Liverpool vs Real Madrid 2018 CL Final

Firemans4Horn

Madrid the home team and reigning 12-time champions yet we get second billing huh?

Madrid 4-2 Liverpool 

was confident Madrid would be back in the championship since the last championship.  Zizou has managed the last 1.5 season for UCL glory.  The heavy rotations and lineup tweaks last season nearly cost us the la Liga title last season but it led to Madrid finding their form for UCL.  This season he did the same thing all season and we faded in la Liga but have been just enough to beat the Ligue 1 champions, Serie A champions & Bundesliga champions.  That and Madrid has played tons better away from home and the crazy fans.  Will be better with much fewer ultras.

I respect Real Madrid's experience and history, even though there is very little I like about them as an organization. I guarantee this will be a mad final. Something crazy is going to happen. 

I'm going to reserve making a prediction until close to matchday.

8 minutes ago, Jograves said:

I respect Real Madrid's experience and history, even though there is very little I like about them as an organization. I guarantee this will be a mad final. Something crazy is going to happen

I'm going to reserve making a prediction until close to matchday.

This is the most exciting type of final that coulda happened.  Two teams that want to outscore their opponent in the fastest ways possible.

Madrid push their fullbacks into wingers, want to run the wings and dive in as much as possible.  That makes for high-risk high-reward high-punishment play.

the speed up top for LFC presents plenty of those opportunities that haven't been seen as often in the Madrid v Atleti x2 and Madrid v Juve finals.  

The 2 keys for Madrid will be:

1. Carvajal, if he's healthy Madrid will full out attack.

2. Casemiro, if he starts Madrid is going to try and soak up pressure looking for counters

Edited by Speedtrucker
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Madrid the home team and reigning 12-time champions yet we get second billing huh?

Take your tampon out.

They way you and and JNip bitch and moan you’d think your club were more persecuted than the Rohingya. 

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Which Real Madrid players are coming to Liverpool?

I'd say Bale and 100mil but Perez will probably throw 250 at them only

but Zizou will probably only lobby for James back from his loan and want to keep the team as is outside of a new CB or RB to backup

Edited by Speedtrucker

27 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Take your tampon out.

They way you and and JNip bitch and moan you’d think your club were more persecuted than the Rohingya. 

Oh relax I was just reminding the thread of Madrid's titles.

show me a fan base that doesn't claim they are being done in by the refs, officials, frozen lottery balls.  The EPL thread is full of all of y'all saying the same thing.  The few of us La Liga teams have our own complaints, it was Uefalona for nearly a decade.  

Hell even during football season 50% of us complain that Texas is getting done up by SEC favoritism or whatever.

its all fun and games.  Y'all have a LFC thread to talk amongst each other.  Madrid has the Champions League threads.

It'll be a fascinating match-up. I think Zidane's set-up will be key as Liverpool has shown that they can avoid the midfield pretty easy with long-balls and counters. A 4-3-3 with Vazquez and Isco could work, but I think it'll end up being a 4-3-1-2 with Benzema and Isco. Ronaldo vs Alexander-Arnold will be fascinating as will Salah vs. Marcelo.

Casemiro's inclusion is going to be important as him dropping into the back three when Marcelo and/or Carvajal push forward is absolutely necessary with Liverpool's front line. However, his distribution isn't the greatest, so I wouldn't be surprised if Firmino presses him to try to force errors.

Casemiro will definitely start. Zidane played Kovacic instead of Casemiro because he was looking to counter Bayern with Kovacic. Casemiro's work during the final will be key. 

The two options for Zidane are:

-------------------Navas----------------------

Carvajal--Ramos---Varane----Marcelo

-----------------Casemiro-------------------

-------Kroos----------------Modric-----------

----------------Isco-----------------------

-----Cristiano-----------Benzema--------------

OR

------------------Navas--------------------------

Carvajal--Ramos---Varane----Marcelo

---------------Casemiro----------------------

Vazquez-----Kroos-----Modric--------Isco

---------------------Ronaldo------------------

I personally like option #2 better with Vazquez instead of Benzema.Vazquez may be the breakthrough player of the year for Madrid, like Isco was last year, Casemiro the year before that. 

