These Go to 11 - The Guitar Amp Thread

dcbc

Ola is the man. He basically got a touring gig based on his YouTube videos, and he has made other appearances with other big time guitar you tubers like Lee Anderton, and this guy:

Just goes to show that personality is as important, if not more, than playing abilities when it comes to bands. There are tons of great players out there. But if you’re going to be spending a lot of time with someone, you want to know they’re not an asshole, and extra points if they’re entertaining. It makes the music more enjoyable for everyone involved.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fuck FedEx right in the ass. They "lost" my amp. It was scanned into the warehouse in Hutchins, TX  twelve days ago and now they say they have no idea where it is. "Sometimes things disappear from our warehouses." Do you mean sometimes your employees steal shit? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Fuck FedEx right in the ass. They "lost" my amp. It was scanned into the warehouse in Hutchins, TX  twelve days ago and now they say they have no idea where it is. "Sometimes things disappear from our warehouses." Do you mean sometimes your employees steal shit? 

Reminder: Start shopping pawn shops in Hutchins.

I love that. However, before you spend 900 on that check out mojotone. You can design any type cab you want and load it with whatever speakers you want. Very well built and probably half the price. I have 2 2/12s from them and they are fantastic.

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Damn deej that blows. What amp was it again?

It was just a little 1-watt Marshall head. 

You can't keep Sweetwater from trying to contact you until shit like this happens. FedEx tells me the shipper needs to file a claim. Call and email my rep 5 hours ago to let him know and to figure out how to make me whole on this. 

Crickets. 

43 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I love that. However, before you spend 900 on that check out mojotone. You can design any type cab you want and load it with whatever speakers you want. Very well built and probably half the price. I have 2 2/12s from them and they are fantastic.

Gonna look into this... so I’m basically paying for name with Mesa?

It was just a little 1-watt Marshall head. 
You can't keep Sweetwater from trying to contact you until shit like this happens. FedEx tells me the shipper needs to file a claim. Call and email my rep 5 hours ago to let him know and to figure out how to make me whole on this. 
Crickets. 

SW will make it right. But I’m sure the timing is irritating af.

Fed Ex (non amp nor music) csb anecdote...couple years ago I buy an expensive stainless Breitling watch band....Fed Ex tracking blah blah...never delivers. Reputable Boston dealer returns the dough to my Amex & sends me another no charge. Almost a year later Fed Ex finds and delivers the original. I call the dealer and say guess what...and that I'll send this one back. They reply keep it....

Edited by noharleyyet
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tbone_ said:

No worries. They’ll do it all. I used to use them in a 4x12 cab with a mesa single rectifier head and they smoked. Seriously my favorite 12 I’ve used.

Zillions of reviews online.

I have a single rec and that’s what I’m running for this cab. Love the single rec

On 2/25/2021 at 10:06 PM, Deej said:

Baby stack.

Buddy offered his 1960a 4x12 Marshall cab with two G12T-75's and two Vintage 30's for $300.

I need to clear some space.

20210225_214321.jpg

There's some magic of running a low watt amp or head into a 4x12.  I love what I've heard of guys running their Champs into 4x12s.

For instance

• Hook 'Em 1