Plumber rec. hot water heater in sw Austin

Subscribed. Need same. Got a really high quote last week from Plumbmasters. I think I’ll wait until this summer when they are less busy from the winter storm. Texas requires it be done by a licensed plumber and that a permit be pulled by COA. My brother in law installed his own. Anyone here just DIY?

• Like 1

Subscribed. Need same. Got a really high quote last week from Plumbmasters. I think I’ll wait until this summer when they are less busy from the winter storm. Texas requires it be done by a licensed plumber and that a permit be pulled by COA. My brother in law installed his own. Anyone here just DIY?

I was debating getting a friend to install one as well.

I got a quote yesterday from radiant which was more than I expected. They were saying there is some stuff that needs to be done to get it up to code.

Going to look some more

Be sure to pay attention to the access hatch / hole / square spot in the top of your closet, etc. & time to get into position.  A lot of people simply leave the old one up there.  Not saying I would do that, but it has been something I have encountered when doing attic inspections.

Also, it's always a smart move to upgrade the spigot (draining) from plastic to brass.  Won't snap off so easily.

Re: wait for summer, you are paying on time spent.  If the technician has to make repeated exits due to heat & sit around in AC or drinking Gatorade, that's gonna cost you.

Finally, look @ other things in the area that will impede the access once actually IN the attic.