergy. Works really good, no real complaints, and so much better than plugging into a switch and hitting a button. It’s seamless, feels like it’s multiple monitors, but different machines.

There are a couple tiny quirks with it, but they are nothing that are even on most users radars. Biggest one for me is I have my mouse set to get real big for a second if I move the cursor back and forth real quick in case I don’t know where the cursor is currently. Not sure why, but it doesn’t do that for some reason. Then one time the screen savers got quirky, but not sure if the app had anything to do with that situation. 

Overall I’m really pleased with it, and glad I got it.