Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

- He didn't doxx anyone.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Incorrect. They even linked the fucking dictionary.  But double down like your boy LBJ. 

I think LBJ's tweet sucked and he should have acknowledged that rather than simply deleted but calling his tweet doxxing is disingenuous. Implicit in that definition is the revealing of information that is otherwise unknown. If he posted the officer's address, phone number, etc., then yes that doxxing. But publishing his picture (when it had already been released by Colombus PD) is not furnishing new information, anymore than talking about Milana Vayntrub in IPIHB is doxxing her.

I don't think LeBron was trying to incite violence, per se. He was trying to incite anger and frustration and pain under the incorrect premise, which he was confident about, that an innocent black girl was shot and killed by a white male police officer and he was absolutely drawing an equivalency to the George Floyd/Chauvin murder and this one and was calling this police officer a murderer.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Like I said earlier, it's exhausting trying to pick a side. Just hate both sides and everything. It's so relaxing to not have to go out of your way to defend something. Oh Lebron, yeah fuck him he's a bitch. Oh the news organizations pumping out dumbass misleading headlines, yeah fuck them to...they're stupid as fuck.

Just sit back and watch bad teammate shit all over a thread when he has no backbone, yeah fuck him. 

Hollywood playing partisan bullshit, fuck him too.

@immamac likely only doing a stream of the spring game in discord instead of a restaurant catered meal for surly, a big fuck you to him as well.

Here let’s try again to see if you can follow the point I am making.

Remember back when protests were happening across the country and a bunch of knuckleheads on this site kept pushing a false narrative that pallets of bricks were being strategically placed throughout D/FW by (I can only assume George Soros)...?

if I drew a Venn diagram of those posters and the ones on here pretending to be outraged by a false narrative designed to stoke division, fear and violence, it would just be one circle.

They love false narratives and division.  They just fucking hate false narratives from “the other side”.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Here let’s try again to see if you can follow the point I am making.

Remember back when protests were happening across the country and a bunch of knuckleheads on this site kept pushing a false narrative that pallets of bricks were being strategically placed throughout D/FW by (I can only assume George Soros)...?

if I drew a Venn diagram of those posters and the ones on here pretending to be outraged by a false narrative designed to stoke division, fear and violence, it would just be one circle.

They love false narratives and division.  They just fucking hate false narratives from “the other side”.

Just let me shit post in peace, k? I only used you as an example for the joke. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Incorrect. They even linked the fucking dictionary.  

And the dictionary definition didn't fit.

He posted a still of a video that was already widely distributed. That's not doxxing. No reasonable definition of "doxxing" includes simply posting a publicly available photo.

Show your work. You’ve asked everyone you disagree with to, now it’s your turn. What did he mean?  

"You're next! #Accountability"

This is a reference to Derek Chauvin, who had just been convicted in a court of law. That's what "next" refers to.

If you disagree, tell me who came before that "next" would refer to. (You won't, because you can't.)

Neither did the orange buffoon. But the thing is, people take what they want from messages.  Think you call it a dog whistle? 

False. Donald Trump explicitly called for violence, both from his followers and from police. And yes, of course, there were the thousands of dog whistles.

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

PacMan; page 12. Also another guy around that same page/time, but I don’t want to dig it up. Both were quick to run away though.

OK cool so maybe two people, neither of whom is still participating.

So no one talking right now thinks Lebron's read was correct.

• Fuck You 1

For all of the complaining about the media, the trio of AP, Reuters, and the BBC seem to have been pretty responsible in their reporting.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ohio-police-kill-teenaged-black-girl-say-media-family-2021-04-21/

https://apnews.com/article/columbus-ohio-police-shooting-teenage-girl-0c04a74691f3f3fb3895d6220c729080

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56825871

For me, I read these three sources regularly (and listen to the PBS Newshour occasionally until you get bored), check out things that don't seem quite right, watch important events in real-time, and generally ignore most other media sources. My life has much less news-related existential angst and I have a much clearer picture of the world. If a news source regularly leaves you angry, worried, or generally worked up about something, that news source might be advocacy instead of news.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

OK cool so maybe two people, neither of whom is still participating.

So no one talking right now thinks Lebron's read was correct.

From what I can tell, that’s correct, officer.

Again, yes, that is right sir.

