Boston College ups their game; signs with New Balance

Parliament

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

New Balance is s fairly strong brand around Boston. This was a home town deal much like Under Armor signing Maryland.

Yup. Keeping things in Boston.

I actually liked NB's Liverpool uniforms too, much as I hate that team. They just didn't have the international marketing pull to really activate that deal.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

If UCLA doesn't sign with LA Gear, then the entire planet should end. Why even have things if you can't resurrect the greatest shoe brand in history to bring glory back to UCLA.

Too late.  We already signed with Jumpman.

And I for one exclusively buy NB for my running shoes.  Of course I am a 54 year old father of 2.

There is a certain model or line of NB walking shoe or some such that is as readily identifiable with senior citizens as dark socks with sandals, or velcro diabeetus shoes.

I believe these are them.

A__20969.1459086394.750.750.jpg?c=2

Also available in black for the super fuddy duddies.

Apart from that, I think they make pretty decent shoes.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

There is a certain model or line of NB walking shoe or some such that is as readily identifiable with senior citizens as dark socks with sandals, or velcro diabeetus shoes.

I believe these are them.

A__20969.1459086394.750.750.jpg?c=2

Also available in black for the super fuddy duddies.

Lol.... I get the picture...    I know some folks with plantar fasciitis are die hard NB too. 

This is what I wear as my everyday shoe when not at work...     Comfortable as heck

mcrzrrb_nb_02_i?$pdpflexf2$&fmt=webp&wid

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

NB does not even appear to make a line of football shoes or cleats.

From time to time, it appears to me that OL wear high-top basketball shoes on turf.  Is this accurate?

They do make good Baseball cleats.  My oldest wore them when he played high school ball.  When everyone else was on the Nike and Under Amour bandwagon, our school bought New Balance cleats for the team.  

16 minutes ago, justhookit said:

520D8478-344E-4B16-8DC0-F31DA334F4A9.jpeg

A guy named Theron Brown who ran sprints for Hebert High in Beaumont used to wear these in prelims at track meets. He might bust out some spikes for the finals if he was feeling any pressure, but he’d usually just stick with the Zips. Also had that pouch for his lunch money 

1 hour ago, mr. sunshine said:

A guy named Theron Brown who ran sprints for Hebert High in Beaumont used to wear these in prelims at track meets. He might bust out some spikes for the finals if he was feeling any pressure, but he’d usually just stick with the Zips. Also had that pouch for his lunch money 

I thought the pouch was part of Roos Shoes

r/nostalgia - Roos Shoes

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They do make good Baseball cleats.  My oldest wore them when he played high school ball.  When everyone else was on the Nike and Under Amour bandwagon, our school bought New Balance cleats for the team.  

they make the best baseball cleats.   Will be interesting to see if their basketball shoes take off with the Kawhi deal they have.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I switched to On Cloud for running shoes (and for wearing when not running).  I love them.

That's a white power group right?

37 minutes ago, jinx said:

I thought the pouch was part of Roos Shoes

r/nostalgia - Roos Shoes

They were good enough for Sweetness.  For whatever they spent on his endorsement, it damned sure lasted...

58dede84cacfd09304e30185f68f71ac.jpg

Let the dad meme’s what commence?
New Balance only makes dad shoes

Haha..wasnt that funny? Tbh for a while their shoe styles were kinda stale and old school, but that seems to be coming back in fashion now.

Edit- I see it was grammar Nazi-ing...well played
  • Hook 'Em 1

I trained in NewBs when i ran the 800 in HS.

My 14yo son likes his NewBs now (hes 14 yo in HS). He also likes UA and Skechers. He's an old 14.

My 12yo wants AF1s and Jordans and shit...

But at the end of the day, they both like Crocs more than anything.

Shoe game is whack these days.

• Hook 'Em 2