Iran

Caracara

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Who the fuck is advocating for a US invasion of Iran? Not Trump, not me that’s for sure. This is a great move by Trump because it is going to devalue the rial even further and drive the economy off the cliff. This was a necessary kicking of the chair of a regime that had tied a noose around itself. I have family in Iran. This is going to hurt their pocketbook but they support what it takes to get rid of these bastards.

He'll allow himself to be led into one because he's an idiot. Israel/Saudi and Iran will be at war within a year because that's what they want, which means that we'll be at war with Iran. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you get rid of rouhaini, who will you get next?

A nice civil war that ends up being won by a group of fundamentalist assholes or a brutal strongman.

Edited by kevwun

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump is so fucking easy to play it ain’t even funny.

Israel plays him, on top of the “it was something Obama did, so you should undo it” card. It was inevitable.

If you’re MOVING the chess pieces, you’re a leader. If you’re the chess piece being moved by someone else, you’re not.

Iran played Obama the naive fool like a fiddle. Remember him writing letters to Khamenei and basically begging the Islamic Republic to play nice? Obama was out of his depth when it came to foreign policy. Who can forget his support of Morsi in Egypt.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you get rid of rouhaini, who will you get next?

Free and fair elections with no restrictions on candidates and a new secular constitution. I’m betting a nationalist slate of candidates would win. People are chanting Reza Shah’s (the last Shah’s father) name in the streets. He was a great nationalist modernizer. Islamic governance would be thrown in the trash can.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Free and fair elections with no restrictions on candidates and a new secular constitution. I’m betting a nationalist slate of candidates would win. People are chanting Reza Shah’s (the last Shah’s father) name in the streets. He was a great nationalist modernizer. Islamic governance would be thrown in the trash can.

Ahh, a supporter of the Shah. We'll I guess we all know why you ended up moving to America. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

According to these nutcases, it will be the MEK.  

Hahaha. God you guys have no fucking clue of what you are talking about. MEK DESPISED by 99% of all Iranians because they were traitors who fought on Saddam Hussein’s side and are fucking cult.

A nice civil war that ends up being won by a group of fundamentalist assholes or a brutal strongman.

Bingo. The biggest favor you can do for a country’s warmongering extremists is to give them a clear external enemy actually harming them. Done deal. Good job.

Iran played Obama the naive fool like a fiddle. Remember him writing letters to Khamenei and basically begging the Islamic Republic to play nice? Obama was out of his depth when it came to foreign policy. Who can forget his support of Morsi in Egypt.

Oh, I’m sorry...you seem to be under the impression that this was a bilateral Obama-Iran deal. I guess the UK, France, Germany, China, and the EU all got played too?

Fuck, if Iran pulled that off, I don’t want to punish them - I want to become Iranian, a citizen of the country that played the whole world. Those are winners, man.

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

That wasn't meant as a serious strategy, but it's the only thing that hasn't been tried in the Middle East either because of self-imposed restraint or lack of military capability.  Everything short of it has failed.  I hope we don't have the stomach for that kind of war anymore unless it's a matter of survival.

You know what would work? Find an alternative to petroleum for our energy needs, share that technology with the world, and tell the Middle East to go fuck themselves. Cut the price of oil to pennies per barrel.

That won't happen soon, of course, because it would hurt the interests of some powerful few here in the U.S. It will happen eventually. Reagan should've kept the solar panels  on the White House and invested in alternative energy instead of SDI. But look how much money and power has come to the Republican party as a result of doing the exact opposite.

After we lost Iran in '79 we hooked up with the Saudis (via the Bushes) and oil prices dropped. Back then that was good for our economy. Now that we've spent years trying to become "energy independent" they're telling me that low oil prices are bad for our economy. They're definitely bad for the Saudis, Iran, and Russia. Let's do whatever it takes to make low prices better for us. Fuck you if high oil prices are good for you. There was a time when men got rich off of whale oil. (And they had to actually go out on the ocean and hunt whales, none of them ever woke up to find a whale under their bed.) Change happens. Adapt. 

lmao.  They are going to elect a moderate after they get burned for engaging with the international community? 

Seriously. “Being moderate and playing the west’s game” just got blown up in their face...and folks think Iran will DOUBLE-DOWN on that strategy?

Here’s a hint: the response to “fuck you” (what we just told them) is ALWAYS “well, fuck you too.”

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Hahaha. God you guys have no fucking clue of what you are talking about. MEK DESPISED by 99% of all Iranians because they were traitors who fought on Saddam Hussein’s side and are fucking cult.

Bolton is the one saying MEK will be running the country by the end of the year.  

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You should relay that info to Trump's newly appointed National Security Advisor, he is apparently of a different opinion.   

And mark this down as yet another rebuke to the bothsiders.   One side joined with the international community to get this deal done.   The other side just walked away for no good reason.    Elections -> demonstrable policy result that would not have happened if the other side had won.   Whether or not this move works out, "it doesn't matter, both sides are the same" is bullshit. The outcome of elections matters. 

Our military should "Sadat" Trump.

Hell no they should not.

