Rep awards

ztejas

This has changed a lot lately so I felt that I'd start a topic. I know at somepoint I bitched about it being too cluttered when looking at the options for rep. So call me a hypocrite, but...

I miss the "trophy" rep. I want someone to know when I like a post more than usual - or at least be able to express that. I like the rage + 1 but the drool rep and FAFO rep seem kind of superfluous.

Obviously some of the options are always going to be used because, they're selectable options, but I'd like to see a trophy or "super" rep be brought back. If it costs one of those other two options I'm cool with that.

Wanted to see if anyone else felt similarly.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I never did it to be toxic as I rarely ever neg. l just thought it added a little something to the positive feedback, but I know there are a lot of negging fuckbags here so I wouldn’t want that moderation headache either.

18 hours ago, immamac said:

Rep comments are so fucking toxic and impossible to moderate. It is possible, but do we really want that? If you are going to be toxic do it in DMs so it can be reported and you can be banned. Or make a thread. 

how would it be any different than a dm? wasn’t it essentially just a dm attached to a rep? maybe it was anonymous on surly, I really can’t remember. but it doesn’t seem like it would be hard to do. and then we could bring back the neg rep comments thread.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/128648-What-s-the-best-neg-rep-comment-you-ve-received

Edited by futureman

On 4/15/2021 at 8:39 PM, ztejas said:

This has changed a lot lately so I felt that I'd start a topic. I know at somepoint I bitched about it being too cluttered when looking at the options for rep. So call me a hypocrite, but...

I miss the "trophy" rep. I want someone to know when I like a post more than usual - or at least be able to express that. I like the rage + 1 but the drool rep and FAFO rep seem kind of superfluous.

Obviously some of the options are always going to be used because, they're selectable options, but I'd like to see a trophy or "super" rep be brought back. If it costs one of those other two options I'm cool with that.

Wanted to see if anyone else felt similarly.

Negged.

19 hours ago, immamac said:

Rep comments are so fucking toxic and impossible to moderate. It is possible, but do we really want that? If you are going to be toxic do it in DMs so it can be reported and you can be banned. Or make a thread. 

If I got problems with you people, you’re going to hear about it in front of all your peers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

You can report DMs that are abusive/violate the rules. 

The plugin that allows for rep comments doesn't have a report feature (last I checked) I guess you could DM me a screenshot of insane ones and I can handle it. Maybe I'll add rep comments for treefiddy? 

On 4/15/2021 at 11:18 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

AYFKM?  Who really cares that much about rep? 

Give it or take it, but it doesn't need to be that complicated.

I don't care that much but as you can see I have quite a few posts here and so these things come into my mind quite often. Not a big deal either way I was just wondering if others here felt the same. 

Make it where we can leave actual smells for rep.  Roses, light blue smoke from burning oak and pecan and a bacon smell for positive.  For negative it can be a public toilet in a bus station or just wide open ass.  When someone gets crowd sourced their profile will smell like cat piss.  

On 4/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, immamac said:

REP comments were GOAT'd. Especially all the thirsty ones for female posters

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2021 at 7:39 PM, immamac said:

C'mon, the best part was posting them on the thread, and having a good laugh at why and what they said. Some were just outright clever.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Nobody got time for that. Hell, most of Lobo's post I skip, cause I don't want read all that shit. 

Your attention span would explain your political affiliations.  You're the only guy I know who needs Cliff's Notes for the Fox News chyron  ;)  

But yes immamac, the rep comments were very funny back in the day.  If nothing else, bring back the "neutral confused" one.  It's handy.  We have more than enough positive ones, you can shed some if that'll help open up bandwidth.  I get there's a moderator element to it, but the feature where you can scroll over somebody's rep icons and see who left that rep deal.  Could you make it where you scrolled over it and could also see what the rep comment left along with it said?  That could send a thread down the rabbit hole real quick, but hey---that's what we do.  We took that South Carolina SSgt post harassing the black kid into a debate on the shittiest mass home builder in America.  You have that feature just turned on for paid users, or just on certain forums, etc.  ?

