Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I started the fire Shaka thread on the Shag in year 2 so this seems fair I get to start this. 
We’ve got a thread to follow The Ricktator from afar- now we have one to point and laugh at Shaka Smart. 

Does this mean you're the next generation shadow operative

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

queen text GIF

there can be only one!!! I expect a fight to the death between all 3, purely for our own benefit and sporting pleasure...

The real question is who gets to pick the weapons and will it be some combination of dildos and/or butt plugs...

let's check in with some Marquette fans:

281B0AA0-D6E4-4389-B44E-C99D222D21A9.jpeg

"few mistakes and TO's on offense." uh, did this dude not watch the game against ACU? lol

then there's this guy:

4932D2FD-6823-4E08-92D5-FD01AD4F5CAB.jpeg

and finally, my favorite:

BEA576B4-6422-4086-AFF5-BE6D2FF64EAE.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886haih9w8zl261ih93d8

holy shit that last one couldn't be further from the truth. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I started the fire Shaka thread on the Shag in year 2 so this seems fair I get to start this. 
We’ve got a thread to follow The Ricktator from afar- now we have one to point and laugh at Shaka Smart. 

We sure have come a long way since you clicked "post" and we all watched the last four years play out exactly as we thought it would.

In for some Shakafreude.  There's been a small void in my sports life ever since USF fired Strong. Off to a fine start getting worked by Mike Woodson on the recruiting trail. 

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lame, sure. But keeps talk (read: Derka rants) about Shaka’s failures off the new season thread. 

"Derka rants". someone in that thread said that Shaka did a great job developing talent and listed several specific examples of this supposed talent development. i then replied to that guy and you've been crying about it ever since, referring to it as me ranting about Shaka. get out of your feelings and stop whining over nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

"Derka rants". someone in that thread said that Shaka did a great job developing talent and listed several specific examples of this supposed talent development. i then replied to that guy and you've been crying about it ever since, referring to it as me ranting about Shaka. get out of your feelings and stop whining over nothing. 

You posted a giant missive in a thread about  Beard’s first season. Both of you posted in a thread it didn’t belong.

Calm down Nancy. Get it all off your chest here until the sun explodes. Just like the Rick Barnes thread is reserved for your love notes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

You posted a giant missive in a thread about  Beard’s first season. Both of you posted in a thread it didn’t belong.

Calm down Nancy. Get it all off your chest here until the sun explodes. Just like the Rick Barnes thread is reserved for your love notes. 

why does it upset you that a thread drifted off topic for a few posts? literally every thread on this website that's as long and ongoing as that one invariably drifts off into an array of side discussions throughout the course of the thread. why do you care? at least me and this other guy were talking about UT basketball and UT basketball players. all you did was whine about it. so who messed up that thread with their posts? me and the other guy, or you? 

8 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

We sure have come a long way since you clicked "post" and we all watched the last four years play out exactly as we thought it would.

In for some Shakafreude.  There's been a small void in my sports life ever since USF fired Strong. Off to a fine start getting worked by Mike Woodson on the recruiting trail. 

Shakafreude- i love it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I’m going to thoroughly enjoy rooting against Shaka. Can you imagine how tucking awful our team would be next year if he were the coach? We’d struggle to win 10 games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m going to thoroughly enjoy rooting against Shaka. Can you imagine how tucking awful our team would be next year if he were the coach? We’d struggle to win 10 games. 

I won’t root against him because I also don’t root against Strong or Barnes or Mack. I’ll laugh at them for failing. But I don’t watch and root against them unless they play Texas or their loss helps us somehow in terms of seeding/rankings. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

All I know is Shaka went out with 10x more dignity than Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, and Tom Herman...combined.  He cost us a shitton of money and momentum, but in the end...he was a standup guy.  I wish him and his family well.  

I would say that three years from now, we'll barely remember his tenure here...but I think the simulation has a surprise for us in 2021.  In the Big XII/Big East Challenge, we'll conveniently draw (with ESPN producers 'handling the random selection'), the Golden Eagles of Marquette.  

First- shakafreude is greatness. You magnificent bastards never fail amaze

Second- amazing pulls from the Warrior board Derka- it’s hard to imagine anyone being more wrong than that 

third- it’s easy to imagine what this team would look like next year with Shaka as a head coach- we lived through it in year 2. 11-22. Though to be fair- the team this year would have been worse but that’s equivalent to arguing over if you’d rather have sex with the first contestant or the second contestant on my 600 pound life 

Fourth- I would argue Chernobyl and not 3 mike island @longhornmatt but I love the analogy and like where your heart is at. 

finally- @Lobo you might be right about Shaka being “classy” I think it was purely about moving on while he could before his coaching career was ended for good, but the motherfucker stole 6 years of my UT basketball life and made me stop watching the team for the last 3 years, so fuck him I hope he loses every game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lobo said:

All I know is Shaka went out with 10x more dignity than Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, and Tom Herman...combined.  He cost us a shitton of money and momentum, but in the end...he was a standup guy.  I wish him and his family well.  

