Big Baller Inc.

Patrick Bateman

The saga which is the Ball family..... When we left our merry band of Big Ballers, we had Lonzo having a resurgent 2nd half of the season before getting hurt.  We had LiAngelo who was kicked off the Bruins team (then reinstated) and LaMelo, a 16 year old who should be worried about SAT/ACT tests dropping out of their respective schools to fly to Eastern Europe and show the Lithuanians how you ball.... Big Baller style.  So, how did it go for these young men???

Big Daddy Baller showing his young men how to quit.... Big Baller style.

When you're not good enough.... you take your ball and go home.  #BigQuittin

Uhm..... yea, Gelo (Jello?) needs to prepare for the NBA combine where he has no shot of being drafted but I'm sure Lavar will criticize every GM that doesn't draft his middle son.

Sad face....

• Like 2

But wait, there's more.....

I'm sure the Lithuanians are dancing in the streets.....

It's the coach's fault..... Leave LaMelo alone!  He's just a kid!!!!

Big Ballers don't need shit splained to them!!!!

This is ridiculous..... Can Trump intercede again, this time on LaMelo's behalf for PT??

What?  Big Ballers don't need no defense..... Big Baller's Euro Vacation ovar.

But what next?  Both signed with agents so effectively, they can't play college basketball anymore..... even 16 year old LaMelo.  Oh, don't you worry.... Lavar has a plan.  It's a new league!!! It's called the JBA, Junior Ballers Association for Melo.  Big Ballers getting paid at the HS level.  

Here's the NY team:

Here's the Philly team!!!!

Here's the Chicago team!!!

"Uhm Dad, we're gonna need a few more guys for this squad.... and I'm fairly sure the guy with the mustache isn't 17.  WTF?"

As you can see..... Things have been going fabulously for Big Baller, Inc.  Don't forget to check your local arena's schedules for a JBA game near you!!!!

I love the snl kenan Thompson parody of lavar.  

I also watched a "highlite" reel of lamelo playing in europe.  They actually had a few clips of him dunking during warm ups.  It makes me wonder if that jba is just entirely a charade meant to showcase lamelo for the next two years?  They'll get crappy players who lamelo can dominate, while playing little to no defense so he can average 35 a game.

40 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I love the snl kenan Thompson parody of lavar.  

I also watched a "highlite" reel of lamelo playing in europe.  They actually had a few clips of him dunking during warm ups.  It makes me wonder if that jba is just entirely a charade meant to showcase lamelo for the next two years?  They'll get crappy players who lamelo can dominate, while playing little to no defense so he can average 35 a game.

Of course it is.  Lavar has neither the vision, business acumen, or funding to make the JBA anything more than a marketing tool for his sons.  Hell, he may go bankrupt before then and will probably make Lonzo fund it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-big-baller-lawsuit-20180108-story.html

The Big Baller Brand website is jammed with $50 T-shirts and $60 hats, the cornerstone of a business that outspoken founder LaVar Ball says is competing with big-name athletic apparel brands.

But the Chino company responsible for screen-printing and embroidering the hats, T-shirts and other high-priced apparel sold by Big Baller Brand claims it hasn't been paid...In a breach of contract lawsuit filed in San Bernardino County Superior Court, attorneys for Closet Collection allege that Big Baller Brand owes the company almost $25,000."

When it came time to make payments, they kind of bailed," a Closet Collection representative told The Times on Monday on the condition his name not be used because of the ongoing legal proceedings. "We tried for about three months. They said they would make payment about seven times. They just kept pushing it back and kept pushing it back."...

On Monday, the Better Business Bureau warned consumers about patronizing Big Baller Brand, giving it an "F" rating and saying it received numerous complaints about problems with orders. The Better Business Bureau has received 33 complaints about Big Baller Brand since last April and the company didn't respond to requests to address the issues. The problems included orders not being received, shipments not being made in a timely manner and an inability to get refunds.

"This kind of unresponsive customer service is not acceptable for any business, let alone one that trades on the celebrity status of its owners to publicize its products," the Better Business Bureau said in a statement.

