Shelter in place message in NW Austin?

Brisketexan

Live in NW Hills area, just got a reverse 911 text and call to “shelter in place until the police clear the area.” Any idea what that’s all about?

And just to be safe, I’ve cleared a field of fire in front of my house.

Ok, I lied. I’m really just eating brunch and getting ready to do some work. But, you know, if some zombies are heading my way, I can change my plans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Active shooter at TJ’s at Arboretum.

Mother fucking mother fucker. That’s one of our primary groceries. My wife is there probably 3 times a week.

She is going to flip her shit. I mean....I literally just checked find my friends to make sure she wasn’t there.

Fuck this shit.

Mother fucking mother fucker. That’s one of our primary groceries. My wife is there probably 3 times a week.

She is going to flip her shit. I mean....I literally just checked find my friends to make sure she wasn’t there.

Fuck this shit.

Mea culpa. It was evidently at the apartment complex across from Starbucks right there. Same shopping center. Was talking to a friend that lives in one of the adjacent apartment complexes

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Cool thread 

three people shot dead, gunman on the loose.  Yeah, sorry for being concerned for our fellow Austinites.  

And you'll predictably make deep insights into the gunman, the types of weapons used, and how none of us knows anything close to how much you do about how this all played out.  

Edited by Lobo

Gawd I hope the cops don't shoot him. He's a good kid

lol fuck yourself. There are any number of police shooting threads to go pick this fight in. This thread is for information on a current incident in Austin, on a Texas sports board. Just might be in the vicinity of a few posters, friends, and family. Take your troll bullshit elsewhere.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Why did I think you lived in Houston?  

Anyway, you're right about that greenbelt. I know it well from working right next to it for years.  Not a good area for a shootout because you can't see your background.  Everywhere you look/don't look on a nice Sunday like today...there could be hikers, joggers, kids exploring, etc.  You're in a crowded place, you can evacuate it.  Dense greenbelt like that with lots and lots of easy access points for kids and bikers that don't know what's going on up above.  Could be trouble if this guy wants to play HEAT:  Greenbelt Edition.

16 minutes ago, 3adays said:

KVUE saying the police know who it is. Why are they not offering any description of who to look for? 

They already issued a description.

SHOOTING/STABBING
04/18/21 12:06
(AUSTIN - ) UPDATE: EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES CONFIRMING 3 DECEASED VICTIMS, 2 FEMALES & 1 MALE, SUSPECT IS BLACK MALE ADULT LAST SEEN WEARING HOODIE & BALL CAP. [ASA011]