Army Drill Sgt. and his cunt wife hassle an innocent black guy

Gil Bang

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he's dishonorably discharged, nope.  Even a general discharge is probably frowned upon. And if he somehow got an honorable, and you were a city hiring cops, a guy like that screams "I'M GOING TO COST THE CITY MILLIONS IN LAWSUITS IN A VERY SHORT TIME!" as well as "I'M GOING TO MAKE THE POLICE CHIEF AND MAYOR ANSWER UNCOMFORTABLE QUESTIONS IN FRONT OF THE MEDIA!"

And that brings up something else - even though it wasn't on a base, and didn't involved another soldier, he is in far more trouble with the Army for what happened in that video, than many cops who abuse the shit out of their authority would be.

And thankfully, he doesn't have a union who is going to fight tooth and nail to get him reinstated.

If the last four years have taught me anything, it is that norms and rules no longer matter to a large portion of the population.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

This is what happens when you get government checks, government pensions, government housing, and mandated respect to unimpressive high school grads who think they are better than those who actually need it /CR

We cant dare speak like this right? We are taught not to dare speak like this about the military, StassneyHorn. 

Welp here's where 50% of my taxes go every year. I deleted the rest of my post.

discretionary_budget_pie_-logo.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

My heart started racing during that video.  D is a better man than me; I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool. 

How many times have we seen interviews about black parents/grandparents teaching their kids how to interact with cops or abusive assholes like this?  How many generations?    More than I can count.  I would guess part of those lectures is to stay cool and not react militantly.  To avoid eye contact.  

I'd lose my shit too if that guy came after me.  But then being white, my parents never had to give me those talks.   It's just sad there's a need for them at all.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

wow. i'm gonna guess that Sgt. Pentland was not anticipating that response when he started trying to intimidate that kid lol

That racist white trash piece of shit is absolutely certain that he’s the real victim here and can’t wait to vote again for Donald Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Part of the problem, imo, is that there are too many ex-military in the civilian police force. At worst, and all too often, they view the public as the enemy. 

Unfortunately, everybody should know and realize that as it currently stands the police are NOT there to help you. They are para-military hacks who view us civilians as the problem/enemy. 

I don't think it's just the ex-military cops who view the public as the enemy. The non-vet cops are plenty good at instilling that mentality all on their own. Have any of these high-profile shootings been committed by a real veteran, as opposed to a stateside reservist like Chauvin? Or a fuck-up who washed out of basic or otherwise didn't fulfill the term of their enlistment? 

I don't think so; I would assume that if one of these murdering cops was a vet we'd never hear the end of it from the media.

Some studies have indicated that in some cities, veterans fire their weapons more often, but IMO those studies lack context. I have a hunch that veterans, especially combat veterans, get assigned to the worst precincts in every jurisdiction. And this story jacks with what few statistics it has so badly it makes it seem like this is a total non-issue:

Though veterans comprise just 6 percent of the US population, veterans now working in law enforcement number 19 percent of the total force. Their disproportionate representation is due, in part, to preferential hiring requirements, mandated by state or federal law. In addition, under the Obama administration, the Department of Justice provided local police departments with tens of millions of dollars to fund veterans-only positions.

As noted by the Marshall Project in its 2017 report, “When Warriors Put On the Badge,” this combination of hiring preferences and special funding has made it harder to “build police forces that resemble and understand diverse communities.” The beneficiaries have been disproportionately white, because 60 percent of all enlisted men and women are not people of color.

Um, so the beneficiaries are disproportionately white, because the people who earned those benefits are (slightly) disproportionately white? And that 60-40 white/minority split pretty much exactly mirrors that of America as a whole.

Am I missing something here?

And there's more:

Veterans of, course, got high marks for their physical fitness, weapons-handling experience, habituation to discipline, and leadership qualities. Yet the report notes that some had trouble “readjusting to receiving rather than giving orders, trusting others, and changing the rules of engagement.” According to 14 percent of chiefs surveyed, more citizen complaints are reported against veteran officers than other officers, 28 percent reported psychological issues, and 10 percent saw excessive violence.

So 86 percent of police chiefs reported fewer or the same number of complaints against veteran officers; 72 percent did not report psych issues, and nine out of ten did not report excessive violence. 

That....that is remarkably bad journalism. At least it's truthful; I mean, they ran the stats they had, but all of them are exactly counter to the point the authors of this story are trying to make.

