Ricky Williams being Ricky Williams

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I have to think the Heisman people can’t be thrilled with this.  But I’m sure Ricky ran it by his lawyer and everything is legit. 
maybe he can run as mcconahhys lt governor. 

I trust it's pick similar name, get some news coverage, get lawsuit threat from Heisman Trophy Trust, get even more news coverage, change name to your other pick, enjoy free publicity from Heisman folks.

If the Heisman legal team doesn't respond, I'll be surprised.

Edited by n64ra
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-ricky-williams-regret-dolphins-saints-ravens

Ex-NFL star Ricky Williams reveals one regret he has about career

Williams had a stellar career in the NFL with the Saints, Dolphins and Ravens

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News     Published March 9

Ricky Williams ran circles around defenses in the prime of his career with the New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins but never managed to win a Super Bowl.

The Saints traded several draft picks to Washington in 1999 to move up to the No. 5 spot to select the running back, and about three years later he was traded to the Dolphins. Williams abruptly retired in 2004 but made a comeback the following season.

He finished his career with 10,009 rushing yards and 66 rushing touchdowns. He finished up his career with the Baltimore Ravens in 2011. He was named to the Pro Bowl and First-Team All-Pro once -- the 2002 season where he rushed for 1,853 yards and scored 16 touchdowns.

But Williams revealed recently he only had one regret about his NFL playing days.

"I'm not the kind of person that has many regrets. I do have one regret in my football career, and it was that I didn't finish my career as a Dolphin. It would have been great to play my last year in Miami. I probably would have played a couple more years if I stayed in Miami and I would have had the opportunity to become the Dolphins' all-time leading rusher. I was maybe only 400 something yards away," he said during a recent appearance on "The Greg Cote Show Podcast."

"That's something that's going to be hard to live down, that I didn't finish up in Miami. The Saints were great, but I look at my career as being a Miami Dolphin. The way that I came back, the way I was embraced by the fans, I'll always love Dolphins fans and I'll always remember my time as a Dolphin."

In his retirement, Williams has supported the use of marijuana to manage pain after being suspended at times during his NFL career for failing drug tests. In 2018, he launched a line of cannabis products.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, n64ra said:

I trust it's pick similar name, get some news coverage, get lawsuit threat from Heisman Trophy Trust, get even more news coverage, change name to your other pick, enjoy free publicity from Heisman folks.

If the Heisman legal team doesn't respond, I'll be surprised.

Yea it’s a gamble for sorry.  I might not burn the bridge with the Heisman people though.  Look at Tebow over there, he never did anything in the pros but still gets thrown in with the Heisman commercials.  But I’m guessing rocky doesn’t give a shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Club Shay Shay Podcast:  Ricky Williams  (March 2, 2021)

On episode 23, Shannon Sharpe welcomes in 1998 Heisman trophy winner, 2002 NFL rushing yards leader, yoga instructor, astrologer & host of the Curious Questions podcast: Ricky Williams.

Ricky discusses choosing the University of Texas over USC, playing minor league baseball and college football, being drafted by the Saints, signing with Master P’s agency, and his 2002 First-Team All-Pro and Pro Bowl season with the Dolphins.

He talks Shannon through his experience failing two drug tests in Miami, retiring early from the NFL and traveling the world on a journey of self-discovery before returning to the league. He discusses how astrology, yoga, and cannabis have helped him reconnect with his spiritual side, and how his career might have panned out differently if he didn’t receive so much negative attention.

Ricky’s football career is known both for his on-the-field accolades and the heavy media scrutiny over his early retirement. In this honest & candid conversation, Ricky tells his side of the story.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

In conversation with Shannon Sharpe, Ricky Williams revealed that his college girlfriend had cheated on him with his own football team’s backup quarterback. Twitter thinks it was with Major Applewhite whose wife Julie dated Williams in college, but Ricky didn’t name names. Meanwhile, Applewhite himself has not confirmed. We investigate.

https://www.thefocus.news/nfl/major-applewhite-wife/

lol that's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, alincoln said:

Ricky is my favorite Horn of all-time.  Love VY but Ricky is just so much more interesting to me.  His instagram page is great.

Meanwhile, few Longhorns have fallen further in my estimation since leaving Texas than Applewhite.  Douche

Buddy of mine worked for both Herman and Applewhite at Houston. Seemed for all Herman's antics, he could never hold a candle to Applewhite in terms being a pure douche canoe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, alincoln said:

Ricky is my favorite Horn of all-time.  Love VY but Ricky is just so much more interesting to me.  His instagram page is great.

Meanwhile, few Longhorns have fallen further in my estimation since leaving Texas than Applewhite.  Douche

Ricky isn't my favorite longhorn he's my favorite human

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The bottom line is if you have ever truly been an athlete with elite level training, pain and recovery are like breathing.  Alcohol will take the edge of body pains with certainty, but then you have non-training focused calories added wastefully to your daily totals.  Weed works.  It takes the edge off of the pain, and it's no calorie if you can not raid the refrigerator.  Ricky was smart on this, and was ahead of his time.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, horn4life said:

The bottom line is if you have ever truly been an athlete with elite level training, pain and recovery are like breathing.  Alcohol will take the edge of body pains with certainty, but then you have non-training focused calories added wastefully to your daily totals.  Weed works.  It takes the edge off of the pain, and it's no calorie if you can not raid the refrigerator.  Ricky was smart on this, and was ahead of his time.  

athletes getting in trouble for using mj is absurd.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/22/2021 at 6:05 PM, horn4life said:

Ricky was smart on this, and was ahead of his time. 

Lulz. Humans have been smoking cannabis for thousands of years. There have been some who’ve suggested that cannabis was the first domesticated crop and led to agrarian civilization. But Ricky, born in 1977, was a pioneer. Come on, man. If you didn’t know about the medicinal properties of cannabis before Ricky then you were just late to the game. (No disrespect to Ricky. I’m on his side.)

Also, just for fun:

Edited by WhatTheBuck