Chicago cops murder 13 year old point blank

Message Board User

On 4/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, Brisketexan said:

I'm interested in hearing more about the prosecutor's statements made at the time, that he "had a gun."  Yes, it appears he had one before, but he tossed it, and did not have it when he was shot....with his hands up, as the officer commanded.  I'm interested to know on what basis the prosecutor made the initial statements.

33d3f8d0-8e6b-4383-9962-c4a660d90992_tex

On 4/15/2021 at 5:13 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d like to see the cops go without access to bullets for the remainder of my life.  Yes, a few cops may die but it’s better than this shit. 

I have not read anything on this thread, so apologies if this has been asked, but why isn't the rule for cops "do not fire unless fired upon" like in Top Gun?  Cops have bullet proof vests.  They know when they become cops that it's dangerous.  If they aren't willing to wait for someone else to fire a gun at them first, they shouldn't be cops.

Edited by Biff Tannen

23 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Watch the video in post #17 in real time, it appears to be less than a second between his dropping the gun and the officer firing.  It looks like he drops the gun on his right side, away from the officer and probably out of his view, and then turns while raising his hands.  It's easy to see how in a literal split second heat of the moment the officer could have missed seeing the gun dropped, and logically assumed he was raising the pistol while he turned.

Real people aren't as perfect as the Backseat Driving Bernards.

More context, especially 1:17 and 1:42+:

why is the gun on the opposite side of the fence ?

I have not read anything on this thread, so apologies if this has been asked, but why isn't the rule for cops "do not fire unless fired upon" like in Top Gun?  Cops have bullet proof vests.  They know when they become cops that it's dangerous.  If they aren't willing to wait for someone else to fire a gun at them first, they shouldn't be cops.
Body armor sometimes fails and it doesn't protect your entire body.

why is the gun on the opposite side of the fence?

My view is he found the gap in the fence, tossed it over there and prepared to surrender himself unarmed. That's when it went bad of course.
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Tom Cruise Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Yeah. The kid should respond to pressure situations perfectly, but trained cops can shoot you because they don’t have to perform well in pressure situations. Simple.

He didn’t need to be perfect that night.  In a perfect world would Lil’ Homicide would be home in bed by 10 after doing his homework.  

What he needed to not do is be out at 3 am running around with a gun in a dark alley. And then instead of tossing the gun behind fence outside the view of the cop, drop it down on the ground where the cop could see it.  

This cop did nothing wrong. But go ahead and keep Monday morning quarterbacking from freeze frames on your computer.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 5

25 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Body armor sometimes fails and it doesn't protect your entire body.

My view is he found the gap in the fence, tossed it over there and prepared to surrender himself unarmed. That's when it went bad of course.

I see no gaps in that fencing area. also, he found that gap at night, with a gun pointed at him ? i also didn't see him looking around for a gap 

just curious how the da / cops will respond to justify a drop gun being placed in the area lol

7 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

They may not have prevented it.  But if there is no legal carrying outside of your own property, then there’s not much room for complaining when someone gets shot for having a gun outside of their own property.  

I realize this is a dumb point to engage, but um, sure there would be. Unless in King Roy's world the punishment for carrying is immediate execution.

54 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Occured yesterday morning. 

watch it in 0.25x speed. 

you think this cop should’ve waited longer, until he was shot at first?  good luck ever finding another officer to employ for under 200k a year. 

btw, this will go into the statistics as another “100+ black men killed by police each year”

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I see no gaps in that fencing area. also, he found that gap at night, with a gun pointed at him ? i also didn't see him looking around for a gap 

A better description might be "opening."  He tossed it through there and turned around.

EzC5tliXEAMDQ-M?format=jpg&name=large

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

just curious how the da / cops will respond to justify a drop gun being placed in the area lol

Put on your glasses?

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

What about police murder unarmed 13 year old at point blank? You mean to tell me that’s not true either ?

