Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

On 4/24/2021 at 3:04 PM, sheeeit said:

If anyone wants to really see who the racist is here, all they have to do is go back to the eyes of Texas thread.  in that thread, our man BT, has the following:

1) Started off by saying that the eyes of Texas was racist because our black football players thought it was.

2) Said that the singing of the eyes was white people forcing a black players to stand and listen to them sing a racist song.
3) Then, after being questioned, admitted that he personally did not think that the song was racist but that he could understand how someone might think that way and so we shouldn’t be singing it.

4) Then after further being pressed, he admitted that he still sings the song at birthday parties and gatherings with his friends. He said he sings it at weddings and that it will be played at his funeral. I think he even admitted that if and when it is played next season he will sing along.

So who exactly is the racist? I would contend that someone like BT is the actual racist and even more sinister.  He has absolutely no character or conviction. What a fabulous generalization. He says that our black players have every right to be offended by the song and that we must acknowledge that if they think this song is racist then it must be while at the same time fully admitting that he is going to continue singing the song any chance he gets with his friends.  Closeted racists are way more troublesome and sinister than the open ones.

If this was CR, you could call him a chickenshit racist. But since this isn't CR, you can't call him a chickenshit racist. 👍🏿

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Go ahead, flout convention....

And this one time...at Band Camp...I stuck a flout in her convention.  It was surprisingly well attended, probably the open bar. 

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Congratulations to all. This thread, in less than a week, has garnered more posts from this community and more outrage by certain participants than both the Ahmad Aubery and Breonna Taylor threads both of which had ongoing conversations that lasted for months.

What much is there to debate about those two shootings?  One was a murder.  One was a bad screw up.  

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

What much is there to debate about those two shootings?

One was a murder of which there was much to discuss regarding whether the victim was actually just jogging, whether he entered the construction site, what the intentions of the murderers was, the details of the video and why it was shot, the lack of charges by the local DA, and racism in general.

One was a bad screw up, which brought on discussions of no-knock raids, the general lack of accountability in policing, the use of tactics by police, Breeona's relationship with the drug dealer, her relationship with that other guy, the kinetics and physics of bullets passing through walls, racism, and who shot at whom first.

There's less to debate about this shooting. You'll notice everything mentioned above orbited around the actual details and potential motivations of the mentioned event. Also, there's no real debate on the specific facts.

What's happening here is an old-man-yells-at-clouds grievance rage at the reaction of a handful of media personalities, and the false "narrative" (yes, I said it) that some vague notion of THE MEDIA is a dishonest monolith with a sinister agenda when in fact it is a perfectly shattered mirror, reflecting every facet of our fast-changing and diverse culture which I think is at the heart of the on-going discussion. 

This is a debate about our country's rapidly evolving culture and is an expression of visceral fear and anger about who's telling the American Story.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

There's less to debate about this shooting. You'll notice everything mentioned above orbited around the actual details and potential motivations of the mentioned event. Also, there's no real debate on the specific facts.

What's happening here is an old-man-yells-at-clouds grievance rage at the reaction of a handful of media personalities, and the false "narrative" (yes, I said it) that some vague notion of THE MEDIA is a dishonest monolith with a sinister agenda when in fact it is a perfectly shattered mirror, reflecting every facet of our fast-changing and diverse culture which I think is at the heart of the on-going discussion. 

This is a debate about our country's rapidly evolving culture and is an expression of visceral fear and anger about who's telling the American Story.

• Fuck You 1

56 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Definitely NO agenda in that statement whatsoever.....

Completely false and damaging statement purposefully scripted to cause maximum outrage and feed the narrative  

To be fair, all those real estate properties aren’t going to pay for themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Diaspora. (Look it up).

There are people willing to die and charging at walls to come here to work jobs most of us won’t touch. Does Lebron weigh in on the border? Does he care that people are children are dying? Where does all this community money go to?  All this donated money we here about go to? Government money? Nowhere I guess? 

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Diaspora. (Look it up).

There are people willing to die and charging at walls to come here to work jobs most of us won’t touch. Does Lebron weigh in on the border? Does he care that people are children are dying? Where does all this community money go to?  All this donated money we here about go to? Government money? Nowhere I guess? 

wut.

