Nevada Wolf Pack @ Texas - Tues/Wed @ 6:30 on LHN

zlavydra

4 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Nevada has a solid team. They put the ball in play and hit everything on the screws. 

What killed them were a few walks and that dropped fly ball in right field. 

They also got better than average pitching last night (for them), with the last guy probably pitching the best 3 innings of his life.  Announcers mentioned more than once last night that some or all of their weekend guys might go tonight.  I don't think that's anything to fear, but the downside is we might have to wait for Sharts.

OK, uniform question provoked by the throwback unis with some wearing "kneepants" and others having them all the way down.

When I was in high school, we were given pants that didn't have different lengths, same when buying uniform pants for other teams. On a long-legged guy like me they were mostly kneepants, some of the wee infielders could wear them "down" on their shoes.  Some thought it was cool to have them "down."  Tall guys had no choice.

Hansen's a tall guy and kneepants.  Zubia's a tall guy and down.

I guess they make long baseball pants, now?  I am kind of surprised the throwbacks have long pants, though.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

At least it was no harm, no foul

Yeah but Jesus your job as a fielder when the ball is in play is “where should I be” whether it’s covering 3rd as a pitcher cause the 3rd baseman had to charge in for a bunt or a catcher backing up first on a routine grounder, there’s always somewhere you should be. And Daly should’ve been at 2nd. Eh whatever. He’ll get called on it during film