Well to be fair the ‘unarmed’ part isn’t in the thread title but doesn’t make the title any less ridiculous. And there were people saying he was shot while unarmed despite having a gun in his hand .8 seconds before said shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

He didn’t need to be perfect that night.  In a perfect world would Lil’ Homicide would be home in bed by 10 after doing his homework.  

What he needed to not do is be out at 3 am running around with a gun in a dark alley. And then instead of tossing the gun behind fence outside the view of the cop, drop it down on the ground where the cop could see it.  

This cop did nothing wrong. But go ahead and keep Monday morning quarterbacking from freeze frames on your computer.  

It’s not true that he did nothing wrong. At a minimum he Gabe shitty instructions that led to confusion that caused him to pull the trigger. On the ground. Hands behind your head. If those were the instructions and the kid complied I assume he’d still be alive. 
The cop certainly did that wrong at an absolute minimum. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. But that doesn’t absolve the cop from giving instructions that would lessen the chance of that happening, does it? 

Man I don’t disagree but I’m not sure what stop and put your hands up (actually show me your hands) is wrong here. It happened quickly. I completely agree on the ground was the way to go.

Edited by justhookit

2 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

Not sure I would describe this as murder

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

How else would you describe killing an unarmed child with his hands In the air?

Kid would’ve had a better chance of survival if he shot the cop. Lesson learned.

Also, fix your tapatalk sig. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don’t especially care if he was armed or not. Did he shoot at the cop?  No?  Then why is the cop shooting him?

Gladwell had a pretty good Pod about this. Basically as a cop you have to shoot before the bullets fly at you or you are dead. Showed cops who had the draw on a guy who had a gun at his side and he was able to get shots off before the cops did. If he’s turning to shoot and he has a gun he intends to use in the cop the cop has to shoot is the lesson. It’s why it should always be lay down with hands on head. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, justhookit said:

Anyway, is it fair to say that if you are running from a cop with a gun in your hand you might get shot?

Is it a cops job to murder alleged criminals in the street? If anyone is running away from a cop with a gun in hand they should not be shot. If anyone follows instructions given by a cop they should not be shot. In neither instance did they pose a direct threat to the cop. The presence of a gun shouldn't give a cop the green light to go Rambo. If someone doesn't like the hazards of their job they should quit, instead of being a pussy and making this kind of mistake.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Gladwell had a pretty good Pod about this. Basically as a cop you have to shoot before the bullets fly at you or you are dead. Showed cops who had the draw on a guy who had a gun at his side and he was able to get shots off before the cops did. If he’s turning to shoot and he has a gun he intends to use in the cop the cop has to shoot is the lesson. It’s why it should always be lay down with hands on head. 

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Is it a cops job to murder alleged criminals in the street? If anyone is running away from a cop with a gun in hand they should not be shot. If anyone follows instructions given by a cop they should not be shot. In neither instance did they pose a direct threat to the cop. The presence of a gun shouldn't give a cop the green light to go Rambo. If someone doesn't like the hazards of their job they should quit, instead of being a pussy and making this kind of mistake.

This.  It's a hazard of the job.  You might die.  The job is to serve and protect citizens, even if sometimes it is a citizen with a gun.  Your life is secondary to that job and you should know that before you become a cop.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man I don’t disagree but I’m not sure what stop and put your hands up (actually show me your hands) is wrong here. It happened quickly. I completely agree on the ground was the way to go.
Nothing would have been wrong with it... if the cop didn't shoot him when he complied.

10 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

But that’s not how it works. Escalation of force doesn’t work like you want it to. Easy to armchair qb, huh?

Right because we've learned over the years it's normally the leo that causes the escalation of force. They arrive to escalate and not de-escalate. It's also easy to not be a pussy. Cops shouldn't quiver at the sight of a gun.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Kid would’ve had a better chance of survival if he shot the cop. Lesson learned.
I would describe it as an unfortunate situation where both parties made some less than ideal choices that resulted in the kid getting shot.

