2021 MLS thread

Jive Turkey

Yeah, I'd love for there to be a domestic league here that was worth following. But as it is, I almost feel compelled to not follow because any sort of engagement rewards the insanely stupid ownership, but in actuality, I don't follow MLS because the league is so uninteresting due to the reasons alincoln outlined above.

A couple more thoughts on MLS and the playoff format:

- It should be 4 or 5 teams (1 bye) from each conference playing a home and away leg until a final at a neutral site. (Only because they'd never do what they should actually do and just pit 1 in the East against 1 in the West - old school World Series style. You could even have them play like a 3 game series on aggregate - one home one away one neutral)

- The fact that this is in Portland is one of the dumber things I've seen. 

- The naming is confusing. MLS Cup should refer to the comp as a whole. This should be called the MLS Cup Final or MLS Final. 

Edited by ztejas

On 12/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Good.  F Portland and their trash fans.

Plus, the father of one of NYC's players is on my adult league team.

My sister seems to know Sands’ mom. Maybe from college or something. 

I was pulling for Portland, because they aren’t a Middle Eastern Emirate and TripleHorn lives in Portland, has season tickets (I think), and if I hadn’t missed my flight 7 years ago, he would have taken me to the game that night.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

My sister seems to know Sands’ mom. Maybe from college or something. 

I was pulling for Portland, because they aren’t a Middle Eastern Emirate and TripleHorn lives in Portland, has season tickets (I think), and if I hadn’t missed my flight 7 years ago, he would have taken me to the game that night.

think the parents went to UT if that helps.  Something like 7 of our players are alumni.  Just going with the percentages.

I would have gone for Portland, except for their trash fans during the broadcast.