Edited by JNip

Liverpool is the only team that has had 3 members score 8 or more goals in a single champions league campaign and milner has all time assists record....liverpool will score and real pressing will lead to more scores

Other supporters will say dont upset the gods but i just see it as liverpools style...just like real they are at there best when running downfield and i think we are better at it

Liverpool annihilated roma and before anyone tries to say we lost 4-2 both games liverpool was in complete control and just absorbed in the second half after scoring 2....lame penalty and fluke OG only reason it wasnt 2-2 

22 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

just like real they are at there best when running downfield and i think we are better at it.

I don’t watch Liverpool play as much so I can’t say who is better at it. So my guess is that you do see Real Madrid play a bunch to be able to say that. 

Also, do you realize that you are saying that your team is better at doing something that is a strength of the team who won two champions leagues in a row and will play their 4th champions league final in five years right? 

One more thing, there vs they’re vs their. Check this out http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/their-there-theyre/

Signed,

The Mexican 

Edited by JNip
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JNip said:

Cristiano was removed at halftime due to an injury scare. 

Earlier I looked for a La Liga or El Clasico thread, but to no avail.

Observations: 

-Lots of Yellow cards

-Legitimately should have been Barca 1 - 3 Real if the ref had eyes.

-Bale doesn't know what he is supposed to do anymore when playing with Ronaldo on the pitch.wasnt until Ronaldo was subbed off at halftime that Bale started to appear to be a player worth watching.

-S. Buckets is probably the only player on the planet who could get a ball kicked lightly off of his head from a boot 2-3 feet away that makes him fall over air to the ground and then get up holding his head to show why the ref should (and rightfully did) blow the whistle for a high kick, but also limp a little while holding his head, because the limp really drives home the danger of a high kick.

-I loved that Madrid continued to play on when Suarez was on the ground, crying in "pain", after he had gone out of his way to ram into the side of a Madrid player (Sergio Ramos?). Paulinho got super bent out of shape, but if I'm an opposing player, I am never taking my foot off the pedal when Buckets or Suarez go down. Ever. (Club or country, real match or friendly)

Edited by Napoleon

10 hours ago, JNip said:

I don’t watch Liverpool play as much so I can’t say who is better at it. So my guess is that you do see Real Madrid play a bunch to be able to say that. 

Also, do you realize that you are saying that your team is better at doing something that is a strength of the team who won two champions leagues in a row and will play their 4th champions league final in five years right? 

One more thing, there vs they’re vs their. Check this out http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/their-there-theyre/

Signed,

The Mexican 

Nah i was just bored and felt like poking....going to be a long wait

I dont give a shit about grammar or caring 

But i havent seen anything last few matches from real that has me worried...will be fun match 

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Earlier I looked for a La Liga or El Clasico thread, but to no avail.

Apparently at halftime, Messi went to the ref at the tunnel and told him, "You fuck up, you fuck up, you fuck up, and now you are helping them." Messi went on to put pressure on the ref who then called nothing in Real Madrid's favor. Bunch of Spanish media is pointing at that moment in the tunnel as the reason why Real Madrid got butchered by the ref in the second half.

Ref was terrible throughout the match, three major missed calls:

-Barcelona's second goal was a clear foul by Suarez on Varane.

-Bale should've been ejected (first half).

-Marcelo clearly got fouled inside the box.

Oh well... I am just glad that they weren't playing for much. 

Edited by JNip

My input on el Classico and then I'm back to UCL.

That first half was a reminder of what the Pep-Mou days were like.  Blood flowing, cats living with dogs, tackles flying in from everywhere. Even Messi wanted a dirty yellow.

it shouldn't have ended in a draw but the ref did completely change his decision making in the 2nd half and it was bad.

all in all, I don't miss that brand of la Liga derby at all.  Every stinking tackle I'm holding my breathe that they aren't actually injured.

That also showed how lethal Madrid can be in a back and forth match where teams aren't just sitting back all match.  And how lazy out back side help can be on crosses.

Question for Liverpool fans:

How good is your right back offensively/ pushing forward? Real Madrid has now been countered twice in the last two weeks where Marcelo isn't returning. See Sergi Roberto and Kimmich taking advantage of the space behind Marcelo. I am scared that Liverpool will exploit Madrid on that side. 

http://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/video/barcelona-preserve-streak-in-fiery-draw-with-/866387

Edited by JNip

26 minutes ago, JNip said:

Question for Liverpool fans:

How good is your right back offensively/ pushing forward? Real Madrid has now been countered twice in the last two weeks where Marcelo isn't returning. See Sergi Roberto and Kimmich taking advantage of the space behind Marcelo. I am scared that Liverpool will exploit Madrid on that side. 

http://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/video/barcelona-preserve-streak-in-fiery-draw-with-/866387

Trent Alexander-Arnold is a very talented center mid who's been slotted in at RB more or less out of necessity. He's done extremely well there but he's 19 years old, so he's more or less  been asked to stay at home and be a defend-first fullback, at least against good attacking teams. His delivery is a bit inconsistent but when he's on, he's got one of the better crosses on our team. 

