Shelter in place message in NW Austin?

Brisketexan

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m guessing he’s hiding out in the small patch of wooded area behind the Arboretum Oaks. Between the apartments and 360

I'd whistle and pretend I'm innocently raking leaves around the apartments and pray they didn't notice I don't really have a rake.. 

Pos rep to HookemATL.  Lock it down.  

Guy shoots his way into his family's apartment.  

"So he could get home safely to them?"

No Timmy, so he could murder them.  It's a dangerous world out there.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

This is going to end like that Steiner Ranch Steakhouse shooting.

hadn't thought about story that in a long, long time.  They ended up looking for that guy for like a week, didn't they?  How did he avoid capture for so long?  

$50 says Stephen Broderick stays on the run for awhile for very different reasons.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

hadn't thought about story that in a long, long time.  They ended up looking for that guy for like a week, didn't they?  How did he avoid capture for so long?

Yeah I can't believe it's been 13 years since that happened. Crazy story, shooter was a Iraq/Afghanistan vet iirc and singled out the manager who fired him and thankfully no one else. Calmly left and hid in the woods where he killed himself and they didn't find his body for a while. 

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yeah I can't believe it's been 13 years since that happened. Crazy story, shooter was a Iraq/Afghanistan vet iirc and singled out the manager who fired him and thankfully no one else. Calmly left and hid in the woods where he killed himself and they didn't find his body for a while. 

I guess suicide in the woods would explain why they didn't capture him for so long.  Forgot all the details.  Just that it was really tragic and really hung heavy over that area for many years.  I remember so many of the employees thinking he was gonna do something fucked up for a long time before it happened but nobody would listen.

This would barely make the news in my neighborhood. I always like to guess how close to my house it is before I click on any link about shootings in north Austin. 

We had someone gunned down between the McDonald's and HEB at Rundberg a few nights ago. 

Something is off if the police chopper isn't circling overhead. 

• Haha 1

I can walk to the apartment where the shooting happened in less than five minutes.  My place also backs to a greenbelt/park so I'm sitting here typing with a shotgun within reach.  Never thought about purchasing a handgun as I grew up deer and bird hunting and never had a use for one.  That thought process may change.

2 minutes ago, Nothing To Add said:

I can walk to the apartment where the shooting happened in less than five minutes.  My place also backs to a greenbelt/park so I'm sitting here typing with a shotgun within reach.  Never thought about purchasing a handgun as I grew up deer and bird hunting and never had a use for one.  That thought process may change.

Shotty with slugs or alternating shot and slugs is quite the intrusion ender. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Sounds like a wonderful citizen. 

Chacon said Broderick might have a background in law enforcement but did not confirm.

Records show Broderick, a former Travis County sheriff's office detective, is charged with sexual assault of a child. Broderick was booked into jail in June and spent 16 days behind bars prior to posting bail, which was set at $50,000.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/04/18/3-injured-austin-active-attack-shooter-incident-ems-says/7277348002/

53 minutes ago, Lobo said:

$50 says Stephen Broderick stays on the run for awhile for very different reasons.  

He's a "Hero".  He knows their tactics.  He has the advantage.

Personally, I give him one chance in three.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nothing To Add said:

Unless you're hoping to keep it concealed from kids, you're better off with the shotty. And this will continue to be a very rare occurrence in that part of Austin IMO.

33 minutes ago, Deej said:

This would barely make the news in my neighborhood. I always like to guess how close to my house it is before I click on any link about shootings in north Austin. 

We had someone gunned down between the McDonald's and HEB at Rundberg a few nights ago. 

Something is off if the police chopper isn't circling overhead. 

Especially this year. 

I believe these three murders bring the city of Austin to 26 murders thus far in 2021.  May not sound too bad compared to many places, but if the pace continues, by year's end the city will have had the most murders it's ever recorded. 

I think sometime in the mid 90s the city had 50 or so murders, and that was when it was a lot smaller.

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'll be shocked if they take him into custody because this piece of shit is too much of a coward to face justice.  If he's not dead already, he's sitting in the woods crying right now with a loaded gun in his mouth. 

As you wrote that out, I was thinking...he'd know where they'd put a perimeter. HE can't just show up at a business and blend in.  He's on foot.  There's a growing part of me that thinks they know he won't harm anyone else or that he's almost out of ammo, and they're giving him time to end it himself before he causes more PR damage to the LEO community.  50/50 chance a lone round is heard down in those woods in about an hour.  Dozens of calls pour into the police stating "There's more gunshots in the area."  Within a few minutes, total coincidence, APD reports that situation is fine, no shooter to be worried about, he took his own life.................100 yards from where this all started.  Begging the question, "how the fuck didn't you guys look right there?" 

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Won't anyone think of Tangerine's?

Cougar central for many years. 

Was that the nightclub inside the hotel there or was it the one down by burnet183?

2 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
8 minutes ago, Cajun said:
I just don't wanna live anymore.
Dallas Nite Club AND Cool River are kaput?
fml

My cougar rifle was always loaded when frequenting those establishments.

It's usually best practice to unload pre-hunt, for stamina purposes, but YMMV. 

That Cool River location is a shared work space or some shit now. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

As you wrote that out, I was thinking...he'd know where they'd put a perimeter. HE can't just show up at a business and blend in.  He's on foot.  There's a growing part of me that thinks they know he won't harm anyone else or that he's almost out of ammo, and they're giving him time to end it himself before he causes more PR damage to the LEO community.  

Yeah but how is he supposed to pick up his medal for hitting center mass. 3/5 is a solid showing. 

America, 2021: I get to spend my Sunday with an armed pedophile homicidal cop running around behind my house.  Cool, cool.

I'm giving 2021 even lower ratings than I gave 2020.  This timeline has some real quality control problems, and I would like to speak to the manager.