Bobcat fucks around and finds out

Dennis Taylor

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not really sure who fucked around and who found out.

But I'm thinking it wasn't the bobcat.

And yeah, I think whatever was in the pet carrier was perceived as a threat or interest by the bobcat.

The bobcat fucked around trying to get at little Sparky in the carrier and found out by getting slung across the yard by pops...

I've been near a bobcat a couple times and once I was within about 15 feet it bolted. That one must be really hungry 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The bobcat fucked around trying to get at little Sparky in the carrier and found out by getting slung across the yard by pops...

I've been near a bobcat a couple times and once I was within about 15 feet it bolted. That one must be really hungry 

I looked at the thread, there was indication that the bobcat was rabid, which probably explains a lot.

I could be mistaken, but it looks like ol' boy got mauled pretty good in the face and arms.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Him pulling his gun and running after it brings the lulz. Doesn't look very likely to be a great shot, but he wanted some. 

LMFAO.

"I'm 'a shoot the fucker!"

"What was it?"

"A Bobcat attacked my wife!!"

"A Bobcat?"

"A Bobcat!!"

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Him pulling his gun and running after it brings the lulz. Doesn't look very likely to be a great shot, but he wanted some. 

My wife and her pops (RIP) tell a great story of when my wife was a kid growing up in Pasadena.  A coyote grabs their cat and runs off with it.  My FIL grabs a shotgun and blasts the thing in the middle of a (very nice) residential street.  They had a big dumpster as they were doing construction.  Cops come racing up the street, sirens blaring.  They confront him and he shows them the carcass in the dumpster.  They advise him that it is illegal to discharge a firearm in a residential area, and go on their way.  

• Haha 1

I figured there was a cat in heat inside the carrier and the bobcat just couldn't resist.

If indeed rabid, that would make sense - somewhat unusual but a logical explanation.

This will serve one purpose, to energize the Nextdoor.com fanatics that think every dog, cat and child are in grave danger if they ever leave the house without someone laying down cover fire as they scamper to the safety of a mini-van in the driveway.  

Stupidity and fear will be reinforced 1000%.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I looked at the thread, there was indication that the bobcat was rabid, which probably explains a lot.

I could be mistaken, but it looks like ol' boy got mauled pretty good in the face and arms.

If that cat was rabid and he and the wife gotmauled, won't they have to get the (very painful) shots? Or is that only for a bite? 

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If that cat was rabid and he and the wife gotmauled, won't they have to get the (very painful) shots? Or is that only for a bite? 

I think just bite, but it's probably hard to exclude a bite once attacked.  I am pretty sure it's transmitted by saliva, so maybe even if you could exclude a bite, you probably can't exclude saliva even from scratches.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think just bite, but it's probably hard to exclude a bite once attacked.  I am pretty sure it's transmitted by saliva, so maybe even if you could exclude a bite, you probably can't exclude saliva even from scratches.

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

You should get it after any animal attack, whether bitten or no. They aren’t given in the stomach anymore, you get doses in the shoulder and the first one around the wound site. 

Not a terrible idea to get vaccinated beforehand if you spend time outside. The preventative vaccine means you need fewer shots later. I lived in a place where rabies was endemic and got it because—- if you get rabies, you die horribly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MoJames said:

Fun fact about Rabies - 100% mortality once it gets going.

I'd get the shots

Looked into this a lot when I had my rabies scare a couple years ago... rabies actually doesn’t have a 100% mortality rate. No known disease/virus on earth has a 100% mortality rate. There have been a handful of documented human survivors and many more animal survivors than previously thought.

40 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Looked into this a lot when I had my rabies scare a couple years ago... rabies actually doesn’t have a 100% mortality rate. No known disease/virus on earth has a 100% mortality rate. There have been a handful of documented human survivors and many more animal survivors than previously thought.

Life has a 100% mortality rate. Except for that one guy. F around and find out. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, demos said:

I’ve watched this several times and I’m cackling loudly every time. Gets better with each viewing.

The metamorphosis from the Ned Flanders-ish "good mornin', I need to wash my car" to the pistol packin' "I'm gonna shoot that fucker" is fantastic.

Just found this audio of a neighbors 911 call. Can't embed, but it's humorous in its own right

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/16/bobcat-attacks-girl-rabies-rabid-nc-north-carolina/

Edited by Blotto