These Go to 11 - The Guitar Amp Thread

dcbc

@TexasEd It's a Blues Deluxe, which is great when it's allowed to cook. A very different animal from any other amp in the collection. Not really "Fender clean" anywhere on the dial and gets raunchy quick.

The new Blues Jr IV (it's a proper upgraded tonal circuit over the III) is probably what you're looking for. But a deal on a used III would do you well, too. And the III is a bona fide, proven gigging champ that is just as at home at home.

Edited by BoomMF

An old acquaintance had a pair of Blues Deluxe amps.  He let me take one home under the auspices that he'd sell it to me if I liked it. Didn't take me long to say yes, and then he got cold feet. Fuck that guy.

Houses I want to go to:

Boom

tbone

AUTF

So I have to say, as far as the Katana is concerned, I like clean/crunch sounds much better than the lead/brown sounds. Anything high gain sounds really artificial to me.

Granted I live in the burbs with no basement and I can't really lay into it. But so far I'm just playing mellower stuff through it.

An old acquaintance had a pair of Blues Deluxe amps.  He let me take one home under the auspices that he'd sell it to me if I liked it. Didn't take me long to say yes, and then he got cold feet. Fuck that guy.
Houses I want to go to:
Boom
tbone
AUTF

I have a pool. And a pond.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the board for the music association where I live. We're brand new and trying to get off the ground. One of the things I'm working on is a kids camp.. where we intro kids to music and instruments and let them get their feet wet. I'm looking for equipment. Cheap guitars and small amps. If anyone has something they would like to donate we'd appreciate it immensely.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

They’re heeeeeerre. New Princeton and extension cab.

4a96f35e0013d5ddac801893ee2cea5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waza, Waza everywhere. (A little literary humor because I'm well read as fuck.)

Killer setup, man.  Do you need to borrow my ruler to line the pedals up?  DM me.

Edited by BoomMF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

Waza, Waza everywhere. (A little literary humor because I'm well read as fuck.)

Killer setup, man.  Do you need to borrow my ruler to line the pedals up?  DM me.

I have been experimenting so much, I havent had time to tighten it all up. I even have like 10 George L cable jacks, which would make this shit clean is fuck. Also, my ISO brick is usually under the board.. Al I need to do is decide on a final arrangement. 

On 8/4/2018 at 5:35 PM, noharleyyet said:

New Amp Day....humped the twin across town and did some horse trading.

1696RTH & 1790C Cab...the 335 approves

43132746234_db55f4ae92_z.jpg12  

I really dig that amp, but they have really strayed from the purpose of the Black Magick.  Not that I'm complaining. I wish someone would release an amp that replicates Page's modified Hiwatt from the Royal Albert Hall concert.

Edited by Deej

On 8/4/2018 at 3:48 PM, Grandioso said:

They’re heeeeeerre. New Princeton and extension cab.

4a96f35e0013d5ddac801893ee2cea5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic.  What cab it that?  And I think I'm about to order that Waza Chorus.  My little duo is going to do some Pretenders and that should be perfect.  

6 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Fantastic.  What cab it that?  And I think I'm about to order that Waza Chorus.  My little duo is going to do some Pretenders and that should be perfect.  

The cab is just some POS from god knows when. But the owner put a Celestion Creamback in it. 

Edited by Grandioso

• 2 weeks later...

A little impromptu family photo.  Some have been posted before, but this is what I have whittled it down to over the last thirty years.  No fancy music room since the kids were born. 

CCHS7_YGVb_UFSPIJKq_Axy_WTVGDi9aeh_3zlb_

1.  1973 Deluxe Reverb with a 1968 Jensen C12N.  Blackfaced by David Allen.  My desert island amp.

2.  Victoria 45410 (Bassman 5f6-A).  Replaced Emi Legends with a quad of Weber 10A125 (20 watt) speakers.  Close Second.

3.  Magic 5e3 Deluxe

4.  Clark Penrose (5f4 Super)

5.  Fender Twin (5e8a - Low Power Tweed Twin)

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

If I run this into that Magic and dime the amp, will I sound like Neil?

mxr-m118-analog-delay-vintage-606953.jpg

I'm not sure if you need any pedals to sound like Neil with the Magic.  More often than not, I run it with a telecaster into the Bright channel, with the Bright on 5, the Normal on about 9, and the Tone around 8.  After 3 on the Volume knob of the channel you're using, it's very distorted and compressed.  Running the volume up just makes it more compressed.

This is the video that sold me on it.  The amp builder is playing guitar.  He runs through Cinnamon Girl when he switches to the LP about half way through.  Only difference between mine and the one in the video is a Weber 12A125 in mine and a Celestion Blue in the video.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Rockin Robin the other day to get some patch cables. Y'all may remember me posting about this in May, but this fucker still hasn't been sold. Price is still $2,199 so it may not be a used amp. You can get one new for $1,999 from Humbucker Music in different colors. I'd go make an offer of $2,000 on this monster if I needed a new amp. 

PZDOfaTQ_o.jpg