Houston BBQ

mbtex

Tried Brisket & Rice for lunch today. Good stuff and not too far from me.

I actually figured Patricio Swayze was probably there, but I forgot the Surly call sign. Muledick? Is that what we're supposed to yell?

No, you are supposed to stand up on a table and present your paystub to the entire restaurant (assuming you didn’t drive a 2003 corvette to said establishment.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 7:24 PM, Hornbeliever said:

I have a 50/20/20/10/0 ratio for eating my BBQ at Truth/Pinkertons/Feges/Rudys/Goode Co and that order matches what I think the quality and consistency of BBQ is.  

Truth is best but most inconvenient.  I've had 2 average meals there I would say.  But that is a very high batting average given how much I go.

I havent had bad meal at Pinkerton's but their best doesn't match Truth.

Feges  and Rudy's pretty convenient so that's why they are still in rotation.  Goode Co = sucks.

Ate some bbq that was provided for me today. It was so mediocre (brisket) and plain bad (sausage) that I found it hard to not complain about free food. I would have rather paid myself for something more appetizing.

I asked where did this crappy bbq come from? You guessed it: Goode Co.

On 11/5/2023 at 9:50 PM, BeardIP said:

Ate some bbq that was provided for me today. It was so mediocre (brisket) and plain bad (sausage) that I found it hard to not complain about free food. I would have rather paid myself for something more appetizing.

I asked where did this crappy bbq come from? You guessed it: Goode Co.

Years ago, they were the only place in town with smoked duck. Side of jambalaya. Terrific meal.

After they dropped duck, I stopped going. The cantina, and especially the taqueria still slam. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're popping up Sunday at Lil' Danny Speedo's Go Fly a Kite Lounge, less than a mile from our future home. Grave City will be spinning vinyl, booze will be flowing and games will be on the tvs. Come hang and enjoy the day. 

Lil' Danny Speedo's Go Fly a Kite Lounge 
823 Dumble St 
2pm till sold out.

IMG_8315.jpeg