You wanna kill our Republic for certain, that’s the one guaranteed way to do it.

If we ever get to a point where the praetorian guard option is actually our best choice....the republic is already lost.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

You guys ever think Obama thinks to himself "I really wish I wouldn't have kicked that orange fuck in the balls so hard at the WHCD a few years ago."?

Interesting thing about Obama was he was still heavily influenced by Saudi hence the war in Yemen and Syria but seemed torn on Israeli militarism. They obviously swing an out sized influence in American politics so he probably enjoyed their money but never fully embraced their policy goals.

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Iraqis were disgusted with Saddam. That didn't mean they loved it when we came in and bombed the shit out of them. 

Sunni Iraqis were not disgusted with Saddam. They loved him. They didn't welcome us as liberators. Many of them joined ISIS after being fired from positions in the military. 

Fuck any talk of assassinations.  We solve our problems with elections.   And impeachment and removal, if warranted.  And the two are tied together; we can elect people in a few months who can legally oust the president.   If the voters don't want that, so be it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Who the fuck is advocating for a US invasion of Iran? Not Trump

Que? Did you listen or read?

If the regime continues its its nuclear aspirations, it will have bigger problems than it has ever had before.

Immediately imposing sanctions and using inflammatory language in the announcement guarantees they're going to start up their nuclear program again.  They are ensuring a bad outcome which I'm sure is the goal.

Edited by kevwun

First, this is the problem with any POTUS entering into such a dramatic deal without congressional approval.  Because if we let one guy do it, then we do not have a choice if the next guy wants to undo it.

The original deal was terrible.  IMO, it was the epitome of political grandstanding which actually made the situation worse.  The Iranians said they only coveted nuclear capabilities for energy, yet, the recent report by Israel makes it abundantly clear that they want nuclear military capabilities.  

The 2 biggest problems with the original deal are 1) the timelines and, 2) the access. 

Obama has openly admitted that this deal gives Iran the capability to have advanced enough centrifuges that they could enrich uranium to military grade in a number of days.  Certainly in a shorter time than any inspections could stop it.  Why would we agree to a deal that lets the Iranians have the advanced centrifuges?  They are completely unnecessary for energy production.  It was an absolute horrible part of the deal and the one that, essentially, makes the deal worthless from a practical standpoint.  A whopping 10 or so years Iran has to wait to get everything they wanted and we released 100s of billions to them.  Literally, the deal from Iran's prospective was- we get 100s of billions in cash, we get trade sanctions lifted, we get advanced centrifuges, we get limited inspection and, if we wait a whole 10 years, we get the ability to enrich military grade uranium in a matter of days.  That is the deal of century for Iran.  Again, purely political grandstanding.

The access is equally as bad.  Iran was in bad, bad shape financially and politically.  Bad shape.  They HAD to make a deal.  Yet, we did not demand unfettered access to their potential sites.  It is baffling why we would do that.  It is like Aggy facing the death penalty for football recruiting violations and Texas agreeing to let them off the hook if we get to inspect their recruiting of punters only.  

I am hopeful that the advanced centrifuges and access issues can be renegotiated in a new deal.  We shall see.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, 5 5 said:

He's been threatening his prosecution with personal revelations. Look what just happened to the New York AG. This is as much of a warning to stand down as his Scooter Libby pardon was a tease to shut up.

He just hired an Israeli spy org to extract dirt on crafters of the Iranian deal. To silence their dissent.

We have to have faith in our institutions and fellow man to solve our biggest threats peacefully.  Otherwise we become the very monsters we fear the most.  

49 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Who the fuck is advocating for a US invasion of Iran? Not Trump, not me that’s for sure. This is a great move by Trump because it is going to devalue the rial even further and drive the economy off the cliff. This was a necessary kicking of the chair of a regime that had tied a noose around itself. I have family in Iran. This is going to hurt their pocketbook but they support what it takes to get rid of these bastards.

Maybe we can airdrop a bunch of tailored jerseys when they're all officially refugees. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5 5 said:

The neo-con playbook has been reopened. But sped up. We just had a power point display where WMDs were guaranteed. Iraq is Iran.

Open your eyes people.

How many damn times do people gotta go be tossed through the looking glass to see the obvious.

Have a little patience.  America is resilient at dealing with shit and learning from past mistakes.  We got this, just have to give democracy a chance.  We’re not in this alone either.

56 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. My credentials: I’m Iranian-American and know what the fuck is going on in Iran. Rouhani is no moderate and no candidates other than mullah ass lickers are vetted. The people of Iran are disgusted with this regime.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/labor-strikes-and-worker-protests-erupt-across-iran-this-is-slavery-1525626832

I appreciate your input Mr. Chalabi.  Now go find a Cuban you can jack off with.  I'm tired of US policy that caters to people who got fucked over decades ago when the shitty regime they supported was violently overthrown by a different shitty regime.  This about trying to extend the timeline to another nuclear weapon denotation, not about righting past wrongs.  Trump's idiotic decision just confirmed the propaganda the Islamists push.  But, sure, any day now, right? 

• Like 2