Are we done here? Can I go home now? Anymore questions and I’d like to talk to my lawyer.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Oh wow, what’s kinda funny but mostly sad is he wasn’t being ironic but seriously thought he was dunking on the cop and then when the cop dunked on him you could literally hear the moment when his feelings got hurt and he looked down and realized he was holding the “L”.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Mole said:

For all of the complaining about the media, the trio of AP, Reuters, and the BBC seem to have been pretty responsible in their reporting.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ohio-police-kill-teenaged-black-girl-say-media-family-2021-04-21/

https://apnews.com/article/columbus-ohio-police-shooting-teenage-girl-0c04a74691f3f3fb3895d6220c729080

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56825871

For me, I read these three sources regularly (and listen to the PBS Newshour occasionally until you get bored), check out things that don't seem quite right, watch important events in real-time, and generally ignore most other media sources. My life has much less news-related existential angst and I have a much clearer picture of the world. If a news source regularly leaves you angry, worried, or generally worked up about something, that news source might be advocacy instead of news.

When more Americans start thinking of "the media" as actual news reporting outfits like these, we'll be much better off.

When you think of anything that features a metric shitton of "pundits" and "contributors" as "the media," you've chosen to ingest shit and then bitch about how shitty it tastes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Just checking back in to see if some Surly thirsty has pulled off the impressive feat of bagging Nicole out of a Daily Cloak Room thread

They couldn't bag FitLump. Why do you think anyone upped their game?

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2021 at 7:25 PM, bad_teammate said:

May of 2020. Your obsession with an athlete on social media is unhealthy and unhelpful. 

His intention here is to express fury at the racially-motivated murder of a black man who was out jogging in a nation whose history finds this sort of behavior by white people A-OK.

You tell me, in specific terms, what you think his intention was.

Also, for bonus points, if you believe Lebron James has been advocating black violence against white people for at least a year, has it actually come to pass?

Why do you say "hoax" like that is an established fact?

Name the evil. Be specific. Be brave. Let us know. Tell the world.

Interracial homicides between blacks and whites

Total: 729

Homicides committed by blacks against whites: 500

Homicides committed by whites against blacks: 229

- Bureau of justice statistics

Interracial Violent Victimization between blacks and whites (2018)

Total: 593,598

Committed by blacks against whites: 537,204

Committed by whites against blacks: 56,394

There’s an estimated 375 million police and civilian interactions. In 2019, 999 ended in shooting fatalities by police (.00003%).

14 to 29 of those (depending on source), not thousands as dumb dumb‘s across America are led to believe, we’re unarmed black men. That’s around .000004%. 

ONLY ONE of those was not attempting to resist or evade arrest. .0000003% (and most of the unarmed were justified like in a case when a cop shoots someone like Michael Brown who was attempting to take a gun while fighting the cop of when a perp is trying to run over a cop). 

Black people represent 13% to the total population yet represent 62% of all armed robberies and over 50% of all homicides. The great majority of that done in the black community.

Yet, this brainwashed moron would have you believe he’s somehow the victim and he needs to be afraid of cops.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There’s an estimated 375 million police and civilian interactions. In 2019, 999 ended in shooting fatalities by police (.00003%).

14 to 29 of those (depending on source), not thousands as dumb dumb‘s across America are led to believe, we’re unarmed black men. That’s around .000004%. 

ONLY ONE of those was not attempting to resist or evade arrest. .0000003% (and most of the unarmed were justified like in a case when a cop shoots someone like Michael Brown who was attempting to take a gun while fighting the cop of when a perp is trying to run over a cop). 

What does black-on-white/white-on-black crime have to do with the police-on-civilian side of things?

You just have your racist litany and you have to spew it.

Black people represent 13% to the total population yet represent 62% of all armed robberies and over 50% of all homicides. The great majority of that done in the black community.

Yet, this brainwashed moron would have you believe he’s somehow the victim and he needs to be afraid of cops.  

It's funny when someone is too racist to understand their own logic.

According to your statistics, the most victimized group of people, both by police and non-police, are black Americans. A black American is more likely to be robbed or beaten or killed.

You're going to go straight to "WELL IT'S BLACK PEOPLE DOING IT!" without even stopping to think, because your racism is so deep it's a reflex.

This thread has has morphed into a commentary on media in today’s climate in general with a significant focus on social media, not another cop killing an innocent African American. On the one hand, it’s comforting to see that virtually everyone is in agreement that the police officer was right in this case. The biggest problem to come out of this case was irresponsible reporting and reaction to this situation before all the facts came to light.

There are a lot of fresh wounds in the wake of the Chauvin-Floyd murder and the Kenosha shooting. The last thing we need are uninformed people or people with ulterior motives taking to Twitter to stoke more racial tension. The Columbus situation did not warrant riots or protests. Ohio State didn’t need to shut down. 

