NCAA Statement on Transgender Participation

Don Johnson

Move if needed.  Could be CR, DT, Football, Basketball, Baseball...

Could this affect the soon to be chosen baseball regionals?   Does the NCAA have a say in the CFB Playoff locations?  This for sure affects NCAAT locations and other championships.

When determining where championships are held, NCAA policy directs that only locations where hosts can commit to providing an environment that is safe, healthy and free of discrimination should be selected. We will continue to closely monitor these situations to determine whether NCAA championships can be conducted in ways that are welcoming and respectful of all participants. 

Some states have already passed legislation.  Many others (Texas) are in the process.   5 of the top 6 college baseball teams in the country are in Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee.

Our approach — which requires testosterone suppression treatment for transgender women to compete in women’s sports — embraces the evolving science on this issue and is anchored in participation policies of both the International Olympic Committee and the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee.

Yo, you say you can identify as anything you want on a sliding scale because binary gender is a social construct.... and that's fine in your private life.

But sports isn't a social construct, it's a physical competition, so why not accept a separation using the primary taxonomic identifier (i.e. biological gender)... or eliminate gender class altogether in competition.  Fuck it.  Everybody competes for the a spot on football/basketball/baseball/track/tennis team on pure talent.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Sorry but how many transgender female athletes are out there in competitive sports and of those, what proportion are outclassing all the cisgender women?

Why all of a sudden is this THE big, trendy issue?

Solution in search of a problem, just to kick around the "out" group some more and distract from actual issues that need tackling. 

I have been scratching my head trying to figure out what this is an issue. I think you're 100% correct that this merely is solution looking for a problem or maybe more accurately another extreme goalpost move used as a idealogical litmus test with which to then bash anyone that does not conform. This one of those symbolic issues that I just do not think would pass the consistency smell test. Fuck off with the disingenuous "discrimination" bullshit. Fuck the NCAA and let's start over.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Sorry but how many transgender female athletes are out there in competitive sports and of those, what proportion are outclassing all the cisgender women?

Why all of a sudden is this THE big, trendy issue?

Solution in search of a problem, just to kick around the "out" group some more and distract from actual issues that need tackling. 

Treating people with respect isn’t allowed anymore.  The last half decade should have told ya  

Damn right the NCAA has to take action (for the second time, mind you) when state governments decide to legislate certain groups into second or third class status.

9 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I’m all for trans folks living there best lives but those videos of a tall, muscled trans girl with her junk evident smoking the smaller cis chicks in track is impossible to ignore.

I saw that episode of South Park too. So disturbing. Start legislating y’all!! For the children!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's the NCAA policy on this issue, page 13.

NCAA Policy on Transgender Student-Athlete Participation
The following policies clarify participation of transgender student-athletes undergoing hormonal treatment for gender transition:

1. A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who has received a medical exception for treatment with testosterone for diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for purposes of NCAA competition may compete on a men’s team, but is no longer eligible to compete on a women’s team without changing that team status to a mixed team.
  2. A trans female (MTF) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for the purposes of NCAA competition may continue to compete on a men’s team but may not compete on a women’s team without changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment.

There is no common sense on this issue. It’s gone. Gender dysphoria. I’m a “they” I’m bisexual. I’m transgender. I’m heterosexual. I’m pansexual. I’m gay. 

IMO everyone is entitled to enjoy and be who they believe they are. Do I understand it. No. Will I ever? I hope I will. But should biological males compete with biological females in sports? No. Sorry no. Nope. Compete in your biological category dressed however you would like. Nope. Sorry but the Baylor basketball player was NOT a bio female. And it’s not fair. Men are twice as strong as females even with hormones. Jeez. We barely get enough coverage on our sports as it is. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

There is no common sense on this issue. It’s gone. Gender dysphoria. I’m a “they” I’m bisexual. I’m transgender. I’m heterosexual. I’m pansexual. I’m gay. 