• Haha 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Sounds like he was driving. The article didn’t make it seem like he was fleeing, just that he was driving away.    Was serving a warrant on meth, crack, and heroin sales from an informant buy, per article.  

Is this (holy shit saying is this the one) where all the cops basically were fired and or resigned? 

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sounds like he was driving. The article didn’t make it seem like he was fleeing, just that he was driving away.    Was serving a warrant on meth, crack, and heroin sales from an informant buy, per article.  

For what it's worth, we still haven't seen the actual warrant. And if you ask the Tuttles, they'll tell you how cops sometimes lie to secure a warrant.

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Is this (holy shit saying is this the one) where all the cops basically were fired and or resigned? 

Of course nobody was fired. Seven were put on paid vacation administrative leave, and three resigned.

Edited by Captainant
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Captainant said:

For what it's worth, we still haven't seen the actual warrant. And if you ask the Tuttles, they'll tell you how cops sometimes lie to secure a warrant.

Of course nobody was fired. Seven were put on paid vacation administrative leave, and three resigned.

So ten people total? Should we start another thread? 

2 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

By shooting the girl with the knife did the cop not save a black life?

Probably not, no.
The likelihood that girl-in-pink would have died from a stab wound or two received before Bryant could've been taken down non-lethally is pretty low.

I realize this statement of common sense will be jumped on as me saying the officer shouldn't have shot Bryant. That's not what it means at all, it's just pointing out the obvious reality that stabbings are very often not actually fatal.

Let the bad faith misrepresentations begin...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

This is maybe a good idea? 

the topic isn't about police brutality. it's about a false narratives and their danger to an already fractured society.

we've got some really astute posters who are always seeking the truth, and go out of their way to make sure false narratives aren't perpetuated.

this is their thread to shine.

• Haha 1

Probably not, no.
The likelihood that girl-in-pink would have died from a stab wound or two received before Bryant could've been taken down non-lethally is pretty low.
I realize this statement of common sense will be jumped on as me saying the officer shouldn't have shot Bryant. That's not what it means at all, it's just pointing out the obvious reality that stabbings are very often not actually fatal.

I’ve only gone back a few pages so sorry if this has been discussed, but the Ma’Khia Bryant story could have ended up like this one, where indeed a stabbing turned fatal. IMO deadly force is warranted where another human is in imminent danger from another one wielding a knife. But this story is probably not gaining national attention because police were not involved.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/we-are-devastated-13-year-old-girl-killed-in-stabbing-was-cps-student/ar-BB1fRuMa?fbclid=IwAR38bVxstA9tbbZ2shOfbCdvKU2yT9ZLXBPGDOp_mCU1HJIYfmdIGkVmRJg

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Probably not, no.

See, this is why I don't get the bad_teammate hate. You are 100% smack-on:

• Odds are that a stab or two wouldn't immediately kill the girl.
  • Odds are that she would have gotten medical attention sooner rather than later.
  • Even still, even if the odds are 1% that this lady would have gotten caught in the jugular, lethal force was justified because the stabbing was imminent as shown by video evidence, ergo, the cop was right to shoot this girl before she stabbed the other.
  • We should solemnly acknowledge a job well done in a very tough situation and in a situation that is unenviable and probably causes a healthy person some sort of psychological trauma because it's hard and unfortunate, even if necessary and good in this situation. 

^^ Saying the above should not be something to be harassed about.

Instead we get "feel so bad for that lil gurl cuz mayne I hate cops, know tombout?" all over social media, with King James giving his flavor of it last week (though his taking the Big L for it gives me lulz because it's funny to watch ego-maniacs wiggle out of being humbled).

Similar incident. 

If you attack people with a deadly weapon and you are stopped by another deadly weapon... welp that's how the cookie crumbles!

But if you're a cop you have other options in that scenario. Shooting the guy is legally justifiable, but that doesn't mean it was the only (or even right) choice to make.

25 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

another black person shot saturday.  it was a routine traffic stop because license plate tagged to another car.  why do cops need guns for routine traffic stops?  obv because theyre racist.

So suicide by cop, no?   Dude appeared to try everything he could to get shot. Wtf.