Lastly, this is sort of anecdotal, but here is an example of a combat veteran who was fired for not shooting a suspect who turned out to be unarmed. (His buddies arrived on the scene and killed him anyway; it was a suicide by cop deal, but the first cop might have been on the verge of talking the dude down.)

I am not a veteran. My son is, and I got to observe the military up close for a few years and learned as much as I could about it. As @atomheartbevo has pointed out, they have an entirely different set of rules. If you fuck up in the military, sometimes even if it's an honest mistake, there will be consequences, and they could be very severe, up to and including dismissal with loss of pension, even if your retirement party is that weekend. And there us no union to bail you out, ever. I wish we would militarize the way the police operated -- force on them a uniform code of law enforcement justice -- and de-militarize them with regards to their toys and training and belief they are an army of occupation. 

Sorry for the derail -- this dude in question is undeniably a shitbag. 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

As somebody who did constituent relations for several MOC, and I say this as gently as possible, you will not find a more entitled person than members of the military and vets.  Everything, despite being subsidized or free, should be more subsidized or free-er. And a closer drive.  

That doesn’t mean the VA heath system isn’t fucked up, or the pentagon isn’t a huge wasteful mess, but vets have zero understanding of how much better, in relative terms, they have it than virtually every other member of their socio-economic group.  

The only thing that is comparable are cash crop farmers.  Our bold independent entrepreneurs who literally couldn’t financially survive 6 weeks if it wasn’t for dozens of federal support and insurance programs. 

I must say, I've always respected those who have been through combat.  I haven't, don't know what it's like, have no idea how much it can fuck one up; I respect their sacrifices.  But, 30 years strait of "thanking" troops for their service and acting like they can do little wrong, has taken its toll.  I'm burned out on military combat veteran worship.  It's not their fault, necessarily, it's more of a function of damn near 30 years straight of active wars. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 1

Okay, I was harsh on the guy's wife.  But I'm guessing she helps foster his attitude in some way.  

This guy's not gonna be able to beat his inevitable Dishonorable Discharge.  Time was you could explain your side of it, over the desk of a potential employer, and they'd take you at your word and give you the benefit of the doubt.  But this guy has no way out.  Any company who googles his name will see this and know why he received a DD.  The U.S. Military has a hard enough time recruiting people of color these days without shitheads like this.  I get the feeling he's going to be made an example of, and for good reason.  

I'm guessing by his age and rank, he left for awhile, couldn't hack it based on his challenged brain, and re-enlisted.  But he could have easily been tracking for Master Sergeant in a few years.  But now he has, "And he worked odd jobs for the rest of his life..." written all over him. 

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I must say, I've always respected those who have been through combat.  I haven't, don't know what it's like, have no idea how much it can fuck one up; I respect their sacrifices.  But, 30 years strait of "thanking" troops for their service and acting like they can do little wrong, has taken its toll.  I'm burned out on military combat veteran worship.  It's not their fault, necessarily, it's more of a function of damn near 30 years straight of active wars. 

And to be clear, our country should do everything possible for our battle damaged combat vets.

But listening to a career enlisted vet who worked motorpool bitch about tricare will push you to the limit of empathy.  Or a retired officer whose working that sweet double dip gig.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

My late FIL, served in Korea, thought that with service members making up 10% (don't know how accurate that number is at the moment) of the populace, that we, the public, had lost some of the collective knowledge of military life in general and thus were prone to either dismissing or mythologizing various aspects depending upon our point of view.

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Biggest welfare program we have 

One of the biggest triggering truths you can offer to conservatives is this very obvious reality. The military is a welfare/jobs program. Police not far behind that. Both are institutions designed to funnel money and power to white communities.

It is well-known that I detest police, but they actually serve SOME positive functions. The military does basically nothing. It's make-work.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Why is it that these clowns never fuck with the folks that will shoot back?

* Raises hand *

Because that drill sergeant hasn't been in a real fistfight in at least twenty years and he knows he's on the wrong side of 40, and maybe Frank Thomas is wrong about those supplements restoring your masculinity, but a kid half your size isn't gonna call your bluff so it's a risk-free way to defend your beluga wife's honor and earn a halfhearted blowjob while your dick still kinda works?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It is well-known that I detest police, but they actually serve SOME positive functions. The military does basically nothing. It's make-work.

Yeah does nothing but help keep your ignorant ass free to say shit that in other countries would get you a 6 x 6 cell or a bullet to the head. Yeah the military does nothing. 

