Help me find my scammer

dad

Long story short I pay this guy for some furniture as he's loading his apt into a Uhaul on his way to Oklahoma as he's moving out of his apartment in Texas. On the way out he takes off on me with the furniture and money. I track him down to a rental in Oklahoma b/c a buddy of mine is a lawyer and has access to run background reports. Well by the time he attempts to get served a few months later they say he's moved out of state. Now my lawyer buddy doesn't have access to running a new bg report because he's starting his own firm right now. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or have the ability to run a new report for a fellow shaggster? It's not about the money its about the principal so I don't mind paying yet again another Sherriff to try to serve him. He's a total POS and I want this on his record. Thanks!

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't see anything crazy about buying some furniture from someone who is moving out when I'm physically there helping him load it. I didn't think anyone had the balls to then say he's following me home and then he takes off in the UHaul knowing i'm not going to chase his ass all the way to Oklahoma. I assumed he was taking an alternate route per his GPS b/c there are multiple routes to my home.

3 minutes ago, dad said:

I don't see anything crazy about buying some furniture from someone who is moving out when I'm physically there helping him load it. I didn't think anyone had the balls to then say he's following me home and then he takes off in the UHaul knowing i'm not going to chase his ass all the way to Oklahoma. I assumed he was taking an alternate route per his GPS b/c there are multiple routes to my home.

That's not something dads would do. Maybe you are dyslexic, though, and got your username wrong.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That's not something dads would do. Maybe you are dyslexic, though, and got your username wrong.

I don't know. Buying some used furniture instead of paying full price for marked up furniture totally sounds like something dads would do haha. Dads have to do things like this because kids are expensive!

25 minutes ago, dad said:

I don't see anything crazy about buying some furniture from someone who is moving out when I'm physically there helping him load it.

OP: I moved your furniture and gave you meth money for Oklahoma!

Okie: Sorry for partying.

The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Cat GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 5

It's even worse than that but I don't want to add and admit to my humiliation lmao.

Just now, F250 said:

OP: I moved your furniture and gave you meth money for Oklahoma!

Okie: Sorry for partying.

The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Cat GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, dad said:

It's even worse than that but I don't want to add and admit to my humiliation lmao.

But that is your first step towards recovery. You'll never learn if you don't tell us your mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

But that is your first step towards recovery. You'll never learn if you don't tell us your mistakes.

If I told you the whole story this will turn into a shaggy classic where I'm front and center for roasting. It's such a crazy story that Judge Mathis called me to ask me if I was interested in being on the show for it lol. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dad said:

If I told you the whole story this will turn into a shaggy classic where I'm front and center for roasting. It's such a crazy story that Judge Mathis called me to ask me if I was interested in being on the show for it lol. 

No, I promise we will keep it civilized. I think it is the only way we will be able to help you track down this dastard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

No, I promise we will keep it civilized. I think it is the only way we will be able to help you track down this dastard.

If someone with any gotdamn abilities or detective work can help me track down this bastard's address so I can serve him sure I'll step up to the podium and share the intimate details of how this Boomer fuckhead scammed me. I mean I was willing to do it on Mathis, it just didn't happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, dad said:

If someone with any gotdamn abilities or detective work can help me track down this bastard's address so I can serve him sure I'll step up to the podium and share the intimate details of how this Boomer fuckhead scammed me. I mean I was willing to do it on Mathis, it just didn't happen.

Someone help this man out!

40 minutes ago, dad said:

If you provide me his name, I can look him up on LinkedIn for you. Do you know if he's an executive for a Fortune 500 company or not?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, dad said:

Does the rest of the story involve penis?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dad said:

I think you've got the order of how things are going to happen wrong...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Surely one of the shaggy 1%rs here can just wave their hand and have their assistant run a check on this guy.

His name and details:

Spoiler

His name is John Logue DOB 12/11/1968. Alias John Slaton Logue or John Seaton Logue. Criminal record felony theft of firearm. Last known employer Stericycle. Last known address where I tried to serve him 1316 E OAK ST, CUSHING, OK 74023. Previously before that 13861 RACEWAY DR APT 1926, NORTHLAKE, TX. His previous landlord is his ex g/f Lori Renee Candler. I haven't bothered to call her to try to get a forwarding address, assuming she has allegiance to this scum. He drives an 05 Harley Davidson and a white 2013 Ford F150. I have the names of all possible relatives. 

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Let's start here:

Yeah I might as well call her and ask. I have already called her (at her place of employment, a local school as an admin) a few months ago to confirm that he was her tenant but I didn't explain why I was looking for him. Then he called me back enraged threatening me because I was "following him around" and calling his ex g/f. I didn't even smear his name she has no idea what he did. But now... it might be time to at least try that. She may sympathize and cooperate who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

What's your end goal here?  Because you're not getting your money or the furniture at this point.  Do you really want to have a judgment against a guy that is judgment proof?

