These Go to 11 - The Guitar Amp Thread

dcbc

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

are those... coffee stains?

I'm offering good money that it's beer.  And let's be honest, smoke, beer, and other things emanating from touring musicians which get absorbed into speaker cones are one of the reasons old speakers sound monumentally better than a broken-in new speaker, particularly the smoke.  Because smoke is the common denominator additive in about 95% of the speakers that survived the 20th Century.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, dcbc said:

I'm offering good money that it's beer.  And let's be honest, smoke, beer, and other things emanating from touring musicians which get absorbed into speaker cones are one of the reasons old speakers sound monumentally better than a broken-in new speaker, particularly the smoke.  Because smoke is the common denominator additive in about 95% of the speakers that survived the 20th Century.

...otherwise known as the "I don't need to clean my grill" theory of speaker cones. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

...otherwise known as the "I don't need to clean my grill" theory of speaker cones. 

Ain't nobody got time for that.  Turn it on.  Warm it up.  Rock.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2