Lebron James was the most visible critic to speak out of ignorance but there were too many others who did the same. It’s going to be a lot harder to heal as a nation and continue to make strides in eliminating racism when there are a lot of people who have a personal interest in keeping our country divided (on both sides) with a platform on Twitter. This case is more about the evils of social media than racism.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Do those facts address black folks, and cop interactions ? Or black folks and realtors, or job applicants, mortgage applicants.  I don't doubt that your stats are correct about violence between black and white folks,  but that climate has been created by a society, and institutions that have shunned, and segregated an entire segment of its population for 3 centuries.  That's the gist of his we're hunted comment, and he sure seems to be correct.  

That a black mother, and father have to teach their kids how to interact with a cop to not get shot is disgusting. Our biggest worry as white parents is that our sons don't get girls pregnant or vice versa.

I'll also say with some of the videos we're seeing now that black folks and other racial groups (except Asians of course) in general are ignoring orders from cops which is exacerbating the overall situation.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What does black-on-white/white-on-black crime have to do with the police-on-civilian side of things?

You just have your racist litany and you have to spew it.

It's funny when someone is too racist to understand their own logic.

According to your statistics, the most victimized group of people, both by police and non-police, are black Americans. A black American is more likely to be robbed or beaten or killed.

You're going to go straight to "WELL IT'S BLACK PEOPLE DOING IT!" without even stopping to think, because your racism is so deep it's a reflex.

Sheesh you're a fucking idiot, just stop posting.

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That a black mother, and father have to teach their kids how to interact with a cop to not get shot is disgusting.

Do you insinuate if white or Mexican folks grab for police guns, or dig around pockets when instructed not do, or drive their cars towards police, or are in the act of stabbing someone else.... that they won’t be shot ???

And do you these things are not obvious that they require instruction from the parents?

(In fact, the parents are probably to blame for most of these incidents.)

I don’t see how any of this has to do with being black or another color. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Do you insinuate if white or Mexican folks grab for police guns, or dig around pockets when instructed not do, or drive their cars towards police, or are in the act of stabbing someone else.... that they won’t be shot ???

And do you these things are not obvious that they require instruction from the parents?

(In fact, the parents are probably to blame for most of these incidents.)

I don’t see how any of this has to do with being black or another color. 

Not sure where you're getting that from my post. My wife nor I ever had to have a talk with our son about interactions with police. We never had to worry about him being shot when he left the house.  There is for damn sure a problem out there between law enforcement, and minorities. It's not 100% cops fault, but the issue is systemic in the police profession with racial profiling that leads to events like we're seeing.  

There is simply no denying that our society at large is responsible for the alienation of blacks from main stream society for centuries, and it's now reaping some ugly dividends.  

Yep parents probably are to blame for many of those kids issues , because A. they may only have 1 parent,  B. that parent is probably working 2 jobs or more and is never there, C. there are issues with the parents and drugs, D-Z.  A whole host of issues can be attributed, and many of them come from societies marginalization  of certain minorities. Those same reasons play into why black kids often do poorly in school.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not sure where you're getting that from my post. My wife nor I ever had to have a talk with our son about interactions with police. We never had to worry about him being shot when he left the house.  There is for damn sure a problem out there between law enforcement, and minorities.

That sentence bakes in an assumption that black people get shot for merely being black. 

Which is not supported by facts. 

As a minority, my parents have not needed to talk to me about police interactions either. Because it’s fucking obvious that when under arrest (which I’ve been), I shouldn’t try to wrestle against the police and reach for their arms. 

And if I did, I would be shot, but that would not be on the grounds of my race, and it would not be proof of racial prejudice. 

There are exemptions, but the exemptions does not prove the case. 

Like when there are literally 10 Million arrests per year (of all colors). And of those, there are 1000 shooting deaths (of all colors). And if maybe 2, 3, are unjustified. That does not support a claim of widespread color-targeted brutality. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

It’s going to be a lot harder to heal as a nation and continue to make strides in eliminating racism when there are a lot of people who have a personal interest in keeping our country divided (on both sides) with a platform on Twitter.

Sorry, are you saying that lebron has a personal interest in keeping the country divided? Or did you mean clickbait news? 

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

That sentence bakes in an assumption that black people get shot for merely being black. 

Which is not supported by facts. 

As a minority, my parents have not needed to talk to me about police interactions either. Because it’s fucking obvious that when under arrest (which I’ve been), I shouldn’t try to wrestle against the police and reach for their arms. 

And if I did, I would be shot, but that would not be on the grounds of my race, and it would not be proof of racial prejudice. 

There are exemptions, but the exemptions does not prove the case. 