I would say that three years from now, we'll barely remember his tenure here...but I think the simulation has a surprise for us in 2021.  In the Big XII/Big East Challenge, we'll conveniently draw (with ESPN producers 'handling the random selection'), the Golden Eagles of Marquette.  

i don't wish ill on Shaka Smart the human being, but i absolute will laugh my ass off and feel a little joy if/when that guy out-recruits everyone else in the Big East, only to field bubble teams that routinely lose close games while running sets and employing principles which do not mesh with the talent on the roster. he came to Austin and shit all over our program while being an inaccessible, insincere, what was it- "weird guru huckster". yeah. that. i have every right to laugh at his future professional failings if i want to. 

And that's fair.  That's what'll always be so baffling about him.  He inherited guys that didn't fit with his system but somehow made them run his system.  Then he gets along in tenure and recruits guys that better fit his system and doesn't run his system.  All the while, getting what...5 or 6 guys into the league via draft/UDFA?  He's an enigma wrapped in a non-compete clause.  

31 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I can’t really feel bitterness about Shaka too much.  I don’t like our basketball program tanking under his watch, and he seems like a weird guru huckster.  But he didn’t shit on us on the way out and probably cooperated with allowing us to work around his buyout and get Beard.

Charlie is the one who aggravates me most. Herman was also an ass, but he’s faded into the ether pretty quickly. I know Mack was a bitch at the end, but at least he gave us good memories for years.  Charlie made us a laughingstock, had the nerve to talk about the cake being baked while he left us with a shit roster that just lost to Kansas, acted like he got a raw deal, and then fucked us over on purpose with a below market rate salary from USF so we’d pay more in buyout.  

That dude basically defrauded us, literally tried to defraud Oklahoma State with lying about Wickline’s job title so we wouldn’t pay his buyout, turned everything to a chaotic dumpster fire, took no responsibility, and people still go out of their way to talk about what a great man he is as a preface to their begrudgingly acknowledging he wasn’t a good coach.   WTF.

reface_1619057117529_582.gif

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

What exactly did Charlie Strong do to leave without dignity? Lose to KU is easily on the same level as losing to ACU on a apples to oranges comparison of two sports, except the ACU game was actually meaningful.

Mack Brown was a colossal asshole on his way out, not sure what Herman did either. He took his firing like a man, and his post firing press release was easily the best thing he did at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

First- shakafreude is greatness. You magnificent bastards never fail amaze

Second- amazing pulls from the Warrior board Derka- it’s hard to imagine anyone being more wrong than that 

third- it’s easy to imagine what this team would look like next year with Shaka as a head coach- we lived through it in year 2. 11-22. Though to be fair- the team this year would have been worse but that’s equivalent to arguing over if you’d rather have sex with the first contestant or the second contestant on my 600 pound life 

Fourth- I would argue Chernobyl and not 3 mike island @longhornmatt but I love the analogy and like where your heart is at. 

finally- @Lobo you might be right about Shaka being “classy” I think it was purely about moving on while he could before his coaching career was ended for good, but the motherfucker stole 6 years of my UT basketball life and made me stop watching the team for the last 3 years, so fuck him I hope he loses every game. 

Yeah, Lobo’s take only works if you didn’t actually watch the much of the games Shaka coached. I don’t hold any ill will towards him as a person but he made UT basketball miserable for me for years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah it was miserable.  Just trying to look on the bright side while also pointing out what cuntvags some of our other departing coaches were around the same time. I have plenty of posts in other threads about Dhaka’s shortfall as a hoops Coach 

I'll laugh at Shaka from a basketball point of view, but he'll probably do OK.  Big East is more his speed.  he's kind of a "whatever" beyond that.  the dude is probably rich beyond his wildest imagination due to Texas so he's pretty much set unless he's a huge douchebag fuckup(which he doesn't seem to be).

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah it was miserable.  Just trying to look on the bright side while also pointing out what cuntvags some of our other departing coaches were around the same time. I have plenty of posts in other threads about Dhaka’s shortfall as a hoops Coach 

Also I got a smarmy arrogance vibe from him, but that easily could have been colored by my hating worthless ass for ruining college hoops for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think it was my conversation Derka was referring to regarding Shaka’s player development. For clarity, I don’t think he is “great”. But I also don’t think he is horrific. I would rate him maybe a 6/10. Whatever though. Opinions vary. Glad Shaka is gone.

His departure was about a best case scenario. Gives us a Big 12 Tourney Title and then GTFO. If he beats ACU, he is probably still here.

It is going to enrage me when he goes back to Havok with Marquette. And you all know it is gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also I got a smarmy arrogance vibe from him, but that easily could have been colored by my hating worthless ass for ruining college hoops for me. 

nah- based on the stories from the Barnes holdovers and my own personal experience meeting Shaka, he definitely is an arrogant person who thinks very highly of himself. it's an extremely grating personality trait. see: Tom Herman. 

