These Go to 11 - The Guitar Amp Thread

dcbc

And that automatic tuner On that LP Jr is garbage, no wonder everybody hates it. It does get the guitar in tune, but takes twice as long as if I did myself. In fact, one of the reasons I don't pick it up more is because I don't have the patience to wait for it. Otherwise it's an unbelievably fun guitar to play.

My favorite part of the laborious restringing process on the robotuner is when the battery dies halfway through and I get to take a 2 hour break.

I really like the Tronical tuner otherwise (I passed on buying a 2018 HP recently because homeboy removed the auto-tuner, replaced it with Grovers, but no longer has the robotuner to include. No gracias.) but restringing isn't the reason for the season.

45 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Land and expand.  Long game, this becomes a message board mostly to talk about guitar shit.  Special subforum for drummers.

Yet there's no bass thread yet. Bass players are always late.

For the record, I was just talking about the old school handle thing with a screw in it, not an electronic gizmo. The poors can't afford that shit. But I need to wind fast to get the wind set right.

That’s what I use. And I only recently realized that the little notch on it is used to pull the pegs out for changing acoustic strings.

The Tower of Power is complete.

The Alpha (JTM45) and the Omega (Astoria).  The amp that started it all (and still a wonder) and the amps that contain everything Marshall learned in the intervening 60 years.

20180714_203512.jpg?dl=0

I added a THD Hot Plate to the Twin Reverb, too, because I don't play in a stadium.  (The Twin and the Fenders on the right are spaced out a bit more since this photo.)

20180714_202820.jpg?dl=0

I'm running out of room, fam.

the last thing on my list is to move the Super Champ into my son's room, and replace it with a Deluxe of some flavor.  Turns out Sweetwater had some Stage 2 Rivera models made of the Custom Deluxe but are currently and indefinitely unavailable.  They come up from time to time on Reverb, but at collector pricing.  It'd be nice to cap the collection off with something like that. Otherwise, maybe an Alessandro or even a stock Custom. It probably depends on how good a deal I find on one or the other the quickest.

Then I'm done!

Maybe.

Edited by BoomMF
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, BoomMF said:

The Tower of Power is complete.

The Alpha (JTM45) and the Omega (Astoria).  The amp that started it all (and still a wonder) and the amps that contain everything Marshall learned in the intervening 60 years.

20180714_203512.jpg?dl=0

I added a THD Hot Plate to the Twin Reverb, too, because I don't play in a stadium.  (The Twin and the Fenders on the right are spaced out a bit more since this photo.)

20180714_202820.jpg?dl=0

I'm running out of room, fam.

the last thing on my list is to move the Super Champ into my son's room, and replace it with a Deluxe of some flavor.  Turns out Sweetwater had some Stage 2 Rivera models made of the Custom Deluxe but are currently and indefinitely unavailable.  They come up from time to time on Reverb, but at collector pricing.  It'd be nice to cap the collection off with something like that. Otherwise, maybe an Alessandro or even a stock Custom. It probably depends on how good a deal I find on one or the other the quickest.

Then I'm done!

Maybe.

When the floor caves in and crushes whoever is on the first floor, it's going to be metal af \m/

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BoomMF said:

South Austin Guitar Center has a Princeton RI for $500 and a Princeton Custom for $600.  That RI is a killer deal.

Where are these reissues made?

They aren't on the website. Either somebody snapped them up, or they haven't been listed yet.

Edited by DougO

My buddy found an extension cab with a 12" Celestion Creamback for $95 on Craigslist. I'm thinking either get the cabinet re-covered in something cool or build a new one entirely. It's just particleboard or cheap plywood. $95 was an ok deal for just the speaker tho. 

r0xt5WdY_o.jpg

b1CYHCfk_o.jpg

• Like 2