Colorado Cops Ensure 73 Year Old with Dementia Complies

956 Worldwide

Just makes me wanna run this up the flagpole even higher:
51egXKzK5mL._AC_.jpg

We need these heroes, and you commies second-guessing them can just opt out of their protection and defend yourselves, thank you very much.

I don’t think it was an accident that they chose a black US flag for that.

Learned this tidbit a few weeks ago...

In general, black flags are used by enemy forces to signify that no quarter will be given. What that means is that, during war, enemy combatants are going to be killed rather than taken prisoner.

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Just got off the phone with my old man in Fort Collins. He's tired of the media coverage & his big question is that if her dementia was so bad then why wasn't she in a home? "Who knows how much she's stolen from the local stores!" Although he did admit that the cops were a "a bit rough", we also have to consider the stress they're under at all times.

Remarks like this will make those difficult decisions I've been entrusted with down the road just a bit easier.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Then that might be similar to the cop’s attitude.

Not even close. I'm not going to go Billy Badass on pops the next time he forgets how to program his DVR or calls to ask how to download an app to his iPhone.

His point was that the lady--and by extension, her family/caregivers--was primarily at fault because someone with altered mentation shouldn't be a nuisance to the public & LEOs. "She should be in a facility" were his exact words. My old man's 76, three years younger than the gramma with the broken arm. He's in reasonably good shape & they're able to maintain their too large home & yard. But as the 2nd in line to execute his medical power of attorney I know clearly what my actions will need to be if he or his wife are diagnosed with dementia. 

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad

Wow, what a surprise! The cops were laughing about how they roughed up a 73yo with dementia

Video of the Loveland Police Department booking area shows the officers who made the arrest, Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali, re-watching body camera footage and laughing about the incident while the woman, Karen Garner, sat handcuffed to a bench in a nearby cell.

The officers fractured Garner’s arm and dislocated her shoulder during the arrest, her family has said.

“Ready for the pop?” an officer identified by Garner’s lawyer as Hopp said to other officers while re-watching the body camera footage together.

“What popped?” another officer asked.

“I think it was her shoulder,” Hopp responded.

In the video from the booking area, Hopp can also be heard saying, “I can’t believe I threw a 73-year-old on the ground,” and saying he loved watching the body camera footage of his fight with the elderly woman.

Video timestamped to "ready for the pop" while they're all huddled around the monitor like it's a highlight reel in the spoiler below

Spoiler

• Rage+1 2

On 4/16/2021 at 8:21 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Glad to see we are slowly moving beyond racial inequities to a world where even frail, elderly, mentally impaired white women have the right to get their ass beat by those who protect and serve. 

White people can get beaten and/or killed twice as often as black people and it still represents a racial disparity. If we were treated equally then white people would get beaten and/or killed five times as often as black people.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

White people can get beaten and/or killed twice as often as black people and it still represents a racial disparity. If we were treated equally then white people would get beaten and/or killed five times as often as black people.

And don't forget about the Asians who are even more underrepresented in incidents of police violence!  That said, we will need them to have a shit ton more interactions with police to get their numbers where they need to be.

I get that they think they had to brutally assault and (likely) permanently injure this elderly woman for the rest of her life, so that they could make it home to their families that night.  But does part of making it home to your family that night include, stopping off at the station to rewatch the video and crack wise about it for hours on end?  If it was all all about making it home that night, why not...you know...just go home?  What kind of fucking sadist sits and watches that over and over again while the woman is badly injured in the jailhouse still?

On 4/16/2021 at 7:42 AM, next2naus said:

as Bernard would say..."Fuck the Police"

I'm not one to shy away from a police brutality video, but I'm not even going to watch this one. My mom is 78 years old. She's healthy in body and mind, but she's sliding down the frailty curve as all mom's do at some age. If a cop ever laid a finger on her... (I can't even type it).

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/18/2021 at 9:59 PM, CooterBrown said:

I don’t think it was an accident that they chose a black US flag for that.

Learned this tidbit a few weeks ago...

In general, black flags are used by enemy forces to signify that no quarter will be given. What that means is that, during war, enemy combatants are going to be killed rather than taken prisoner.

