Indonesian Navy has "lost" a submarine

Gil Bang

Damn brah, they come with a bow to screw warranty....

Found in three pieces at 838 meters, over 4 times crush depth.

I assume they went down soon after submerging, and that whatever went wrong led to a non-drawn out end.

The sounds as it creaked and moaned its way to the bottom before implosion must have been terrifying. And maybe all done in pitch dark.

RIP

Indonesian Navy claiming some underwater, undetectable wave took the sub down. “Nothing they could do.”  I’m sure the navy leaders will peddle this bs story to avoid blame. With little investigation underway, they are saying this internal wave is the likely cause of the accident.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-30/indonesian-submarine-may-have-been-hit-by-internal-wave/100102816

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Indonesian Navy claiming some underwater, undetectable wave took the sub down. “Nothing they could do.”  I’m sure the navy leaders will peddle this bs story to avoid blame. With little investigation underway, they are saying this internal wave is the likely cause of the accident.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-30/indonesian-submarine-may-have-been-hit-by-internal-wave/100102816

Or maybe it could have needed repairs and a crack developed from corrosion and metal fatigue. Nah, underwater waves.... which for now we will call currents.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2021 at 7:47 PM, Gatorubet said:

Found in three pieces at 838 meters, over 4 times crush depth.

I assume they went down soon after submerging, and that whatever went wrong led to a non-drawn out end.

The sounds as it creaked and moaned its way to the bottom before implosion must have been terrifying. And maybe all done in pitch dark.

RIP

Awful to contemplate. RIP Sailors.