IMO everyone is entitled to enjoy and be who they believe they are. Do I understand it. No. Will I ever? I hope I will. But should biological males compete with biological females in sports? No. Sorry no. Nope. Compete in your biological category dressed however you would like. Nope. Sorry but the Baylor basketball player was NOT a bio female. And it’s not fair. Men are twice as strong as females even with hormones. Jeez. We barely get enough coverage on our sports as it is. 

And exactly how the fuck do you know?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And exactly how the fuck do you know?

I already said I don’t know and hope to understand. Also is it true you fell into a fire pit while exposing yourself?

Course there could be roids involved but...

2EC46B63-3FCA-4981-A062-7F114AF68857.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I already said I don’t know and hope to understand. Also is it true you fell into a fire pit while exposing yourself?

Course there could be roids involved but...

2EC46B63-3FCA-4981-A062-7F114AF68857.jpeg

So, does your position change if she was born female? Or would you still object to her playing with other girls?

Why does it have to now be cisgender anything? You are born. You either have a penis or a vagina or both. Nothing I know can make me not love a person. ❤️  I went to two classes after I miscarried and there were two individuals in my sessions that could never have kids because of how they were born. I felt sorry for them. Still do. But they can’t and they won’t and medical science can’t do what they believe they should have and be. Miscarriage is a tough deal. I am sorry for those that cannot experience that. 

We have been told as females unless you can do the physical work you cannot have the job: sorry but you cannot compete in sports outside of the gender you were dealt. Deal the fuck with it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I wish someone would notice that the NCAA rules I posted above about transgender participation in sports were issued in 2011, which was 10 years ago, and does indeed raise the question about why this is now such an urgent topic at the collegiate level.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

All I know is that if I was a college women’s coach I would be recruiting TF out of some trans athletes. I would have the all trans all-stars. We would kick peoples asses and we would be fabulous. And I would know exactly the legal testosterone suppression level and not go a hair above it.

Something like that might actually make me follow women’s basketball. To see my team out there dunking on natural females would be amazing. And supporting the team would give you cred with the PC police so it would be a win win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HookEm said:

All I know is that if I was a college women’s coach I would be recruiting TF out of some trans athletes. I would have the all trans all-stars. We would kick peoples asses and we would be fabulous. And I would know exactly the legal testosterone suppression level and not go a hair above it.

Something like that might actually make me follow women’s basketball. To see my team out there dunking on natural females would be amazing. And supporting the team would give you cred with the PC police so it would be a win win.

One wonders why that hasn't been tried sometime in the last 10 years since the NCAA implemented its current transgender policies.

Seems like this is more or less a non-issue in team sports.

Track and some other individual sports would seem to be more problematic.

I'd be interested to see how big a deal it really is before going off half-cocked with rules and shit.

By big deal I mean what kind of real competitive disadvantages or injury potentials result.

There have always been overgrown kids and ringers and most of the complaints about them are much ado about nothing.

It seems that the number of MtF TG kids that have the inclination and talent to actually seriously affect competiton is going to be relatively small.  The fear of tight-end sized girls overtaking all womens sports seems rather overblown.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

You have transgendered females competing in women's wrestling, rugby and maybe hockey, and that's dangerous.  They're gonna hurt people.

Yep.

I'm all for equality in every way.  If you feel that you should've been born a woman or you're a woman on the inside and you want to make that change, have at it, and nobody should treat you any differently before or after.

But...  You are biologically male and you got all the hormonal and developmental advantages that came with that, whether you wanted them or not.  It is neither fair nor safe to have you competing against females.

And the fact that about 90% of all liberal feminists are on the other side of this issue is seriously ironic, since it's females who will be hurt by this lunacy.

