If You Wonder Why Nothing Changes

Kyle

Looks like she's a grifter.  She sucks.  Also looks like plenty of well-meaning people got suckered into donating money to her.  That sucks.

That's why my family and business have done some homework, and our money and effort have gone to local entities and institutions with an existing mission and track record (and for the record, our largest contributions have been towards education, as we think that's one of the most effective means of helping).  But not all people do that homework, and some of them get snookered.

But as noted above, just because Trump grifted off a purported cancer charity doesn't mean that everyone who contributes to fighting cancer was wrong, or that no progress has been made.  To take the thesis position that OP did was just idiotic, fallacy-ridden trolling.  So, perfectly on-brand.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Looks like she's a grifter.  She sucks.  Also looks like plenty of well-meaning people got suckered into donating money to her.  That sucks.

Based on what? 

I haven't read her book, haven't followed her life story closely, don't know her personally, but from the googling I've done since reading Kyle's idiotic post I think there's a better chance that she's been targeted by bad faith BLM critics who see her as an easy target simply because she is successful. When the right-wing machine goes into sleazy attack mode on the basis of Fox News/Daily Caller "journalism" that intentionally misrepresents the source of her income as improper without any evidence of that claim then I'm inclined to think they're lying. Because they are. 

• Hook 'Em 2

She's wealthy because 

a) she wrote a book. she charges high speaking fees.

b) she's paying herself some outlandish salary from BLM donations.

c) she stole/embezzled from BLM.

If a, good for her. Living the American Dream. Why do y'all hate freedom and capitalism?

if b, how does that salary and her job duties compare to the salary and job duties of the CEO/president/grand-pooh-bah of the Red Cross, or the ASPCA, or Dell's Children Hospital? (I honestly don't gaf). If you think she gets paid too much for her job, then don't donate to BLM.

if c, then the appropriate agency (FBI? I don't know) should investigate, and if malfeasance is found, indict.

OP is a concern troll. The board is better off without him. My only regret is that I didn't get the kill shot.

edit: if the only source of the OP's claim is the Daily Caller, then yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say this is a non-issue, designed to get the idiots like OP riled up.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
Kyle's mom
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

That's why my family and business have done some homework, and our money and effort have gone to local entities and institutions with an existing mission and track record (and for the record, our largest contributions have been towards education, as we think that's one of the most effective means of helping).  But not all people do that homework, and some of them get snookered.

But as noted above, just because Trump grifted off a purported cancer charity doesn't mean that everyone who contributes to fighting cancer was wrong, or that no progress has been made.  To take the thesis position that OP did was just idiotic, fallacy-ridden trolling.  So, perfectly on-brand.

Assuming the 191k annual consulting fee is accurate, that's a bit of a grift but certainly low on the outrage scale given the current oeuvre.

Hell, it's a small enough grift that it's actually possible that it was somehow earned or close to it.

That is a mostly separate issue from other sources of income.  Even if 191k is a pure-dee Ivanka Trump slush fund payment, it's not enough to fund an LA real estate spree, by a long shot.

In any event, you're spot-on that it's probably not a charity you want to donate to for maximum effect per donated dollar.

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What does this word salad even mean?

He's saying the OP and his ilk aren't criticizing the BLM lady because they're sincerely anti grift, rather they're simply exploiting any negative info they can find to diminish the greater movement for racial equality. 

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Assuming the 191k annual consulting fee is accurate, that's a bit of a grift but certainly low on the outrage scale given the current oeuvre.

Hell, it's a small enough grift that it's actually possible that it was somehow earned or close to it.

That is a mostly separate issue from other sources of income.  Even if 191k is a pure-dee Ivanka Trump slush fund payment, it's not enough to fund an LA real estate spree, by a long shot.

In any event, you're spot-on that it's probably not a charity you want to donate to for maximum effect per donated dollar.

meh. Executive directors at big non-profits make pretty good money. I'd imagine the COLA for living in Southern California adds a decent premium for real estate prices. 

For example, per Google the CEO of the American Red Cross makes over $600K. The Exec Director of the LA County office makes $153K. There are 14 people working for the Wounded Warrior Project making more that $200K annually. And so on and so forth. There's also probably a hazard pay component to representing an organization 40% of American thinks is public enemy #1 as well. 

