America First Caucus and Replacement Theory Crap

atomheartbevo

I'm really, really enjoying remembering all the people over the last decade who told those of us who said "so, this open nativist shit is really bad" that we were paranoid, overstating the issue, overreacting because the GQP wasn't nativist at all, all that shit.

Great memories.  Really keep me warm at night.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm really, really enjoying remembering all the people over the last decade who told those of us who said "so, this open nativist shit is really bad" that we were paranoid, overstating the issue, overreacting because the GQP wasn't nativist at all, all that shit.

Great memories.  Really keep me warm at night.

The ledge is now a platform.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, staboner said:

Unbroken plain of the obvious. huh. i think i saw them at sxsw once. i can't quite remember. it was really windy so who knows. 

The broken plane of the obvious landed on a Florida beach this weekend and fortunately no one was injured.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/world-war-ii-era-plane-emergency-landing-cocoa-beach-trnd/index.html

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Guess I should post a link

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I was thinking his chants were pretty lit too.

Seriously, his story would make a good movie. 

image.jpeg.60c866d465466e41045d985a649a3f6e.jpeg

Here’s a depiction of a bird telling Gregory that standardizing the Roman chants across the empire and attributing their composition to the Holy Spirit via the Pope would be a good political move. It was a good political choice and it eventually ended in our modern musical notation system. Smart bird.

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That does it, I'm going to have to start wearing my Good Conduct Medal anytime I'm in a suit.

I think my mom still has some of my middle school UIL medals in a box somewhere that I might start rocking.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
ask your momma
  • Hook 'Em 1

It sickens me that so many Americans are anti-immigration. It's as un-American as you can get, but these racist ass clowns think they're the real patriots.

I normally don't tell people who complain about the status quo in America to get the fuck out, but this group really should. 

Tucker’s argument that they're diluting his voting power is hilariously dumb. You know what else dilutes your voting power even more than immigration? Procreation. Maybe you should rethink your opposition to abortion. 

23 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

There's a new doc on HBO:  Exterminate all the Brutes.  It's pretty timely considering BLM and voter suppression.  But it reminds us this has been a problem for a long, long time, and not just here and not just one race as the victims, but more one race giving the shaft to all others.   It's 4 parts.

This is what a I took away from The Mission but I wasn't sure. That and the Morricone soundtrack which is among the best ever. 

I didn't love the movie, but I did find the idea of civilizing the natives with a peaceful religion that you yourself do not adhere to and then conquering the people the religion enervated to be rather apt. Maybe I should take another look at it.

Years later, I read the first person account of Cortez in Mexico written by contemporary, Bernal Diaz. He was awed by the meso-American cities as he and his comrades hacked up the Aztecs with a coalition of other native tribes. Bloody minded culture meets bloody minded culture with better weapons, better luck, and the gift of plague.

Game. Set. Match.

I'm a white man of Northern European descent, but I'm not of English heritage. Do I count? I want to know before I decide if I'm for this whole America First thing.

26 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Hello sir. Welcome to the Bureau of Identifying Quasi-Anglo-Saxons. Why yes, I did post as "rdcanecutter" back in the day on a Texas site. I remember you too, good to see you.

Oh, you're done? Looks like you passed! Welcome to Anglo-Saxonia. Check the answers? Oh that's not really necessary. I can tell just by looking at a person if they passed or not.

I will be stealing this.

18 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I can't recall ever seeing a vet wear their medals on a civilian suit before, at a wedding . Is that standard? No one should also forget that he was basically given the opportunity to resign instead of facing a court martial. And he was allowed into the Texas State Guard with open arms.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Tucker’s argument that they're diluting his voting power is hilariously dumb. You know what else dilutes your voting power even more than immigration? Procreation. Maybe you should rethink your opposition to abortion. 

Something else that dilutes the voting power for Tucker and his friends?

Diabetes

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can't recall ever seeing a vet wear their medals on a civilian suit before, at a wedding . Is that standard? No one should also forget that he was basically given the opportunity to resign instead of facing a court martial. And he was allowed into the Texas State Guard with open arms.

None of my friends have ever worn their medals on a civilian suit.  It’s fucking weird and reminds me of Russia.  They might wear a lapel pin for something like an airborne badge or a division badge where they might be around others that might have also served, but nothing like all of the medals.  

Also getting into the Texas State Guard isn’t hard.  Shit, they let 65 year-olds enlist.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well, back to business. The "Anglo-Saxon" term isn't completely literal, as we have always accepted Jutes, Frisians, and the occasional Fleming.

Jutes, Frisians? Sure. We're all Gauls. But the Flemish?

I'm sorry. You're America First is not quite First enough for me!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Jutes, Frisians? Sure. We're all Gauls. But the Flemish?

I'm sorry. You're America First is not quite First enough for me!

Son, I tried.

But it looks like you're gonna have to put your mime britches back on and go wander the Latin Quarter in a perpetual state of je ne sais quoi anomie.

No hard feelins. It ain't personal. When me and the missus and our 7 swinish children pass through on our way to Eurodisney, I'll press a crumpled dollar into your withered continental paw, and wish you WELL, VERY LOUDLY, AND SLOWLY, IN ENGLISH, BECAUSE I WANT YOU, TO UNDERSTAND.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Hello sir. Welcome to the Bureau of Identifying Quasi-Anglo-Saxons. Why yes, I did post as "rdcanecutter" back in the day on a Texas site. I remember you too, good to see you.

Well, back to business. The "Anglo-Saxon" term isn't completely literal, as we have always accepted Jutes, Frisians, and the occasional Fleming. For everyone else, we give a lot of credit for effort. Oh no, you can go ahead and leave the Frida Kahlo t-shirt on that you got... where? San Miguel de Allende? Good! That adds 3 Anglo-Saxon points to your score before we even start.

(writes, taps calculator, writes some more)

Good news! You are almost there. All I need is for you to get one of these three questions right. And you can try them all. Ready?

A. Complete this ABBA song: "See that girl, check that scene, dig it, the Dancing ________."

B. When at Taco Bell you choose the _______ sauce because you may be wild, but you're not crazy!

C. Conjugate the verb "to be." You can skip the "thou" form because we aren't living in the ancient Bible days.

(reads cheap paperback, hums.)

Oh, you're done? Looks like you passed! Welcome to Anglo-Saxonia. Check the answers? Oh that's not really necessary. I can tell just by looking at a person if they passed or not.

What about the Baltic States, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia?   Those Latvian chicks are smokin'.