Or for roach spray

On 4/19/2021 at 12:08 AM, tx 3 putt said:

don't worry guys, the next town over is ready to hire him as soon as he's fired 

This is frequently the case. When the police release a statement that "the officer in question resigned", that officer is most likely patrolling a nearby city or county within days if not that day. There are no missed paychecks and the public faces the same threat. Maybe the officer receives a quick request to not do that again from his new boss.

I think they went out for beers after watching the video for the 37th time.  It was after they paired it up to "Mustang Sally" on iMovie that they decided to call it a day and head home to their families, safe and sound and white, as God intended.  

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

these guys aren't @BabaYaga´s drinking buddies. i wonder if they filed a report with IA?

oh wait, they sat around and watched the bodycam and laughed while an old grandmom with dementia's arm was popped out of socket?

oh well, nevertheless.

All cops are bad

All cops are evil

Derp, derp derp.....

You are a fucking moron

giphy.gif

Edited by BabaYaga

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

All cops are bad

All cops are evil

Burn it down

Derp, derp derp.....

You are a fucking moron

giphy.gif

I didn’t say that. But let me ask you a question about this particular instance...

is it fair to describe someone (or a group of people) that watch a video of a 73 year old woman with dementia have her arm popped out of socket and laugh about it as evil?

• Like 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I didn’t say that. But let me ask you a question about this particular instance...

is it fair to describe someone (or a group of people) that watch a video of a 73 year old woman with dementia have her arm popped out of socket and laugh about it as evil?

Nobody is defending anything on that video.  Those guys need to be gone.  But we all know why they won't 

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Nobody is defending anything on that video.  Those guys need to be gone.  But we all know why they won't 

right on. yesterday someone said this:

Don't know a lot of cops but I do know there are a lot of people of color that would be alive today if the cops didn't kill them often over ticky tack stupid shit.

I also know that until the police chief of Minneapolis spoke out against Chauvin I had hardly ever seen a cop speak out against another one. To me if 99 "good" cops stay quiet and tacitly support the 1 bad one, you have 100 bad cops.

I am not anti-cop, I am anti-bad cop. Unfortunately there are a lot of them and a lot of cops who don't say/do jack shit to weed them out.

and you responded with this:

This tired talking point needs to go away.  I know personally dozens of LEO's and follow my fare share via social media, podcasts, etc and 100% of them were shitting ALL OVER Chauvin from day one and never waivered.  

Jesus, internal affairs?  Heard of them?  Want to guess where almost 100% of their leads come from investigating bad cops?  Take a wild guess?  Other cops....Problem is most precincts are too small to have their own. 

is it really a tired talking point to point out (over and over and over again) instances where one cop does something criminal and a bunch of other cops sit around and do nothing to rectify the situation?

do you really believe that cops do a good job of policing their own?

anyways, just thought it was timely to share with you yet another instance where 'good cops´not only did nothing, but they actually sat around and laughed about an act that was pure evil.

• Like 1

Well - maybe the laughing cop had seen her arrest sheet! You didn’t think about that, did you??

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

is it really a tired talking point to point out (over and over and over again) instances where one cop does something criminal and a bunch of other cops sit around and do nothing to rectify the situation?

It is when compared to the hundreds of millions of yearly interactions that go perfectly well.

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

do you really believe that cops do a good job of policing their own?

Never said that.  Don't believe it.  They are protected and they know it.  Remove the protection mechanisms.

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

anyways, just thought it was timely to share with you yet another instance where 'good cops´not only did nothing, but they actually sat around and laughed about an act that was pure evil.

Cops shouldn't have to respond to shit like this.  I've been consistent on this.  Every garden has weeds.  Get rids of the weeds, not the garden.  

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It is when compared to the hundreds of millions of yearly interactions that go perfectly well.

that wasn't at all the point he was making. i'm hopeful you knew that and are simply conflating things to distract from your horribly shitty take that followed in that exchange...

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Never said that.  Don't believe it.  They are protected and they know it.  Remove the protection mechanisms.

then why did you bring up Internal Affairs, as if to suggest that mechanism works? it doesn't, and yesterday you went on to explain why: it's impossible to get a cop fired for bad behavior. so why on god's green earth would a good cop file a report, knowing that absolutely nothing good will come of it, and it could end up ensuring you never get promoted?

again his take was absolutely spot on: cops routinely do nothing (or worse, go out of their way to protect said actions) when a cop breaks the law. it's not a 'tired talking point'...it's a fact.