• Hook 'Em 3

meh. Executive directors at big non-profits make pretty good money. I'd imagine the COLA for living in Southern California adds a decent premium for real estate prices. 
For example, per Google the CEO of the American Red Cross makes over $600K. The Exec Director of the LA County office makes $153K. There are 14 people working for the Wounded Warrior Project making more that $200K annually. And so on and so forth. There's also probably a hazard pay component to representing an organization 40% of American thinks is public enemy #1 as well. 

Well, 90% of those “Wounded Warrior” charities are flat-out scams, grifting most of the money and spending pennies on actual charity, so....yeah.

So are most of the PACs you donate to as well (and I truly mean both sides....although the conservative ones do tend to take it up a notch). National, local, doesn’t matter.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

it's weird, because frogstyle started out as such a great poster. she started out as lauren1996, and went through several usernames over time. 

but yeah, she went sort of insane after the oil boom. she was in the oil patch and posted frequently about that. then she went full south african and started posted about "the bleks." 

it was a weird character arc.

Frogstyle was from hornfans right? He or she was a great poster for awhile. Man that was a long time ago.

14 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

wow, this was an interesting thread.  and I learned that one dude wasn't a Navy SEAL after all.  

shooting star GIF

Pro tip...if anyone actually tells you they were a SEAL...they were almost certainly not.  99% of those guys never say shit outside of ‘my time in the navy’ stories.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Frogstyle was from hornfans right? He or she was a great poster for awhile. Man that was a long time ago.

Frogstyle, or a variant, posted very much like a dude and, IIRC, was the source of some of the more hilariously outrageous 3:16 posts.

I had thought frogstyle was mini-baller's spouse.

Also, IIRC, mini-baller had a kid and became a stay-at-home mom, which is probably enough to drive someone over the cliff.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Pro tip...if anyone actually tells you they were a SEAL...they were almost certainly not.  99% of those guys never say shit outside of ‘my time in the navy’ stories.  

Yeah, I thought I recalled someone else on the board mentioning it so not sure I read it from him or not.  My memory is freaking horrible though about things like that.  He should have hung out with the dude who got fake cancer.  Or maybe that was him, too?

And why anyone with a triple-digit IQ (and not monetizing "social justice") just laughs at the emotional white people crying for "social justice." You stupid fucks are being hussled ... and you deserve it.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/14/blm-leader-defends-buying-1-4m-los-angeles-home/

Patrisse Khan-Cullors, the self-described Marxist leader of Black Lives Matter, raked in upwards of $20,000 a month as the chairwoman of a jail reform initiative, according to reports on Wednesday.

Reform LA Jails paid Cullors’ consulting firm, Janaya and Patrisse Consulting, a total of $191,000 in 2019, according to campaign finance data cited by Fox News and The Daily Caller. 

Cullors, who is listed as “principal officer” and “business owner” on the payments, started the firm with her spouse and BLM co-founder Janaya Khan.

The reports came as the 37-year-old activist faced criticism over a real estate spending spree — in which she snagged four high-end homes for $3.2 million in the US alone.

Cullors, who recently bought a $1.4 million home in an exclusive LA neighborhood where the vast majority of residents are white, pushed back in a lengthy post on Instagram.

“This movement began as, and will always remain, a love letter to black people. Three words: Black Lives Matter, serve as a reminder to Black people that we are human and deserve to live vibrant and full lives,” she wrote on Instagram.

“I’ve worked multiple jobs across many organizations my entire life. I’m also a published author, writer, producer, professor, public speaker, and performance artist. I love my work in all of these areas and I work hard to provide for my family,” she continued.

48857f84276354526514cb45ccac9e8b.jpg

That’s just the way it is. Minnie-baller never gonna change....
  • Haha 1

There's not a single demographic on earth with a bigger disparity between how they view themselves and how they actually come across than Trumpers. It's truly fascinating.

Kyle truly thinks he just owned all of us. Like, a total beatdown. And there's nothing anyone can say to convince him otherwise as he basks in his supreme alphaness.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And this is coming from an AGGIE.

Really set myself up for that one. To be fair, the Venn diagram of the two groups is a near complete overlap.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Might not be a grift at all for a national org like that. We pay EDs nearly that much for the best orgs in Austin who don’t have a nations reach. $200k for executive leadership of a national powerhouse social change org is not unreasonable. You’d likely have to be above $250k before you even start thinking that IMO.