2021 Texas Orange-White Game - April 24, 1 PM, LHN

Machinator

Was at the spring game so just now watching the broadcast,  and my first thought is

WHY THE FUCK IS ANDRE WARE ON THE LONGHORN NETWORK???!!!
He's chilled on the butthurt in recent years, but I agree..should be someone else.

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I've said it before and I'm gonna die on this hill. Bijan is AD special. He just is. I don't care about running styles and shit, but he's a special player and CFB is on notice. 

Subscribed.

Just watched the first series in that replay.

Bijan is the very definition of a "filthy".

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I've said it before and I'm gonna die on this hill. Bijan is AD special. He just is. I don't care about running styles and shit, but he's a special player and CFB is on notice. 

Only Tom Herman could underutilize one of the best running backs in college football during his hot-seat, make-or-break coaching season.

Hermaqn-ANNCMENT.jpg 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 2

was at the game early enough to watch many of the drills. the one incident that stood out to me was during one of the passing drills (2 qbs throw to receivers running routes in their side of the field). Omeire dropped a 15 yard slant. Coleman lit into his ass from across the field, then walked over to him and talked/yelled at him for another 2 or 3 minutes. other receivers dropped balls but none got the attention from Coleman that Omeire did. I'm guessing the staff expects great things from him and are riding his ass appropriately.

other observations.

- Oline is not very good. it's zero sum but i don't think our Dline is THAT good to be easily beating our oline THAT badly.

- there were a few good throws but as a whole the receivers just weren't getting open. either that or the oline wasn't giving the QB enough time for those routes to open. regardless, there were way too many check downs. 

- on one play, casey clearly did not see the first route option which was the rb. he was running wide open out of the backfield. casey threw incomplete to a covered receiver.

- hudson has better field and receivers awareness. 

- when casey threw his pick 6, i knew it was a bad decision and throw the minute it left his hand. way too late and no enough arm strength. 

- hudson's td throw was fucking spectacular. i had perfect angle to see the ball directly in line with receiver. we it left hudson's hand, the receiver was behind the db. couldn't even see the wr. that was a thing of absolute beauty.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Only Tom Herman could underutilize one of the best running backs in college football during his hot-seat, make-or-break coaching season.

Hermaqn-ANNCMENT.jpg 

Yuuuuup. If anyone could be that inept, it's Herman. What a fucking regard. You have that talent just wasting away on the bench until the end of the season. He could have saved his job had he played Bijan, but luckily for us he's a dumb fuck and we have a coach who will actually utilize his talent. So with that, thank you, Tom Herman for being stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Cajun said:

Subscribed.

Just watched the first series in that replay.

Bijan is the very definition of a "filthy".

Both quarterbacks looked good and bad at times. The receivers went back and forth between terrible and not completely terrible. The o-line struggled in pass protection but did pretty well run blocking. The defense seemed solid, if unremarkable. My only clear takeaway from the game was that Bijan is really freaking good.

• Hook 'Em 1

I keep trying to think of who he reminds me of, but I just can't come up with anything.  His moves are some shit I don't recall ever seeing.

I mean, I just start checking down the list in my head - 

John Riggins?  Nope

Rocky Bleier?  No

Moose Johnston?  Negatory

😉

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

was at the game early enough to watch many of the drills. the one incident that stood out to me was during one of the passing drills (2 qbs throw to receivers running routes in their side of the field). Omeire dropped a 15 yard slant. Coleman lit into his ass from across the field, then walked over to him and talked/yelled at him for another 2 or 3 minutes. other receivers dropped balls but none got the attention from Coleman that Omeire did. I'm guessing the staff expects great things from him and are riding his ass appropriately.

other observations.

- Oline is not very good. it's zero sum but i don't think our Dline is THAT good to be easily beating our oline THAT badly.

- there were a few good throws but as a whole the receivers just weren't getting open. either that or the oline wasn't giving the QB enough time for those routes to open. regardless, there were way too many check downs. 

- on one play, casey clearly did not see the first route option which was the rb. he was running wide open out of the backfield. casey threw incomplete to a covered receiver.

- hudson has better field and receivers awareness. 

- when casey threw his pick 6, i knew it was a bad decision and throw the minute it left his hand. way too late and no enough arm strength. 

- hudson's td throw was fucking spectacular. i had perfect angle to see the ball directly in line with receiver. we it left hudson's hand, the receiver was behind the db. couldn't even see the wr. that was a thing of absolute beauty.

Huh.  In year, what, 12? of the offensive line rebuilding project we're not good?

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

I keep trying to think of who he reminds me of, but I just can't come up with anything.  His moves are some shit I don't recall ever seeing.

John Riggins?  Nope

Rocky Bleier?  No

😉

Shame on you, sir. It's clearly Tommy Vardell

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's good to see all the alumni coming back. Seems like they were no where to be seen during the Herman era.

Its because most of them despised Herman with a passion.  I can't remember which player who was originally recruited by Strong tweeted when Herman was fired "I can finally support my school again."  The hate runs deep.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:50 PM, Hozz said:

Bijan is a rockstar and is seemingly as comfortable in front of the camera as he is on the field. 

You can tell D'Shawn doesn't love being interviewed and probably gets more technical than the interviewers want, but I like what he has to say. 

Coburn is one of my absolute favorites to listen to. He is really smart and loves talking D-line. I hope he has a big season.

John Riggins?  Nope
Rocky Bleier?  No

My comp has been Emmitt. Dude was not fast, but he had great vision which translates to easy mis-tackles. Bijan's juke is much better.
  • Hook 'Em 2