Transfer G Devin Askew

Machinator

Big get, didn't shoot it well at all this year but nobody at Kentucky did, almost definitely was told he'd start. Good defender and he was supposed to be a freshman next year so hopefully being in a different environment helps get him going.

Edited by Teryor

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

He would have been 18 for his entire senior year of high school. Not sure that’s considered a year old for your grade.

I was like that because I repeated a grade when I was a kid moving from Mexico back to the States and switching education systems. I was pretty consistently the oldest or second-oldest in my grade at every level.

9 minutes ago, justhookit said:

He would have been 18 for his entire senior year of high school. Not sure that’s considered a year old for your grade.

He was held back a year.  Very common at the HS he played.  He reclassified from 2021 to 2020 because Cal needed a PG and didn't have anyone else.  He's on schedule for a summer birth kid.  

• Hook 'Em 1

"With Devin, we love to get guys that have been coached," Beard said. "We always really study high school coaching and the AAU coaching and this is kind of one of the things we always look at. And obviously, I respect for coach Cal and how they do things at Kentucky. This is great. Also, always remember my first conversation with Devin and how grateful and appreciative he was for his time at Kentucky. He's a no-excuse guy. Just looking for the next opportunity. That really made a huge impression on me. And he is a first-class guy, a talented player. All about player development and where he believes his game can go and we share that vision with him.