Do I think the cop could have given better instructions? Yes

Do I think the kid could have disposed of the gun in a better/more obvious manner? Yes

Unfortunately, they didn't and the cop had to make a split second decision that turned out to be the wrong one.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Right because we've learned over the years it's normally the leo that causes the escalation of force. They arrive to escalate and not de-escalate. It's also easy to not be a pussy. Cops shouldn't quiver at the sight of a gun.

What in the bloody hell are you babbling about, Professor? I’m talking about this situation. If the cop believes the guy is carrying a gun and spins with his hands coming up, the cop is going to shoot. That’s that they’re taught to do.

7 hours ago, justhookit said:

He was unarmed for .8 seconds. Actually, he was basically disarmed for that long. An unarmed suspect is one who doesn’t have a weapon on their person. Stop with that nonsense. Or adjust my sarcasm meter.

I don’t know if that’s accurate. Maybe it was 1 second. Maybe it was 1.2 seconds. But let’s accept that it was .8 seconds for the sake of argument. That’s more than enough time for the human brain to process the fact that he dropped the gun. Why did the cop order him to drop the gun in the first place? Why didn’t he just shoot him in the back while he was running away? Would you be defending the cop if he had done so? I assume you would since you’re defending a cop for killing a kid who tried to obey his orders. Dropped the gun, stopped and put his hands in the air, got killed. That’s indefensible.

Did you ever see The Graduate? There’s a scene where Mrs. Robinson slips naked into a room with Ben. Her bare breast is on screen for a lot less than .8 seconds but it was still more than enough time for you to know that you saw Anne Bancroft’s titty. If the athletes on your favorite sports team take longer than .8 seconds to read and react to what the athletes on the other team are doing then you’re probably following a losing sports team. 

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

Anyway, is it fair to say that if you are running from a cop with a gun in your hand you might get shot?

It’s fair to say that if you’re black then you have a better chance than a white person does of getting shot by a cop whether you have a gun or not and whether you try to comply with their orders or not. 

I would describe it as an unfortunate situation where both parties made some less than ideal choices that resulted in the kid getting shot.

Do I think the cop could have given better instructions? Yes

Do I think the kid could have disposed of the gun in a better/more obvious manner? Yes

Unfortunately, they didn't and the cop had to make a split second decision that turned out to be the wrong one.

But the thing you're leaving out is that one of those people had all the power. The kid had stopped making decisions and was complying with the cop's orders.

When the person that's giving the orders kills the person following the orders... it's not an unfortunate situation... its murder.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

No one told the kid to wheel around on the cop. That’s what got him shot.

The instruction to show his hands strongly implied that turning around is what he needed to do. That's the teachable moment here. I don't think it was murder. I do think the cop's poor instructions were a signicant contributor to what happened. This doesn't mean I completely excuse the kid for having a gun or (apparently) trying to hide it.

• Hook 'Em 1

The instruction to show his hands strongly implied that turning around is what he needed to do. That's the teachable moment here. I don't think it was murder. I do think the cop's poor instructions were a signicant contributor to what happened. This doesn't mean I completely excuse the kid for having a gun or (apparently) trying to hide it.

I pretty much concur with that although I have my doubts that different commands in that situation would have prevented the kid from turning on the cop. A command to not turn around should have been issued.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This.  It's a hazard of the job.  You might die.

Care to reckon what comes with the job of being a gang member? 

15 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Occured yesterday morning. 

watch it in 0.25x speed. 

you think this cop should’ve waited longer, until he was shot at first?  good luck ever finding another officer to employ for under 200k a year. 

btw, this will go into the statistics as another “100+ black men killed by police each year”

Where we meeting to start burning shit?  This upstanding citizen being murdered in cold blood simply because of his race cannot stand.  #fac  #acab  

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're levity is uncommon and refreshing.  Cop shoulda done better, kid shoulda listened more closely.

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

jfc

I can't stand cops, most at least.  I give no quarter when it comes their lies and bullshit, but this bullshit is even beyond their trope.

Well done.

• Hook 'Em 2