8 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Lame.  I hope he does well.  

Well I fucking hoped he did well for 6 fucking years while he was coaching my Longhorns. 

Except for the last two games of the NiT in 2019, nearly every time we faced UNC, and the first half of this season, he sucked ass. (Including out TWO whole games in this year’s Big 12 Tournament. 
-Tech had no business finishing that game one point from us.
-Oklahoma State was spent and I could have coached our well-rested guys to a win in the final.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

What exactly did Charlie Strong do to leave without dignity? Lose to KU is easily on the same level as losing to ACU on a apples to oranges comparison of two sports, except the ACU game was actually meaningful.

Mack Brown was a colossal asshole on his way out, not sure what Herman did either. He took his firing like a man, and his post firing press release was easily the best thing he did at Texas.

Shaka did whine about attendance and lack of support in his first week after leaving for Marquette, so he didn’t leave without shitting on his way out, but...

None of the other coaches did as much to fuck the school, the program, and the next coach like Butter-Fucking-Teeth Mack Fucking Brown. That bitter bitch should have been whacked.

I ALWAYS pull for UNC to lose, but they are buying players like crazy in Chapel Hill and are expected to be quite good this year. 

Unless Shaka gets a strong assistant coach, his teams in Milwaukee should suck, because he can’t coach AND his recruiting will take a major hit.

Exhibit A: Tamar Bates

13 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Lame.  I hope he does well.  

12 hours ago, Js1 said:

I won’t root against him because I also don’t root against Strong or Barnes or Mack. I’ll laugh at them for failing. But I don’t watch and root against them unless they play Texas or their loss helps us somehow in terms of seeding/rankings. 

Congrats to y’all motherfuckers for loving everyone and the good old communal handholding. Will Rogers would be fucking proud. 

I don’t know Shaka Smart, so as a person, sure, I hope life goes on for him and his kin. That said, few people I don’t know have ever made me more miserable over a 6 year stretch. Fuck that guy’s career, his act, and Marquette. I hope it’s all a colossal failure for him and them, and I will bust a fucking gut laughing as I watch that fireball plummet towards earth from afar. 

• Hook 'Em 7

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Congrats to y’all motherfuckers for loving everyone and the good old communal handholding. Will Rogers would be fucking proud. 

I don’t know Shaka Smart, so as a person, sure, I hope life goes on for him and his kin. That said, few people I don’t know have ever made me more miserable over a 6 year stretch. Fuck that guy’s career, his act, and Marquette. I hope it’s all a colossal failure for him and them, and I will bust a fucking gut laughing as I watch that fireball plummet towards earth from afar. 

He's a shitty basketball coach and I'll laugh when he loses in the tournament\, as usual, if they ever get there.

I'm fucking glad he's not here.

But I'm not wasting my life watching Marquette games unless its in March. 

I would hold off lauding Shaka for not shitting on Texas in the short term. He hasn't been the subject of a fawning pre-season sit-down piece with The Athletic yet. He's not under any pressure during the honeymoon phase and doesn't need to deflect criticism or try to build himself up at anyone else's expense. Yet. 

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Pretty sure there was a tweet that stated TEXAS did not pay any buyout money to Shaka on his departure.

So I'm thankful for how Shaka handled leaving without costing The University any more money... 

His six years here cost us $20mm for laughable results.  I call that costing us a shitton of money.  Some may call it prevailing market wage for services rendered.  I call it a ripoff. 

i would ask if there's any chance we could get you to stop tangentially bringing up my name in every thread, inserting ad hominem Rick Barnes insults into every thread, and just generally posting nothing but whiny bullshit, but we all know that that's not going to happen, don't we?

edited to add: there is one single poster in this entire forum whom i would describe as "obsessed", and it's you. you are obsessed with Rick Barnes, you are obsessed with me, and you almost exclusively post about either him or me (often both), and it's always brought up out of nowhere in some unrelated thread. you might be the most sad, self deluded, worthless poster here, and what you're doing right now is called projection. you need to grow up dude. aren't in your 50's by now? find a new hobby, jesus. 

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

there is one single poster in this entire forum whom i would describe as "obsessed", and it's you. you are obsessed with Rick Barnes, you are obsessed with me, and you almost exclusively post about either him or me (often both), and it's always brought up out of nowhere in some unrelated thread. you might be the most sad, self deluded, worthless poster here, and what you're doing right now is called projection. you need to grow up dude. aren't in your 50's by now? find a new hobby, jesus. 

at least you have an opinion of the dude. I saw his WE MUZZ PROTECK DIS HOUZ post and was like "who the fuck is this guy?"

thank God the basketball board has someone looking out for it

35 minutes ago, Chico_SA said:

I don't get it...

Stupid thread

Shaka is in our past. But it’s still of some instance to follow him. We have a Mack thread, we had a Charlie thread, we have a Barnes thread and now we have a Shaka thread. It is the way of things around here.