Dude is Carnival Barker..... a Charlatan.... fake baller.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

He did a good job getting a ton of hype and trolling ESPN. Now his 10 mins of fame is up and so is his "business".  

His son in the league is worse off from Lavar, because he could've signed a good shoe deal and his dad wanted to push some retarded $1B for all three Bs and adidas and nike weren't about to get ripped off. 

The other two probably would have had a decent chance if they worked hard and stayed in college for a while to develop. 

Just watched some stuff from the pathetic twitter of the "JBA". All the teams are just named "ballers" and have from 3 to 8 players total?

big_bust_brand.jpg

I think I'd rather "be square" than be there. Sucks he has to drag along the kid with talent though this.

Edited by Sidney Sherman

On 5/3/2018 at 2:47 AM, immortal13 said:

I can't bring myself to hate on Lonzo. He seems to be developing into a really good NBA player, he also goes about his business like a pro and doesn't run his mouth like his dad at all. But fuck Lavar, that dude is a clown

This is my feeling.  Lonzo isn't going to badmouth his dad, as much as people would like him to.  He just needs to Keep as much separation as possible between his dad and the Lakers organization.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Of course it is.  Lavar has neither the vision, business acumen, or funding to make the JBA anything more than a marketing tool for his sons.  Hell, he may go bankrupt before then and will probably make Lonzo fund it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-big-baller-lawsuit-20180108-story.html

He's basically a poor basketball man's Donald Trump.  Promise big, be loud, and don't pay bills.

• Haha 1

Yeah Lonzo seems like a pretty level-headed guy.  He's lucky that he had the talent to overcome his Dad's jackassery.

The other two kids don't seem like they do and LaVar has fucked them out of a normal high school and college experience at the alter of self-aggrandizement.

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah Lonzo seems like a pretty level-headed guy.  He's lucky that he had the talent to overcome his Dad's jackassery.

The other two kids don't seem like they do and LaVar has fucked them out of a normal high school and college experience at the alter of self-aggrandizement.

I like Lonzo, he's got a good personality. All four seem like they have room temperature IQs though. Funny how he conned ESPN into making them so famous. I don't know if Magic made the right pick, time will tell, Tatum looks like a baller, dare I say it, a big baller.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:39 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Thats what happens when your "business school" education is reading "the art of the deal"

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets for LaVar Ball's JBA league went on sale Monday, and predictably, fans will be expected to pay NBA-caliber prices to watch a far worse product.

The JBA, which features LaMelo Ball and no top-100 recruits as an alternative to the NCAA, will hold its opening session on June 21 in Ontario, Calif. Tickets for that session start at $40 and go for as much as $99 per ticket before fees.

Yeah, that’s gonna sale...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2018/05/21/the-ticket-prices-for-lavar-balls-jba-league-are-unreasonably-expensive/111166318/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

Edited by SDG

I like Lonzo, he's got a good personality. All four seem like they have room temperature IQs though. Funny how he conned ESPN into making them so famous. I don't know if Magic made the right pick, time will tell, Tatum looks like a baller, dare I say it, a big baller.
Stay in yo lane, lil baller!

978bbd044cabcb8eb6c239a8097d35b8.gif

2 hours ago, SDG said:

Big ballers only I guess.  I guess he's banking on it bring the only basketball being played in the summer.  

15 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Big ballers only I guess.  I guess he's banking on it bring the only basketball being played in the summer.  

I mean $160-400 for a family of four for a glorified high school scrimmage...... Yea, I'm sure there will be SRO crowds all summer.... Lavar may be a good carnival barker but he's an awful business man thus far.  His best business move was having a kid who was good at basketball.  Every decision since has been an unmitigated disaster.

rejected.jpg

Lakers not interested in LiAngelo Ball joining Lonzo in L.A.