Like when there are literally 10 Million arrests per year (of all colors). And of those, there are 1000 shooting deaths (of all colors). And if maybe 2, 3, are unjustified. That does not support a claim of widespread color-targeted brutality. 

Not trying to say it's an across the board fact, and my comments are a bit generalized, and your results may vary. That it doesn't happen everywhere is gratifying, and expected, but it does happen, and we have too many examples to say it's isolated to just a few.

A loss of respect for cops isn't a one way street, it's caused by how police interact with citizens as well.  if a cop says jump to me I'm gonna say how high sir.  Do it, and get on with my life.  Lots of those interactions we read about wouldn't end up deadly if that was everyones response (even if it pisses you off) I'm betting.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Sorry, are you saying that lebron has a personal interest in keeping the country divided? Or did you mean clickbait news? 

C'mon man Lebron has no interest in keeping the country divided, he's working on his MVP status.  It's click bait news, and people with agendas (politically and otherwise) that do that.  

Captaincunt was funny too, ya gotta laugh, I am..

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

This thread has has morphed into a commentary on media in today’s climate in general with a significant focus on social media, not another cop killing an innocent African American. On the one hand, it’s comforting to see that virtually everyone is in agreement that the police officer was right in this case. The biggest problem to come out of this case was irresponsible reporting and reaction to this situation before all the facts came to light.

There are a lot of fresh wounds in the wake of the Chauvin-Floyd murder and the Kenosha shooting. The last thing we need are uninformed people or people with ulterior motives taking to Twitter to stoke more racial tension. The Columbus situation did not warrant riots or protests. Ohio State didn’t need to shut down. 

Lebron James was the most visible critic to speak out of ignorance but there were too many others who did the same. It’s going to be a lot harder to heal as a nation and continue to make strides in eliminating racism when there are a lot of people who have a personal interest in keeping our country divided (on both sides) with a platform on Twitter. This case is more about the evils of social media than racism.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Never watched that show in my life, but Marcellus seems 100x better than Acho.

The contrast is pretty interesting and one that as a random white guy jumps out at me fairly often with these racial issues. Marcellus is the black guy from the real hood (South Central) that still made a comfortable life who typically downplays racism or at least doesn’t always look to that as the reason for everything.  

Manny is the guy who I’m pretty sure had a stable childhood (just going off Nigerian heritage and St Marks high school) that is more likely to see racism as behind a lot of what happens. I mean he hosted a bachelor show where a white chick who was trying to marry a black dude was shamed for being racist. Wtf. As an outsider it strikes me as overcompensating. A lot of these activists seem the same but for different reasons besides stable upbringing. Maybe they’re mixed race. Or married to a white chick or something. Just what I see. 

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Fuck the media !  They're a huge part of the problem.  What's really fucking funny is there are posters here (the cabal specifically) that think their news sources are 100% accurate, get their facts straight all the time, have no agenda, and when they screw up admit it. I'm still laughing about the last one. Typically when sources like the NYT even consider a retraction it's buried on page 12, section F next to the grocery store coupons in 5pt. print.  

This latest shooting of a knife wielding girl is still being painted as a cop murder in many of the large mainstream news orgs, by their commentators, editorialists, tweeters and twatters.  

On 4/23/2021 at 9:47 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

see you can´t do it. and here's why: you aren't at all concerned with false narratives, and you certainly don't give a fuck about people with power using their voices to stoke hatred and division. in fact, you actually love it. when it's your side, you gobble that shit up. and when it's the other side, you do the same (this thread will have a 100+ pages when it's all done, filled with angry white guys feigning outrage that someone would dare push a false narrative to stoke division!!!). this is your favorite type of mud to wallow in. it's why the majority of your posts are in topics rife with other side-isms and enough grey area to push whatever narrative casts blame on that other side.

you are exactly what you are: a complete fucking hypocrite. stop telling us you actually care about things like responsibility and truth. you don't give a flying fuck.

And this is why I’m an ideologue and not a partisan. Because I can have contempt for Trump the dickhead stoking animus on Twitter and also blast Lebron when he is just so wrong headed on Twitter. 
there are some who actually can look beyond party ID on here. Interestingly enough- bad teammate is one of them. I mean - it doesn’t mean his opinions aren’t fantastically terrible (they are) but they aren’t fantastically terrible in a partisan way and that’s at

least somewhat interesting and intellectually honest. 

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

He nailed my feelings exactly on Lebron. Good heart- done lots of good, probably well intentioned but way to eager to be first and properly calibrated on his agenda and not as interested in being right. 
he’s looking for facts to fit his view and ignoring differentiations when it doesn’t help his agenda. 
And that hurts people and what he’s trying to accomplish along the way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1