Boston College ups their game; signs with New Balance

Parliament

Updated/Corrected: 30 of 31 Boston College sports to be outfitted by New Balance. The one exception is football, whose supplier will be announced at a later date.

Football probably gonna grab that sweet Land's End contract.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

If UCLA doesn't sign with LA Gear, then the entire planet should end. Why even have things if you can't resurrect the greatest shoe brand in history to bring glory back to UCLA.

British Knights making a run at the contracts for all the soccer gear across the pond.

52 minutes ago, markstanco said:
19 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:
I switched to On Cloud for running shoes (and for wearing when not running).  I love them.

This. Pricey but awesome shoes.

Yep.  Footwear is one thing never to go cheap on.  I think even Dave Ramsey agrees with that.  

23 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

NB does not even appear to make a line of football shoes or cleats.

From time to time, it appears to me that OL wear high-top basketball shoes on turf.  Is this accurate?

Upon reflection (kid's 28 now) it was NB wide ass shoes for basketball, and UA wide ass shoes for football. He wanted to wear Nike, but they were just too narrow. And I had some of those blue and white bad boys in the day. I now text a picture of my prospective NB purchase to my 21 year old daughter for final approval before purchase. Wouldn't want to be ostracized by my own family. 

I for one am totally on board the NB train and I have only been a dad for 14 months. They are making some kick ass stuff these days and are second only to Asics in quality. 
Thought I might be the only Asics fan in the world, high five!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1