Army Drill Sgt. and his cunt wife hassle an innocent black guy

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

You poor bastard. My house is 35-40 ish years old, and its falling apart faster than I can fix it.

15 years ago, I owned a home built in 1926.  People would alway comment that old homes “have so much personality.”  My standard reply was always “Yep, so true. Mine is surly”.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Try finding an electrical socket in an old house.

FWIW, my wife has a Masters of Architecture from UT with a specialty in historic preservation.  She wants no part of an old house.  We had a mid mod once built in 1952 and all she did was worry as I bitched about lack of sockets and closet space.

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

For several years, I made a nice living as an expert witness on construction defect litigation, 95% of it tract residential.  Quality control is, without question, the most important thing.   I did developments where the designs were the same, the subs were the same, but each phase had a different super.  Some were good, some were dogshit.  It's all about the quality control.

As a spotty adolescent I tagged along with my electrician dad in his profitable sideline of fixing shitty wiring that other people did. I'd like to say I learned a lot, but I was mostly interested in perfecting my knife-throwing technique. I do remember him saying "Whatever you do for a living in life, don't do shit work." He also said something about maybe not throwing a knife at a dude's fence.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

FWIW, my wife has a Masters of Architecture from UT with a specialty in historic preservation.  She wants no part of an old house.  We had a mid mod once built in 1952 and all she did was worry as I bitched about lack of sockets and closet space.

Our house was built in 1926.  My daughter's room has one electrical socket.  We still have that solid copper wiring in a cloth sheath in a small portion of our wiring. 

• Rage+1 1

OK, I gotta throw down on house smack. The oldest house we lived in was probably 1850s, the fireplaces were sealed up and replaced with gas heaters. Gas heaters are fun for a 5-year-old to play with. I don't know if the wiring was any good and I can't check now because it burned down decades ago.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Tell me about it.  I have 2 sockets in my living/tv room. I've spent a small Saudi fortune on high end surge protectors to expand my outlet options. That's the other fun thing about old houses:  I love living in a 1400 square foot original wood floor house with 3 other people.  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Builder here, and that's totally incorrect.
I do new construction and also get hired to fix fuck ups.

There are a Lot of shitty builders at every level of price and quality. It makes a big difference. Same as hiring quality architecture, design and engineering.

Sure, there are shitty builders, but let's not pretend that once you hit a certain price point (talking production here, not custom) that they start using different materials or different techniques.  Everything is built the same.  QC is one of the few differences (and yes, it's a big difference).

Walking around the pond next to my house in my little (big) middle class (middle class+ with extra cunty nextdoor) neighborhood and saw someone who doesn't live here (truck with gear parked right there) reel in a bass. Had a nice discussion with my wife about how it was cool that there are fish in the pond and to please never start shit with anyone.

9 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

That's the other fun thing about old houses:  I love living in a 1400 square foot original wood floor house with 3 other people.  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it.

Built in detector for not being Lizzie Bordened as you sleep. That's gold right there.

41 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

as I bitched about lack of sockets and closet space.

I would say closet space is good, but I prefer it if the ones in the bedroom are small because then I keep my wardrobe in check. One of the things we like about our house is that beside the bedroom closet, there is a linen closet for the bedrooms plus a separate one for the master, a pantry closet in the kitchen, and a storage closet (full size) in the laundry. In a house <2000 sq ft, it keeps things tidy and I like tidy. The more space, the more things bought to fill it...

19 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Subdivision and construction talk not going away. 

Meh.  It's Friday, we've established that the army dude in question is a complete piece of shit who fucked around and is going to find out, and we ran off Onboard. You'll listen to me bitch about my under insulated finished attic and like it.....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Meh.  It's Friday, we've established that the army dude in question is a complete piece of shit who fucked around and is going to find out, and we ran off Onboard. You'll listen to me bitch about my under insulated finished attic and like it.....

I just bought a mid mod built in 58 and have possums in my attic. Which I can't even access because the attic is only about 8 inches tall. 

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

what an utterly bizarre evolution on this thread.  had the urban meyer thread and every day of the recruiting thread not come to pass, it would almost be peak surly.

Well, "knob and tube" might be an apt description for SFC and wife.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

And then there was another kind who lived for being a Drill Sergeant. Maybe they saw Full Metal Jacket or an Officer and a Gentleman one too many times. They were insufferable, and thankfully they were (still are?) limited to 2-3 years as a Drill Sergeant.
On a side note, the Drill Sergeant academy is/was at Jackson. 

Coming to a police department near you - ex drill Sergeant!

He will find an accepting home.

So we moved away from making fun of the age and appearance of the racist, asshole wife who can defend herself

and towards making fun of the age and appearance of the inclusive, pleasant DR Horton home that can't defend itself? 

This is what growth looks like Surly...I'm proud of us.  

6 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Can we PLEASE stop bagging on the wife's body?  It's gross and unnecessary.  Her racism and cruelty is plenty of fodder.

Oh fuck your right...

Revised caption-
“Remember that time I put that swastika up my ass and you tongued  it out?”

422ECDDD-B9D6-42E1-B91C-A8F2E526B3B0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

Sure, there are shitty builders, but let's not pretend that once you hit a certain price point (talking production here, not custom) that they start using different materials or different techniques.  Everything is built the same.  QC is one of the few differences (and yes, it's a big difference).
Sure they do. Better engineering, better underlayment and flashings, better grade of shower pan, post tension vs grade beam slab, stick frame versus the cheapest trusses, fortified thinset versus cheap shit, $10 a bag grout versus $30, cheap ass carpet pad versus stain master.

Even production guys like Toll Brothers will do some things well and then do a shitty shower pan to save $200 a house. I redid a whole street of shit ass shower pans in Lakeway. 3/4 million dollar houses built like shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's all related. Sgt Pentland sees his home as his America First! castle. The discussion stopped regarding Sgt Pentland while his outcome was being determined and segued into whether his castle was a "beautiful shell that houses a vile soul and becomes sullied over time. [Or] an outer shell, imperfect as it may be, that houses a beautiful soul, shines with that beauty, radiating it for all who have eyes to see."

*Sara B. Larson, Defy

Bro - do you even chifforobe?

Drill Sargeant was sittin' on the porch, and he come along. Uh, there's this old chifforobe in the yard, and I-I said, 'You come in here, boy, and bust up this chifforobe, and I'll give you a nickel.' So he-he come on in the yard and I go in the house to get him the nickel and I turn around, and 'fore I know it, he's on me, and I fought and hollered, but he had me around the neck, and he hit me again and again, and the next thing I knew, Papa was in the room, a-standin' over me, hollerin', 'Who done it, who done it?'

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Sure they do. Better engineering, better underlayment and flashings, better grade of shower pan, post tension vs grade beam slab, stick frame versus the cheapest trusses, fortified thinset versus cheap shit, $10 a bag grout versus $30, cheap ass carpet pad versus stain master.

Even production guys like Toll Brothers will do some things well and then do a shitty shower pan to save $200 a house. I redid a whole street of shit ass shower pans in Lakeway. 3/4 million dollar houses built like shit.

I think you mean "slab on grade".   Grade beams are something we do out here on hillsides, and it costs a fuckload. 

5 hours ago, bluto said:

As mentioned above, old houses usually = old badass trees, and I’ll add front porches too. Love some beer drinking on the covered front porch on a very popular jogging street.

Someone gets it.  I live at a T-intersection on the main historical street in SM and a street that goes up to a college student apartment complex.  The jogging scenery is very nice.  

• Hook 'Em 1