These Go to 11 - The Guitar Amp Thread

dcbc

Do you have a pic of this set up?  I'm very intrigued.

98 Am Std Strat. Not sure if you can see but those are big frets (6100?). Love having those on there.
30b5038b14388e077f3a09a823592f37.jpg
c9e9ed1c5104e96328e46c4c924b6948.jpg
342e5246d56feb6c3af4a3af58e95ee6.jpg

Amp - you can see the amp guy did away with the tremolo circuit and added a depth and presence control. Can always be undone, but man do they add life to the sound
6fe4836fb3e9dff65237c898827c4122.jpg
32257cfe1aa22cd82870a98fa9dc9750.jpg

Pedals - very simple
ea0ca9114a572d093f1fb83360dee652.jpg

Random cab I use at home
0f95c8b2b9552cd6091f2986fef0b120.jpg
  • Like 2

I book shows from time to time.  I really want to do Ray Wylie as maybe my last show.  I talked to his booking folks and asked to see his rider.  It really doesn't matter if you can cover the fee for the artist if they want to be flown to gig in a private jet, only want truffle M&Ms and shit.  Ray Wylie's rider was totally reasonable but he wanted to be provided two Fender Twins.  That made me scratch my head as every other show I have done they brought their own amps.  Well I have a friend who just collects neat shit and on hunch, I asked if he had a Fender Twin.  Well he did and I asked to borrow it to see what the deal was.  I went to his house to pick it up and almost busted both nut sacks.  Fucker weight 83 lbs.  I can see why RWH wants that to be provided...

23 hours ago, Litig8r said:

I book shows from time to time.  I really want to do Ray Wylie as maybe my last show.  I talked to his booking folks and asked to see his rider.  It really doesn't matter if you can cover the fee for the artist if they want to be flown to gig in a private jet, only want truffle M&Ms and shit.  Ray Wylie's rider was totally reasonable but he wanted to be provided two Fender Twins.  That made me scratch my head as every other show I have done they brought their own amps.  Well I have a friend who just collects neat shit and on hunch, I asked if he had a Fender Twin.  Well he did and I asked to borrow it to see what the deal was.  I went to his house to pick it up and almost busted both nut sacks.  Fucker weight 83 lbs.  I can see why RWH wants that to be provided...

I seem to recall Chuck Berry's rider specified provision of a pair of Dual Showman amps with matching cabinets (along with a baby grand piano, bass, bass player, and pianist). 

• Like 1

Chuck provided only himself and his guitar. There are some fantastic stories from bands that had the displeasure of backing him up.

Not the least of which was Keith Richards in Hail! Hail! Rock n Roll.

I’ll bet Chuck was a son of a bitch to work with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deej said:

Chuck provided only himself and his guitar. There are some fantastic stories from bands that had the displeasure of backing him up.

the Banana Blender Surprise guys did it once in Houston. 

7 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Not the least of which was Keith Richards in Hail! Hail! Rock n Roll.

I’ll bet Chuck was a son of a bitch to work with.

Did a show with a band once covering Run Run Rudolph.  Made sure to do my best to do that reverse bend right after watching him shame Keith over it ad nauseum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scored a VHT Special 12/20 RT head off Reverb today. $329.

These things are supposed to be pretty cool. Can use 6L6, EL34, 6V6, or EL84 tubes. 12 or 20 watts based on the tubes. Hand wired. Supposed to be a real sleeper and great pedal platform.

So excite.

• Like 4

I had the regular Special 6 combo. Ended up selling it. Regretted it and jumped on the Ultra when the opportunity came. We did a test against a Swart, through the same speaker, popping the exact same tubes in each. The difference was negligible for a tenth the cost. That being said, I love that Swart and money not being an object, it wins.

4 hours ago, Deej said:

I had the regular Special 6 combo. Ended up selling it. Regretted it and jumped on the Ultra when the opportunity came. We did a test against a Swart, through the same speaker, popping the exact same tubes in each. The difference was negligible for a tenth the cost. That being said, I love that Swart and money not being an object, it wins.

Which Swart?