You typed that, read it, and thought yeah that's accurate, and went ahead and posted it.  Wow.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah does nothing but help keep your ignorant ass free to say shit that in other counters would get you a 6 x 6 cell or a bullet to the head.

Gameplan that out for me.

We cut the military by 3/4ths. Who is taking over the USA and putting me in a cell and shooting me in the head?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah does nothing but help keep your ignorant ass free to say shit that in other counters would get you a 6 x 6 cell or a bullet to the head. Yeah the military does nothing. 

You typed that, read it, and thought yeah that's accurate, and went ahead and posted it.  Wow.

Day America GIF

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The criminal justice system isn't going to have much for SSGT Pentland.  A fine, anger management, maybe even something racial, but probably not in SC.

I'm sure the Army is, though.

Every other SSG that knew this prick just scratched him off the card of "Guys I am competing against for First Sergeant."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Can you tell me who the US military is protecting me from?

Most recently that would be aggrieved trumptards trying to overthrow the seat of government.   Though they were late to the party and some of their former members were on the other side of things. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah does nothing but help keep your ignorant ass free to say shit that in other counters would get you a 6 x 6 cell or a bullet to the head. Yeah the military does nothing. 

The military is a jobs program. It doesn't have much to do with freedom.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Relaxin Jackson

I watched a fat girl strip at Jackson, then woke up in the bus with Kimchee vomit all down my shirt. A day later I shot 40 out of 40 at the range. It was really 39/40, but I missed low and kicked up a rock that knocked down the target. Take that, soulless Communism.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

As somebody who did constituent relations for several MOC, and I say this as gently as possible, you will not find a more entitled person than members of the military and vets.  Everything, despite being subsidized or free, should be more subsidized or free-er. And a closer drive.  

That doesn’t mean the VA heath system isn’t fucked up, or the pentagon isn’t a huge wasteful mess, but vets have zero understanding of how much better, in relative terms, they have it than virtually every other member of their socio-economic group.  

The only thing that is comparable are cash crop farmers.  Our bold independent entrepreneurs who literally couldn’t financially survive 6 weeks if it wasn’t for dozens of federal support and insurance programs. 

Exactly.  The military is generally segregated from the rest of the population.  They bases can be remote so the only other people they interact with are fellow military members.  They have no idea that health care is a big problem for large swaths of America.  Same with job loss and retirement planning, for example.  This is a problem for policy makers as well.  We don't have any interaction with the military nor they with us.  Why not go to war?  Why not buy that expensive weapons system?  

There is a huge disconnect between the military and the rest of society.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Fiiiiiiiine, thank you for your service. Happy now?
(Insert Scene from Curb)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

OK, my fantasy future employment for this dude:

1. He starts a Model Railroad/Hobby shop, and about once a month, he screams at a customer.

2. He starts a We Buy Gold shop, mumbles about the gumment, and once a week, he screams at a customer.

3. He starts a second-tier pizza franchise, mumbles about the gumment, plays country music when a Black person shows up, and screams at customers and teen employees about once a day. The employees don't give a damn because they are stealing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, if these bigwigs are tweeting about this, he’s about to be made an example of.

Ya think?

54cc35aca7798.image.jpg

BG Milford Beagle, Jr, Commanding General of Fort Jackson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

One of the biggest triggering truths you can offer to conservatives is this very obvious reality. The military is a welfare/jobs program. Police not far behind that. Both are institutions designed to funnel money and power to white communities.

Then make them work on fixing roads and bridges so we get our money's worth. 

46 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Um, who is trying to take our freedom away?

I really want to know.  The military is always defending our freedom, but from whom, against what threat?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

OK, my fantasy future employment for this dude:

1. He starts a Model Railroad/Hobby shop, and about once a month, he screams at a customer.

2. He starts a We Buy Gold shop, mumbles about the gumment, and once a week, he screams at a customer.

3. He starts a second-tier pizza franchise, mumbles about the gumment, plays country music when a Black person shows up, and screams at customers and teen employees about once a day. The employees don't give a damn because they are stealing.

4.  Storms the capitol on 1/6/2025 to install Kid Rock as president.

The absolute ignorant, naiveté of members of this board is astounding at times. There are 2 state regimes that would be trying to expand their power, control, and Influence over the globe were it not for American military forces.  There are other non state forces that would attempt to do the same.

PRO TIP:  Stop being willfully ignorant.