Shitty People (Seditionists and those who encouraged them) Who Get Their Comeuppance - Running Tally

tantric superman

I realized there are more informational threads but I thought maybe a simple one that will keep a running tally of capitol rioters and the people who at least support the mindset that led to that nonsense. 

I think maybe if we limit this to guilty pleas, convictions, and sentences, that would be nice.   Or instances someone refuses service to Ted Cruz.

1.  Jon Schaffer, 53, a member of the Oath Keepers militia group, pleaded guilty to two charges - obstruction of an official proceeding and entering a restricted building with a dangerous weapon.

Schaffer, who is also a heavy metal guitarist in the band Iced Earth, had originally faced six charges including using a chemical irritant designed for grizzly bears on police officers during clashes.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

I realized there are more informational threads but I thought maybe a simple one that will keep a running tally of capitol rioters and the people who at least support the mindset that led to that nonsense. 

I think maybe if we limit this to guilty pleas, convictions, and sentences, that would be nice.   Or instances someone refuses service to Ted Cruz.

1.  Jon Schaffer, 53, a member of the Oath Keepers militia group, pleaded guilty to two charges - obstruction of an official proceeding and entering a restricted building with a dangerous weapon.

Schaffer, who is also a heavy metal guitarist in the band Iced Earth, had originally faced six charges including using a chemical irritant designed for grizzly bears on police officers during clashes.

No man I read on Facebook that none of the people in the Capitol walkthrough had weapons

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

He should be arrested for recording something this bad:

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This thread is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short unless we have some massive threadshitting.

If Colt McCoy and Charlie Strong had shown up to the capitol on 6th January, would they have fought the rioters, or the cops?

• Haha 1

I think that it would be appropriate for every person found guilty of charges from the insurrection and attempted coup should have their mugshot posted in the thread. It should also have a stamp on said mugshot that looks like Gritty with the words “They Found Out” written underneath. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I hope it’s okay to put this here. It’s about the impact shitty people can have on the perceptions of America globally:

America’s global popularity was generally on the upswing after Joe Biden secured his victory in early November. But following the dramatic scenes of a Jan. 6 riot on Capitol Hill — prompted in part by President Donald Trump’s anti-democratic rhetoric rejecting the legitimacy of the 2020 presidential election — those reputational gains have taken a hit. 

According to Morning Consult Political Intelligence polling that tracks sentiment about the United States in 14 other countries, the share of adults with favorable views of the United States is lower in Australia, Canada, India, Mexico, Japan and the United Kingdom than it was when Biden was declared the winner on Nov. 7, while improvements made over the course of two months in France, Italy, South Korea and Spain were largely wiped out after the Capitol riot.

The Jan. 9-18 surveys found that the events of Jan. 6 took the biggest toll on America’s reputation in the United Kingdom, the country responsible for the previous attack on the Capitol during the War of 1812. America’s net favorability — the share with favorable views minus the share with unfavorable views — dropped 22 percentage points among British respondents compared with responses gathered Dec. 27 through Jan. 5. 

Over the same time period, America’s net favorability faced double-digit declines among adults in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea and Spain — all places with much to gain from Biden’s plans to re-engage globally and bolster relationships in Europe and Asia in order to counter the influence of Russia and China.

https://morningconsult.com/2021/01/20/us-global-reputation-capitol-riot-polling/

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks for the bump troll. The reality is America’s reputation took a huge hit on January 6 and deservedly so.

It exposed the fact that the Republican Party was a fascist nihilistic party that believed in nothin and if trump managed to maintain or ever took control again democracy in America was completely finished.