Mortal Kombat- Get Over Here!

RGBIII

14 hours ago, RGBIII said:

If they were going this route why not go even more in depth and try to do some marvel type shit instead of rushing things. Start with scorpion sub zero movie, call it mortal Kombat fire and ice or some shit, that 7 minutes and last 1 are the best part. I think most people would spend some cash to watch more of that. Then give us a mortal Kombat: outworld and a mortal Kombat: earthrealm to establish those characters and giving the audience some attachment to them and their journey. Then finally you get to the tournament and treat it like the first avengers movie. They have enough lore, characters and a built in fan base to flesh this shit out especially if you give us what the people want at the start! 

This would be cool actually, but it would need a lot of work to get it there. 

I went into this movie thinking it was going to be campy and every bit as cheese as the 90's movie-- what I'm reading and hearing was that a lot of people were surprised at this.

The ONLY reason I thought this movie was worth a watch is because I loved this game as a kid. I loved MKI and MKII and aged out of arcades and games for a time when MKIII came out and you could run with Kabal, etc. but picked it up again later in life on XBOX (Deception and MKX). I appreciated the movie but thought a movie about the actual tournament, and not a prequel, would have been cooler.

Also the most mega lame eye rolling worst part of this movie is introducing a new character who is lame and can't fight as the main protagonist who isn't in any of the games ever. Super weak.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This would be cool actually, but it would need a lot of work to get it there. 

I went into this movie thinking it was going to be campy and every bit as cheese as the 90's movie-- what I'm reading and hearing was that a lot of people were surprised at this.

The ONLY reason I thought this movie was worth a watch is because I loved this game as a kid. I loved MKI and MKII and aged out of arcades and games for a time when MKIII came out and you could run with Kabal, etc. but picked it up again later in life on XBOX (Deception and MKX). I appreciated the movie but thought a movie about the actual tournament, and not a prequel, would have been cooler.

Also the most mega lame eye rolling worst part of this movie is introducing a new character who is lame and can't fight as the main protagonist who isn't in any of the games ever. Super weak.

Ya I don’t get it, just make that dude Johnny Cage or even just use Sonya. There are so many characters, why on earth make a new one, with a lame backstory, lame power etc etc. hell just use Takeda who’s related to Scorpion and is in the games. His shits way cooler too

• Hook 'Em 1

Read that they added this new Cole Young guy (horrible name, still sounds like a shitty country singer)  because they wanted him to represent any new viewers to the movie.  You know the one character asking questions about MK universe in the movie...so new viewers can understand.  Whatever.

And why the teaser for Johnny Cage at the end...he is nothing special or new.  

One of the writers has said he envisions a trilogy.  pre-tournament, tournament, post-tournament.  

I guess I want to see the series keep going instead of repeating the 90s movie plots.  I don't want another movie focusing on introducing Cage and him flirting with Sonya.. But im gona watch it still.

https://collider.com/mortal-kombat-movie-ending-explained/

27 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Read that they added this new Cole Young guy (horrible name, still sounds like a shitty country singer)  because they wanted him to represent any new viewers to the movie.  You know the one character asking questions about MK universe in the movie...so new viewers can understand.  Whatever.

And why the teaser for Johnny Cage at the end...he is nothing special or new.  

One of the writers has said he envisions a trilogy.  pre-tournament, tournament, post-tournament.  

I guess I want to see the series keep going instead of repeating the 90s movie plots.  I don't want another movie focusing on introducing Cage and him flirting with Sonya.. But im gona watch it still.

https://collider.com/mortal-kombat-movie-ending-explained/

I also envision a trilogy: watching this movie, hating this movie, not watching the other movies

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/26/2021 at 11:48 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

You watched and liked this one with shit acting.  They aren't going to try and mess up that formula by hiring actual actors.

The guy who played Scorpion is a legit actor.  He has been in a bunch of stuff.  He was even in the last season of West World.  He is Hollywood's go to guy when they need a samurai character.

Edited by kevwun

I watched it last night.  It did the job of something i could stream while fucking around online and drinking wine.  It was fine-ish. I wished they would have either leaned harder into the Raimi-esque camp or been more serious about establishing a multi movie universe. they split the difference. 

The Aussie actor stole the film. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...