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Cops shouldn't have to respond to shit like this.  I've been consistent on this.  Every garden has weeds.  Get rids of the weeds, not the garden.  

sounds like you're ready to DEFUND THE POLICE!*

*better allocate resources while creating an environment that leads to better outcomes while holding various parties accountable to their actions and those outcomes.

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

then why did you bring up Internal Affairs, as if to suggest that mechanism works?

You act as if LEO's can't be let go?  They get let go all the time.  Often after IA investigations filed BY OTHER COPS.  Problem is, close to 90% of precincts have less than 25 officers, and definitely don't have IA resources.  For those that have them, close to 100% of the complaints against bad cops come from other cops.  So this talking point about cops letting others slide is bullshit.  When given the chance, they speak up often.  You selectively pick examples that are the statistical outliers and pain the entire profession with a broad brush again and again and again.

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

it's impossible to get a cop fired for bad behavior

This is patently false - but it is difficult.  Hence my earlier point about removing the protection mechanisms that make this more difficult than it needs to be.  

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

sounds like you're ready to DEFUND THE POLICE!*

They need more resources.  Not less.  Not "better allocation", which is the same thing.  They need better candidates and better training.  For instances like this, they need to not even get the call.  Send in the meter-maids or even the fire department.

Every example of cops being bad actors means they are isolated "weeds," and aren't indicative of any greater problem.....like a cop culture that breeds the kind of people who chuckle at body slamming and breaking an elderly woman....or a cop culture that has other cops support those officers instead of actively intervening to protect the victim, or say "WTF, you shouldn't be laughing at that shit."  We see this shit over, and over, and over.....but don't you DARE indicate that we have a cultural problem that permeates our PDs, no sir.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

damn, i thought we were going to find common ground there. oh well, let's keep talking in circles.

We are.  You just aren't seeing it.  First, you are stuck with the "defund" moniker, that will forever be cemented in as "less Funds".  Own it.  It's here to stay.  Not reform, or amend.  De.  Fund.  So this is instantly an antagonistic position you have to defend or walk back.  It's "meaning" has been altered by those smart enough to see how people respond to it - but the name has to change if you really want to have the conversation across the spectrum.

Secondly, everyone wants accountability.  Everyone.  What myself and many others are trying to point is attacking directly the singular mechanism that shields officers from that very accountability.  Namely these unions that have seen their power grow exponentially and have facilitated this mess that makes it so difficult to remove bad actors.  Remove or de-fang the mechanism so you can remove the bad actors.

You want behavior to change OVERNIGHT.  Do what every other employer does - and fire their asses immediately.  That is sending a message that this shit is over.  BUT, you have to also give these overworked officers the training and resources to be better at their job.  They wear too many hats.  So fine, bring in the meter maids.  The stree LEOs need more training and support.  You want to re-allocate funds, then allocate them in, not out.  Bring on more officers.  Bring in more meter-maids, social workers, etc.  Show them you support them, but with the added message of accountability.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

but don't you DARE indicate that we have a cultural problem that permeates our PDs, no sir.

Nobody is saying that.  You keep having this same argument in your head.  The question is how do you hold them accountable - and you do with this with consequences, which you struggle with now because the officers are protected and they know it.  

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Nobody is saying that.  You keep having this same argument in your head.  The question is how do you hold them accountable - and you do with this with consequences, which you struggle with now because the officers are protected and they know it.  

How about they stop being fucking shitbags?  How about they hold THEMSELVES accountable?  How about they not be the kind of shitbags who bodyslam an elderly woman and support each other in doing so?  How about they not be fucking psychopaths who laugh at and replay the video over and over?

Accountability starts with cops 1) deciding not to be shitbags, and 2) not tolerating shitbaggery in their ranks.  And what we see from their culture over and over is that.....nope, back the blue, period.

You are using this issue to stroke your anti-union hard-on.  Groovy, you do you.  But the problem lives WITHIN THE PDs.  That's where any solution has to start.  But it won't.  Because cops are good guys, and how dare we criticize the culture when it's just a few random weeds.