But I'm probably just not woke enough.  Or something.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4

A team of 5 transgenders throwing down monster dunks in the women’s final four would be the 2020’s version of Texas Western. Let’s join together in the dissolution of women’s sports and simply have a single non-gender-specific team for each sport. May the best athletes get the scholarships, regardless of anatomy, chromosomes, or testosterone. Megan Rapinoe, hope you like your new job at Burger King. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

A team of 5 transgenders throwing down monster dunks in the women’s final four would be the 2020’s version of Texas Western. Let’s join together in the dissolution of women’s sports and simply have a single non-gender-specific team for each sport. May the best athletes get the scholarships, regardless of anatomy, chromosomes, or testosterone. Megan Rapinoe, hope you like your new job at Burger King. 

Let's get real for a minute. Women's basketball NEEDS more dunking. This could literally save the WNBA!

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Let's get real for a minute. Women's basketball NEEDS more dunking. This could literally save the WNBA!

No it couldn't. We have that ... it's called the developmental league ... or at least we used to have it, who knows.

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

McGrady was right when he suggested

lowering the rim. Professional basketball is a business not a charity. Start with getting SOME women to actually watch the product. 

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I can look to nature for example of animals that thrive on eating their own feces, but I don't try to build a youth sports league around the concept. 

Even weaker comparison, competitive feces consumption doesn’t exist. 

I’m curious if you took a mediocre NBA player, say someone like Tim Hardaway Jr. and started giving them testosterone therapy - would they ever cease to be the most dominant woman basketball player on the planet?

Sure he/she may lose some muscle mass, but they wouldn’t lose the muscle memory, years of training, coaching at the highest levels, competitiveness, bone structure, height, etc.

I could see it MAYBE if they started the transition at age 5. But the older they are, the more unfair it seems.

How are you not convinced it is accurate?  That info including their race times had been available for a while. Slow bio dudes went and dominated bio girl track meets. 

Dude, cause he’s not convinced. You put those facts in his face and he discards them. End of story.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't think this should be a legislative issue and I think the NCAA released a fine statement. I don't know what the fuck anything has to do with youth athletics here, this is the NCAA statement not the fucking UIL not the youth basketball association of whatever town or city you live in. 

This isn't a high school sports transgender issue thread, this is a thread on the NCAA statement for transgender participation. The NCAA can do whatever the fuck it wants, and states can also legislate however the fuck they want. Fuck around and find out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I don't think this should be a legislative issue and I think the NCAA released a fine statement. I don't know what the fuck anything has to do with youth athletics here, this is the NCAA statement not the fucking UIL not the youth basketball association of whatever town or city you live in. 

This isn't a high school sports transgender issue thread, this is a thread on the NCAA statement for transgender participation. The NCAA can do whatever the fuck it wants, and states can also legislate however the fuck they want. Fuck around and find out.

How liberal of you.

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah, no. The NFHS, while not completely in lockstep with the NCAA, follows their lead quite a bit. I agree this shouldn't be a legislative issue because it shouldn't be an issue at all. 

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

How liberal of you.

Can't tell if serious? States can do whatever they want, the sanctioning and governing body of athletics in the NCAA can also do whatever they want. How does this have anything to do with political ideology? Are you trying to cloak up this thread?

1 minute ago, Ridingtosunset said:

Yeah, no. The NFHS, while not completely in lockstep with the NCAA, follows their lead quite a bit. I agree this shouldn't be a legislative issue because it shouldn't be an issue at all. 

Is this thread title "how the NFHS follows what the NCAA says and therefor this is a thread about youth athletics and transgender participants" or is it literally titled "NCAA Statement on transgender participation" 

I'm not saying that the discussion isn't needed, it's just not what this thread is about. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Is this thread title "how the NFHS follows what the NCAA says and therefor this is a thread about youth athletics and transgender participants" or is it literally titled "NCAA Statement on transgender participation" 

I'm not saying that the discussion isn't needed, it's just not what this thread is about. 

I think I've been pretty on point on the subject of the thread. There are obvious bigger ramifications here.