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Your attention span would explain your political affiliations.  You're the only guy I know who needs Cliff's Notes for the Fox News chyron  ;)  

But yes immamac, the rep comments were very funny back in the day.  If nothing else, bring back the "neutral confused" one.  It's handy.  We have more than enough positive ones, you can shed some if that'll help open up bandwidth.  I get there's a moderator element to it, but the feature where you can scroll over somebody's rep icons and see who left that rep deal.  Could you make it where you scrolled over it and could also see what the rep comment left along with it said?  That could send a thread down the rabbit hole real quick, but hey---that's what we do.  We took that South Carolina SSgt post harassing the black kid into a debate on the shittiest mass home builder in America.  You have that feature just turned on for paid users, or just on certain forums, etc.  ?

There's a reason I listen to videos all day. I don't have the time to post a 4th of an essay in 5 minutes. One day when I'm 40 and teaching others how to fix the robot that does our jobs, I'll have the time to shoot the shit on the internet. Ha 

Can you give different values to them? Also plz give rep comments to tree fiddy at least, thanks!

Would be interesting to have 5 to choose from with something like below:

Trophy or whatever image worth 2 points

Hook'em worth 1 point for standard rep

Neutral with whatever image

Middle Finger worth -1 for standard negative rep

Rage or whatever image worth  -2

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Multiple reps for the same post. You get some long winded bastage like Lobo, maybe the first part makes you rage, then hey, I agree with that, Hook 'em. Then some fuck around and find out. Leave a wall of glyphs for them to decipher. Or just allow comments. 

On 4/19/2021 at 8:46 PM, workswithseed said:

There's a reason I listen to videos all day. I don't have the time to post a 4th of an essay in 5 minutes. One day when I'm 40 and teaching others how to fix the robot that does our jobs, I'll have the time to shoot the shit on the internet. Ha 

Man, I don't care what you do so long as you learn to spell "their" someday. I've tried positive reinforcement reminders in the past but won't hesitate to start negging every instance in the future, because this is for your own good kid. I don't want you to be embarrassed in a professional setting one day.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Multiple reps for the same post. You get some long winded bastage like Lobo, maybe the first part makes you rage, then hey, I agree with that, Hook 'em. Then some fuck around and find out. Leave a wall of glyphs for them to decipher. Or just allow comments. 

Slack allows this with the emojis.  Hell, it breaks down long posts into sections and people will do exactly what you describe- giving kudos on certain parts and ripping them on other lines.

I'm not suggesting a change in format, but rather just saying I seent it before...

On 4/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, Lobo said:

picard too long didnt read GIF

• Haha 3

If it helps, I also have a large number of pithy 1-2 sentence posts that are sure to ache the belly and perk the mind.  I took the liberty of combining them into one long post with no punctuation and peppered with non-sequitur Seinfeld quotes.  

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is the ragey emoji a neg rep or someone agreeing with you that what you posted about was ragey? I avoid using this one because I don't know. 

Also, i want the thank you trophy and the confused face back if possible.

Ragey is +1, as in, the poster about whom you are repping is good and pissed off and you agree.

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is the ragey emoji a neg rep or someone agreeing with you that what you posted about was ragey? I avoid using this one because I don't know. 

Also, i want the thank you trophy and the confused face back if possible.

A confused trophy would work also. 

On 4/20/2021 at 7:30 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Can you give different values to them? Also plz give rep comments to tree fiddy at least, thanks!

Would be interesting to have 5 to choose from with something like below:

Trophy or whatever image worth 2 points

Hook'em worth 1 point for standard rep

Neutral with whatever image

Middle Finger worth -1 for standard negative rep

Rage or whatever image worth  -2

On 4/28/2021 at 8:47 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

Very strange emojis. We should have 3-4 reaction emojis that aren’t total nonsense to over half the people reacting, and being back rep comments. 

I proposed the above as an overall quality system.

Also @immamac

:Finger:

Can we use this image for the middle finger? I'm not sure how it would look though.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

On 4/28/2021 at 7:27 AM, slorch said:

Ragey is +1, as in, the poster about whom you are repping is good and pissed off and you agree.

Speaking of rep emojis, what is the "Fuck around and find out" one supposed to mean to a particular post? The shit looking emoji. 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Speaking of rep emojis, what is the "Fuck around and find out" one supposed to mean to a particular post? The shit looking emoji. 

Because Lemanski had possible info that could lead to indictments of the Team, Shane was NOT willing to fuck around and find out if Lem would talk.

Fuck around and find out is awesome for someone taking one for the team or considering doing something Surly-inspired...  Could also be this gif:

tenor.gif