Sam Amick, USA TODAY SportsPublished 11:11 p.m. ET May 30, 2018 | Updated 9:09 a.m. ET May 31, 2018

SportsPulse: USA TODAY's Trysta Krick makes her predictions for who each of the top-five teams in the upcoming NBA draft will select. USA TODAY Sports

AP LAKERS LIANGELO BALL BASKETBALL S BKN USA CA

(Photo: Reed Saxon, AP)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 8COMMENTEMAILMORE

Don’t count on LiAngelo Ball following in his brother’s footsteps.

While the Los Angeles Lakers held a workout Tuesday that included the younger brother of starting point guard Lonzo Ball, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports team officials have no interest in drafting or signing the 19-year-old – for the NBA team or even the G-League team, the South Bay Lakers.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because opinions of draft prospects aren’t typically shared publicly.

LiAngelo Ball began his collegiate career at UCLA, where Lonzo had become a first-team All-American before being drafted second overall by the Lakers in 2017. But just days before the regular season, LiAngelo and fellow UCLA players Cody Riley and Jalen Hill were arrested for shoplifting sunglasses during the team’s trip to Hangzhou, China.

While the charges ultimately were dropped and they returned to America, LiAngelo left UCLA to join his younger brother, LaMelo, to play for BC Prienu Vytautas of the Lithuanian Basketball League.

He averaged 12.6 points and 21.2 minutes during his 14 games there, but – according to the Associated Press – both brothers left the team in what was a mutual decision to part ways. The AP also reported that their always-outspoken father, LaVar Ball, was upset with LaMelo’s diminished playing time.

Follow Amick on Twitter @sam_amick

lavarball23456.jpg

41 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Isn't LaMelo supposed to be better than LiAngelo? In HS LaMelo would play PG for Chino Hills and jack up 3s while LiAngelo would just camp at the basket to cherry pick points and not play defense.

LaMelo was projected to be better because better handle and more explosive.  LiAngelo was considered the better shooter but heavy footed.... Both had major questions about their NBA potential.  LaMelo was given a pass about his size because he was so young.

43 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Isn't LaMelo supposed to be better than LiAngelo? In HS LaMelo would play PG for Chino Hills and jack up 3s while LiAngelo would just camp at the basket to cherry pick points and not play defense.

LaMelo was/is the better prospect. I think you may be confusing the two though, LaMelo was the one who scored 92 points in a game by cherrypicking and never playing defense. 

Apparently LiAngelo worked out with the Suns yesterday..... with these blue chippers.

Here's some feedback on his workout with the Lakers.  Reportedly he's a little more athletic than thought with his vertical, etc.  But shorter.  I've seen 6'3" or 6'4".  That's a big problem because he's stocky and not all that quick.  He'd need to work on his body and become a deadeye shooter if he's going to make the NBA.  Definitely needs to work in Europe or G league for 2-3 years.  But dat Dad..... gonna fuck it up.  One thing I still don't like is lack of accountability.  He still won't take responsibility for UCLA and glossed over the question.

36 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

It's gonna lit when Lavar tells the Lakers that Lonzo won't report to camp unless they sign Liangelo.

I think he'll report.  LOL..... Lonzo needs to tell Lavar to fuck off and stop interfering in MY career, but hard to do when you're a kid.  Lavar's already said Lonzo won't sign a 2nd contract unless the team signs LiAngelo and LaMelo.  That's going to be hilarious, one way or another.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Lonzo needs to tell Lavar to fuck off and stop interfering in MY career, but hard to do when you're a kid. 

Yeah, if it happens at all, it won't happen until Lonzo is in his mid 20s.  Right now, the Lavar/Lonzo relationship has some similarities to battered wife syndrome, and Lonzo is probably too scared to leave this relationship just yet.  Hell, Lonzo has probably convinced himself that his dad knows what's best for him.

23 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think he'll report.  LOL..... Lonzo needs to tell Lavar to fuck off and stop interfering in MY career, but hard to do when you're a kid.  Lavar's already said Lonzo won't sign a 2nd contract unless the team signs LiAngelo and LaMelo.  That's going to be hilarious, one way or another.

Only desperate teams would agree to that.  Good luck balls in Sacramento.