Colorado Cops Ensure 73 Year Old with Dementia Complies

956 Worldwide

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Get rid of the union contracts and provision that make removing bad actors so difficult and start culling the herd with instances like this one here.

I am completely in favor of that.  I've been completely in favor of most of the stuff you've said, with the exception being you seem to think it is unions that are the problem, not the actual fucksticks running them.  If I misunderstood that, sorry, my bad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I am completely in favor of that.  I've been completely in favor of most of the stuff you've said, with the exception being you seem to think it is unions that are the problem, not the actual fucksticks running them.  If I misunderstood that, sorry, my bad.

If there are contracts and provisions that obfuscate and muddle accountability of officer behavior, burn them all.  There has to be a clean and efficient method to remove bad actors.  If not, there is no change.  This is how every corporation in the world operates.  Every governmental department.  Even the military.  Most SMU's will kick your ass to the curb in a second if you get a DUI.  Done.  You are gone.  They changed their "Culture" or wild, partying operators by making examples out of more than a few and that shit cleaned itself up quickly.  

This you could do tomorrow.  The culture takes more time, but this seems like such a low-hanging item that both sides seem would be able to agree upon.  But you have to couple this will better resources and training so officers are more comfortable handing difficult situations or else they will just avoid them.  There's a reason we send in highly trained operators into certain situations and not the front-line infantry.  You have to have both.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Probably. Maybe. Will the cops comb through his past and use any less than pristine behavior as justification to call him a criminal or thug?

He was just standing there and was run over, but I get your point of victim blaming which needs to stop.  

Baba in here arguing like the problem is only that they can't fire cops - not that these aren't facing an indictment for assaulting an old woman with dementia. Why is it that the worst that we can do to bad cops is fire them? Are they not subject to the same laws as everyone else without a badge?

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, next2naus said:

if they only got some training in non lethal outcomes and de-escalatuoin instead of all the gung-ho I want to ba SWAT guy ethos. 

When you only buy hammers and train your employees to only use that hammer for everything, don't be surprised when everything they touch is smashed.

• Hook 'Em 1

so first thing that comes to mind in the precinct video is the guy in the middle has weak game and is using his arrest video to woo the lady on the left. look at my masculinity, "listen for the pop", here is the good part...  The way she says please turn it off and I hate it is her way of saying his advances are unwelcome but he keeps going.  He should have a workplace harassment charge filed as well.

😛

• Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

so first thing that comes to mind in the precinct video is the guy in the middle has weak game and is using his arrest video to woo the lady on the left. look at my masculinity, "listen for the pop", here is the good part...  The way she says please turn it off and I hate it is her way of saying his advances are unwelcome but he keeps going.  He should have a workplace harassment charge filed as well.

😛

I think you are spot-on.  You've nailed down the psyche pretty well.  Fucking sick.  It's fucking sick.  But 100%, absolutely, totally, completely unsurprising.