Time to write this one off.  And post pics of the ex GF.

Primarily to be a pain in the ass and add something to his record. Recovering the money would be a bonus. This is just the legal recourse. Once all attempts are exhausted that are plenty of other ways I can be a real pain in the ass but I won't broach what that entails here for legal reasons.

2 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

So this saga has been going on for months.......

And, you basically paid someone for the privilege of helping them move and load their shit.  That's a new one.  Please tell me you rented the Uhaul for him as well.

Yeah months, I was finishing up grad school so didn't feel like pursing getting him served at the time so the small claims sat there for a bit. Gave him time to find a new rental. Yes yes that's part of the story and why I'm upset. I also bought other stuff from him before hand that he didn't take in which I made money so net I came out on top but he did still change his mind on the furniture at some point and decided to just take off with the money. He had sellers remorse for all the stuff he had sold me already up until then. When he called me to threaten me he said he did it because I ripped him off of the other stuff he sold me so I deserved it lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

That's not how this works.  How can a customer rip someone off if the seller agreed to the transaction?

EXACTLY. I even have the pictures of the prices he wanted written down on a piece of paper on his desk. I have so much proof of his shenanigans that a judge would be excited to bring the hammer down on him in two seconds. He was just grasping at straws to try to justify what he did. End of the day he had sellers remorse and figured he could get away with it. 

7 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

My serious answer to your question is this - just pray for the guy, he's obviously got some kind of spiritual sickness.  Pray for him and then go find something worthwhile to do.

Holding on to a resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die.

Quiet you.  I say go scorched earth.  For our entertainment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

My serious answer to your question is this - just pray for the guy, he's obviously got some kind of spiritual sickness.  Pray for him and then go find something worthwhile to do.

Holding on to a resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die.

No you're right, BUT IMO if you keep turning the other cheek every time someone takes advantage of you then you are going to keep getting taken advantage of. Now of course me looking to bring this guy down a notch isn't going to mean that the next time someone tries to take advantage of me I'll have some kind of protection against it. It's more of a feeling I have that this will "make things more right" and I get to fight back a little.

The ironic thing in your response is that the guy seemed very religious. He had all kinds of religious things in his house. He seemed like a nice guy all around so it was very shocking when he pulled this. 

20 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I can find him for you.  Have him arrested and email you the mugshots 30 minutes after booking.  $750

Need the cash upfront.  I’ll dm you my venmo 

Ok but only if I physically give you the cash because there's no way you could scam me when I'm right there with you... wait.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Sounds like you have already filed the case and are just trying to serve him with citation.  You might get an order for substituted service.  Do you have an email or social media info for the guy?  New Texas rules have added the ability to use email, social media, or other technology as substituted service.

59 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Sounds like you have already filed the case and are just trying to serve him with citation.  You might get an order for substituted service.  Do you have an email or social media info for the guy?  New Texas rules have added the ability to use email, social media, or other technology as substituted service.

Yes exactly. The BG report contained several of his emails. I did find his Facebook profile. I have his cell phone ( I don't know why a text with a link wouldn't suffice but that's too futuristic ). I will contact my courts tomorrow to ask about this option thanks!

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Who let this guy in here?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dad said:

No you're right, BUT IMO if you keep turning the other cheek every time someone takes advantage of you then you are going to keep getting taken advantage of. Now of course me looking to bring this guy down a notch isn't going to mean that the next time someone tries to take advantage of me I'll have some kind of protection against it. It's more of a feeling I have that this will "make things more right" and I get to fight back a little.

The ironic thing in your response is that the guy seemed very religious. He had all kinds of religious things in his house. He seemed like a nice guy all around so it was very shocking when he pulled this. 

The key is not putting yourself in situations where you can be screwed.  That's why I have a highly attenuated bullshit meter.

I've found myself drunk with righteous anger on many occasions, and found it to be an unproductive emotion.

You're right about religious people.  My MIL owns a car repair franchise and her 2 least favorite customers are family and her pastor.  In fact the pastor at a local church sued her for mid 6 figures recently.  She fretted because the guy never gave her notice that something was wrong until she was served with a subpoena.

Her insurance company's lawyer told the reverend and his lawyer to go get fucked, I think they settled for less than 5K.

@HighPlainsDrifterBack when the Briles regime was raping and kicking Horns ass I showed up drunk to troll SkipperJ, then I got sober and 11 years has passed and I'm still here.  I'm a kinder, gentler version of a real asshole.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I once convinced a West Campus tow truck driver to put my car down and follow me to C-mart so I could get some cash to bribe him top for not towing me.  Gave him the slip and it felt good, so this hits close to home.  You are also the tow truck driver in that story.

Said tow truck driver held on to that anger for many years, then finally took it out on unsuspecting drivers up and down I-35.

and-now-you-know-the-rest-of-the-story.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2