dcbc

Didn't see this one rebooted yet.

XNzOQmy.jpg

Magic 5e3

Igx5lJ7.jpg

Victoria Bassman 45410

and

RS1uNGv.jpg

The 67 Bandmaster and Bassman 100 (no longer owned).

There are others, but this should get us started.

Carry on.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 2

Got a cool toy last month that I've loved so far.  Usually play through an AC15, but with two kids under 3, the best times to play are usually quiet times in the house. 

On a suggestion I grabbed a Yamaha THR10C from Amazon and it has been great.  Has speakers if you want to use them (can't get terribly loud, but that's the idea) but also audio in and headphone line out.

It models a handful of classic amp sounds with hit and miss results but overall a solid selection of sounds to choose from.  Has a good selection of effects built in as well, and even a tuner.  For a solid state amp, it has great response when modeling tube amps and breaks/cleans up how you'd expect. 

It's not going to replace your regular rig, but for the price ($299) it's pretty useful little substitute when you can't play full.  Tons of stuff on YouTube worth checking out if you haven't looked at them before. 

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

That Yamaha has always gotten good reviews. I posted it in the guitar thread, but for a little more the Katana Air looks really interesting:

This looks cool, almost the exact same concept.  Vox made something similar as well but in what I watched I really didn't like the sounds (and it looks awful).

This Boss one seems more like the yamaha, but with a few more features for a bit more money.  Probably comes down to if you value those features and which has better sounds for you. 

I will say this classification of practice/travel amp is a pretty cool development.  I had not played much in the last year bc I can't play my real rig at a volume where it sounds decent and my other old solid state amp just sounds bad.  This can't get loud, but that makes it easier to push and get some good sounds at low volume.  Add in the portability, ability to run on battery, built in fx, it's a great utility. 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

If anyone spots a 1973-1976 Marshall JMP 2100 in the wild, please let me know. 

Guitar show is coming up on Dallas first weekend in May.  I'm going to be out of town, so someone else will have to regale us with stories and pics of the one that got away.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:35 PM, Chad Fuck said:

Guitar show is coming up on Dallas first weekend in May.  I'm going to be out of town, so someone else will have to regale us with stories and pics of the one that got away.

I plan to be there if tha lord's willin' and tha crick don't rise.

I ordered one of these today

H73585000000000-00-500x500.jpg

VHT Special 6. 10" speaker, one 6V6 power tube. I was looking at this as well as the Laney Cub 10. I've had the Laney before and knew what it sounded like, so I thought I'd give this one a try. If I don't like it I'll return it and get the Laney.

11 hours ago, Deej said:

That's a great little amp. Hand wired eyelet board. Easy to model. Takes a range of power tubes. Got the special 6 Ultra head and cab, now, but the regular Special 6 was nice.

I'm hoping it sounds a little more Fender-ish than the two amps I have now.

My Fender Blues Jr finally blew a fuse. For the life of me, I cannot find any EXACT info on the type of fuse I'm supposed to use. Still missing a bit of information... I figured it's:

1. 2A
  2. 250V
  3. 6mm x 30mm
  4. ...

Thought I read somewhere it's a MDL-2. Should I get a slow-blow or quick-blow.

My Fender Blues Jr finally blew a fuse. For the life of me, I cannot find any EXACT info on the type of fuse I'm supposed to use. Still missing a bit of information... I figured it's:
  1. 2A
  2. 250V
  3. 6mm x 30mm
  4. ...
Thought I read somewhere it's a MDL-2. Should I get a slow-blow or quick-blow.
BCP pack of 10 pcs Slow-Blow Fuse 2A 250V Glass Fuses 20 x 5mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ANBZV4U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_dUAXAbS5FZMZ2

Even at $3,500.00, I think the price tag is justifiable. 

I agree. Reading more about it, it might be the one amp to rule them all. It's basically everything Fender knows about making amps covered in a beautifully aged wrapper. At this point Fender's Custom Shop are the preeminent relic artists, absolute witches with that stuff, and by the looks of this amp they've brought that expertise to the amp side. I hope Marshall jumps on board because it's the only thing some of their reissues are missing. A relic'd KT66 based amp would be bonerjams.

It comes with Meet and Greet access, too. You can talk to him and try to nail down his complicated relationship with pedals. Lewl.

Speaking of, anyone want to go check out either his Sugar Land or Austin show next month? Gear junkies should support gear junkies.