Best Things You Bought During The Pandemic

Superhero

Well?

Orthopedic house shoes. Comfortable as hell. Helped me when I felt plantar fasciitis coming on.

image.png.5c2488cc5b8887763d3eda6033c1a88a.png

Sony noise cancelling earphones. When you gotta work with the kids running around the house.

image.png.088f5b544a7fb80cdb1e6731c886b640.png

WaterRower Natural. Got me working out when my left knee said good luck dude, I'm not running with you anymore..

image.png.e9254eff6642ea9b47397490a215789a.png

Edited by Superhero
  • Hook 'Em 4

My budget was blown on home improvement stuff so I didn't buy many toys, but getting a couple 27" monitors in late March for my "temporary" office turned out to be a lifesaver.

Oh, and convincing a buddy of mine he deserved to upgrade his OLED TV and that I'd give it a good home on my patio that he could visit anytime worked out well.

Buddy of mine who owns a fencing company gave me a bunch of old fence panels.   I built about 10 raised bed planters (sold several of them ) and started my first real garden.  On thanksgiving Sunday, I harvested and vacuum packed almost 60 bell peppers (after I had gotten at least that many over the summer).  Was so fun to build, plant and harvest a garden in my first true attempt.  My grandad had a nearly 2 acre garden that fed his family year round as well as supplied bartering for  his milk, newspaper, auto maintenance, and other things.   

• Hook 'Em 7

22 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Buddy of mine who owns a fencing company gave me a bunch of old fence panels.   I built about 10 raised bed planters (sold several of them ) and started my first real garden.  On thanksgiving Sunday, I harvested and vacuum packed almost 60 bell peppers (after I had gotten at least that many over the summer).  Was so fun to build, plant and harvest a garden in my first true attempt.  My grandad had a nearly 2 acre garden that fed his family year round as well as supplied bartering for  his milk, newspaper, auto maintenance, and other things.   

Can you post some pics of this?

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Can you post some pics of this?

I’ll post some.   Keep in mind that I decided to make all of these solely out of the wood on hand.  Bought no other boards, and even repurposed many of the nails/screws.  They’re not beautiful, but they work.   4 of them are in the back.   I gave 2 to my mom & M-I-L, and sold a few others.   

81B12396-4217-4D40-A1AD-657DD33E2DA8.jpeg

9DC89796-A02D-4718-9275-49F84CD2F72E.jpeg

DEA30355-1614-451A-A27F-E0866DA01CA8.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Impressive you located all those weights given how hard to find they were last year 

Had some of the smaller plates (2.5, 5, 10, 25) already. Rest was done over time, and augmented by borrowing some plates and a bar from our office gym (which was closed down for most of the time). Now have acquired enough not to need them.

Edited by SurlyORama

12 minutes ago, SurlyORama said:

Had some of the smaller plates (2.5, 5, 10, 25) already. Rest was done over time, and augmented by borrowing some plates and a bar from our office gym (which was closed down for most of the time). Now have acquired enough not to need them.

Haha nice I did the same thing and now have a franken-set of plates that I found thru various outlets like Amazon, a local fitness store, and Walmart.com. Not sure when I'm going to return to the gym even with the vax