• Hook 'Em 1

Right, a union by definition is a club, society, or association formed by people with a common interest or purpose.  When that common purpose is to beat the fuck out of the populace because they don't comply, it's the "people" who are the problem, not the union.  We've seen that in that there are about 30 to 40 percent of the people in this here country that are a fucking problem.  They want to keep on coasting, with no effort, because they're entitled to coast, after all, their ancestors put in the effort for them to coast.  That's not how it fucking works.  Freedom and liberty means the person who has those things has to put forth a little effort, and make some sacrifices.  There is no coasting.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

How about they stop being fucking shitbags?  How about they hold THEMSELVES accountable?  How about they not be the kind of shitbags who bodyslam an elderly woman and support each other in doing so?  How about they not be fucking psychopaths who laugh at and replay the video over and over?

Accountability starts with cops 1) deciding not to be shitbags, and 2) not tolerating shitbaggery in their ranks.  And what we see from their culture over and over is that.....nope, back the blue, period.

You are using this issue to stroke your anti-union hard-on.  Groovy, you do you.  But the problem lives WITHIN THE PDs.  That's where any solution has to start.  But it won't.  Because cops are good guys, and how dare we criticize the culture when it's just a few random weeds.

Great solution.  Just...stop.  Sure.  Sounds easy.  You really took Nancy Reagans words to heart didn't - JUST SAY NO.

Good on you.  I'm not anti-union across the entire spectrum, but when they are the sole mechanism facilitating the protection of these bad actors, seems pretty easy to start there, right?  Action is premeditated by protection.  So remove the protection.  

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Right, a union by definition is a club, society, or association formed by people with a common interest or purpose.  When that common purpose is to beat the fuck out of the populace because they don't comply, it's the "people" who are the problem, not the union.  We've seen that in that there are about 30 to 40 percent of the people in this here country that are a fucking problem.  They want to keep on coasting, with no effort, because they're entitled to coast, after all, their ancestors put in the effort for them to coast.  That's not how it fucking works.  Freedom and liberty means the person who has those things has to put forth a little effort, and make some sacrifices.  There is no coasting.

So get rid of every fucking one of them?  Oh, what....you can't?  Why's that again?

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

but when they are the sole mechanism facilitating the protection of these bad actors

This is incorrect.  The PRIMARY mechanism protecting the bad actors is their fellow cops.  Most instances of police conduct never even make it past the citizen report stage( if THAT even happens), because the cops have a nearly impenetrable wall of protection that is their culture.

Take away the union, and there will still never be enforcement against the culture that covers up and lies about the bad shit they do, because their impenetrable wall WORKS.

Just now, BabaYaga said:

So get rid of every fucking one of them?  Oh, what....you can't?  Why's that again?

I'm not sure what you're saying either.  Get rid of every union?  Like the ones that keep people including kids in virtual slavery?  I mean if you like China and India so much, why don't you move there?  Police unions suck, because they are run by people who suck.  It's not the union that's the problem, it's the people who are the problem.   That's all I'm saying.  Don't think by smashing the container that holds the rat poison you're fixing the problem.  The poison doesn't go anywhere but on the floor.

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Oh, look at this.  We have what appears to be our first retaliation killing of a LEO protecting drivers from an earlier crash.  This is how it escalates because ALL cops are bad, right?  ALL, ALL, ALL is what keep being repeated over and over.

Was this guy with a wife and family a piece of shit?  We want to pain him with a broad brush as well?  This rhetoric is dangerous.

Cop killed, hit and run

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I'm not sure what you're saying either.  Get rid of every union?  Like the ones that keep people including kids in virtual slavery?  I mean if you like China and India so much, why don't you move there?  Police unions suck, because they are run by people who suck.  It's not the union that's the problem, it's the people who are the problem.   That's all I'm saying.  Don't think by smashing the container that holds the rat poison you're fixing the problem.  The poison doesn't go anywhere but on the floor.

Get rid of the union contracts and provision that make removing bad actors so difficult and start culling the herd with instances like this one here.

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Oh, look at this.  We have what appears to be our first retaliation killing of a LEO protecting drivers from an earlier crash.  This is how it escalates because ALL cops are bad, right?  ALL, ALL, ALL is what keep being repeated over and over.

Was this guy with a wife and family a piece of shit?  We want to pain him with a broad brush as well?  This rhetoric is dangerous.

Cop killed, hit and run

Dude, fuck you for posting that aids-ridden link.  Also:

• In the video, she boasts of liking guns because 'they're pretty' and rants about being pro capital punishment   

• Haha 1