Arlington (area) hotel

Macanudo

Need a place to crash after a day at Six Flags.  It'll be me and one of the Macanudo-ettes.   I don't know the area at all.  Is the area decent right around the park?  There's a fair amount of hotels right around there.  Stay there or somewhere else?  I'd rather not drive all over the Metroplex especially since we'll be tired since we're getting up at 5:00 am to be up there.

Why not go up Friday night you ask.   It's a school field trip and I'm a chaperone.   She has to ride the bus on the way up (don't ask.)   But I 'm allowed to take her home.   Rather than get home at 2:00 in the morning, I'd rather just stay there and get a decent night sleep.    

Did this really warrant it's own thread?  You want recs with some substance on Dallas or Fort Worth or even Arlington?  Fine.  But, starting a thread for "I want to stay in any number of safe, clean, chain hotels close to six flags and all we're doing is sleeping" is pretty worthless.  Don't act like you're some kind of traveler looking to uncover the best kept secrets in Arlington.  You're going to fucking six flags and crashing for one night, admittedly as close to six flags as you can get.  Just pick the cheapest one you can live with, sleep there and go home.  Jesus.

Just stay in Fort Worth. It's 20 minutes away and there are plenty of breakfast places you can check out on the way home on Sunday. In a year or so the Texas Live hotel and entertainment complex will be open by the ballpark but now it is just a shell and a hole in the ground.

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Did this really warrant it's own thread?  You want recs with some substance on Dallas or Fort Worth or even Arlington?  Fine.  But, starting a thread for "I want to stay in any number of safe, clean, chain hotels close to six flags and all we're doing is sleeping" is pretty worthless.  Don't act like you're some kind of traveler looking to uncover the best kept secrets in Arlington.  You're going to fucking six flags and crashing for one night, admittedly as close to six flags as you can get.  Just pick the cheapest one you can live with, sleep there and go home.  Jesus.

Thanks, smart ass.  

I've never been to Arlington.   I have no idea what the area around there is like.  If I use my reference point for where AstroWorld used to be, the hotels in that area can be in some very not nice places.   When I lived down by the Dome/NRG in the early 2000s, there were still a number of rent by the hour type places.    South Main was not the kind of area you really want to stay in. 

So forgive me if i asked a specific question about some place you might be know very well.   I've just never fucking been there.

On the Northwest corner of the I30-360 interchange there is a Hilton, a Hilton Garden Inn, a Residence Inn, and a Hampton Inn. Pick one. Hilton will be most "expensive", the other three are probably all about the same.

Do not stay at Extended Stay America.

If you're just looking for a place to sleep Arlington is perfect for you. Because there's nothing else to do.

22 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Thanks, smart ass.  

I've never been to Arlington.   I have no idea what the area around there is like.  If I use my reference point for where AstroWorld used to be, the hotels in that area can be in some very not nice places.   When I lived down by the Dome/NRG in the early 2000s, there were still a number of rent by the hour type places.    South Main was not the kind of area you really want to stay in. 

So forgive me if i asked a specific question about some place you might be know very well.   I've just never fucking been there.

Yeah because Hiltons and Marriotts are often rent-by-the-hour and located in shitty neighborhoods.

Coincidentally enough, I just stayed at the Comfort Suites on Road to Six Flags Drive, probably 2-3 miles from Six Flags.  The rate was $80 for a suite, clean, free breakfast, small pool.  And they have LHN.  But don't stay in 220, I may have broken the remote when I threw it into the wall when Texas State went ahead on Tuesday night.  I didn't stay up to see us win.  Nice enough neighborhood for one night.

3 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

There is a Sheraton by the ballpark and convention center that has a bar in it and a nice pool.

Back in the day, the Sheraton was where the Rangers opponents would stay. As a youngster seeing Ken Griffey Jr. on the elevator was pretty memorable. Not sure if its still like that, but the pool is nice.

• Like 1