Given the high stakes of the match and the quality of the opposition, I wouldn't expect him to get forward a ton, unless that's specifically something Klopp will try to exploit. I would think that with Salah ahead of him on the right flank, that will be enough of a threat to give Marcelo nightmares and that TAA will fill in the space but not do much in the overlap.  

Andrew Robertson, on the other side, is a very, very good attacking left back, however. Generally if one of our fullbacks gets in the attacking third, it's him. He's the Scottish Roberto Carlos.(Kidding. Sort of.)

BT Sport to show Liverpool vs. Real Madrid Champions League final free online

Spoiler

BT Sport have announced that they will show the Champions League final for free online via YouTube and the BT Sport App and website.

It’s great news for Liverpool fans who are unable to get to Kiev for the showdown against Real Madrid on Saturday, May 26.

With tickets for the screening at Anfield selling out within hours, supporters will be pleased that they will be able to watch the game regardless of whether they subscribe to BT Sport.

BT detail: The matches will be available for free to watch on YouTube in 4K UHD at youtube.com/btsport, the BT Sport app and btsport.com and available for BTTV subscribers on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 4K UHD. BT Sport subscribers will also be able to enjoy 360 highlights on the app throughout the game.

The UEFA Europa League final will also be available online.

Ways to watch the UEFA Champions League Final and UEFA Europa LeagueFinal for free:

BT.com: BTsport.com/final
BT Sport app: Download from the app store
YouTube: youtube.com/btsport
Virgin: 100

Ways to watch as a BT Sport subscriber:

BT Mobile: BT Sport app if subscribed to the BT Sport pack
EE: BT Sport app is included for customers on many 4GEE Max Plans, and all EE pay monthly customers can sign up for a free 3 month trial

BT TV
409 – BT Sport 2
431 – BT Sport 2 HD
433 – BT Sport 4K UHD

Sky
414 – BT Sport 2 HD
Virgin Media – BT Sport 2
Virgin Media – BT Sport 2 HD
532 – BT Sport 2
528 – BT Sport 2 HD

TalkTalk
409 – BT Sport 2

Edited by maninblack

mandatory disclosure to the businesses that may be impacted with street closures/etc. 

Nope, jinx!

Besides, UEFA already told Liverpool they won, so why shouldn't they have a parade?
Screen-Shot-2018-05-04-at-12.15.08-PM.png?resize=696,262&ssl=1
https://www.rousingthekop.com/2018/05/04/bizarre-leak-on-uefa-website-says-liverpool-have-won-the-champions-league/

It’s fixed, they already 100% leaked the semifinal draw!

I’ve got ammo for the anti-Madrid conspiracy now!

14 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

while waiting for this match, Fox Sports Deportes is showing the 2010 final between Bayern and Inter Milan.  I hope they show lots of older finals.  Definitely don't remember watching this one.  Robben was so young.  And still bald.

I remember watching Argentina/Brazil beat Bayern. 

Was just reading about Zanetti & Cambiasso tonight and thinking how criminal it was that Diego was in charge and that those two didn't even make the squad. It was a no-brainer to bring every starting Argie from Inter's squad and play them together as much as possible due to their familiarity with each other. I think Milito got about 5 minutes on the pitch in South Africa. 😡

Its almost that time.....sticking with my earlier 4-2 prediction 

Will be an action filled final with liverpool getting the better of the counters

If real sits back and tries to absorb and get ronaldo in counters  i can see it being 2-1 liverpool

Unless teams have changed over the last month i cant see the real team that was just surviving against juventus and bayern beating liverpool who have been crushing last two opponents

Xabi Alonso has had the most middle of the road stance yet.

Seeing as how he is a legend for both teams, both fan bases adore him and he still plays for both legends teams every chance he can. And I’m pretty sure he bleeds LFC red but his comments have been very tame.

Del Bosque was amusing, he wanted some fire outta his comments.

Also been reading about the nightmare with tickets and travel for the game... and that Madrid ticket holders have been selling theirs to LFC fans. Not sure how that’s gonna play out.