Big Baller Inc.

Patrick Bateman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man I hated LaMelo as much as anyone has, but the kid has grown up a lot, and you have to give him credit for it. He appears to no longer act like a complete jackass, and instead apparently handles himself like a pro. And now he's going to be a a top 5 pick next year. Good for him. Amazing what a little time away from Daddy Dearest can do.

If you can hoop you can hoop, and it appears that the youngest Ball brother can indeed hoop. According to his own brother LaMelo is the best of the three, and NBA GMs are starting to agree, goofy form and all. I really don't know how he projects as an NBA player since i've barely seem a clip or two from his time in the NBL, i'm just happy for the kid (and remember he's a kid) that he's gotten away from his dad and is now clearly much better for it. 

• 2 months later...

https://www.blackenterprise.com/lavar-ball-asks-sons-to-fund-big-baller-brand-rebirth/

On a recent episode of Ball in the Family, the Facebook Watch reality show that follows the lives of the Ball family, LaVar tried to encourage his sons to reinvest in the apparel company. “The more special you get, all these people will be coming in with all this other s–t because everybody want a piece,” he says in a clip. “What we got going on is gonna be a billion-dollar thing—everybody gotta put their teeth in it somewhere. And as a family, we just gotta stick together. Like, OK, we good. Put your money over there. My money over here … Melo over there. And we put all our money together, that’s where the venture capitalists come in and say, ‘We got a hundred mil’ for y’all.’ We don’t need to have a hundred mil’. We got it right here if we put our (sh–) together.”

^^^^^ uh what that shit makes no sense

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lavar-ball-asked-lonzo-ball-to-spend-all-of-his-money-on-big-baller-brands-relaunch/

Following LaVar's request in the episode, Lonzo was asked by a producer if he was surprised that his father asked him to put up his money to help grow the relaunch of Big Baller Brand. Lonzo wasn't, but also admitted that he lost money the first time around with his father's company.

In 2019, Lonzo distanced himself from Big Baller Brand by removing any mention of it from his social media accounts. He also had his Big Baller Brand tattoo covered up and hasn't worn Big Baller Brand apparel in over a year.

Lonzo is clearly hesitant to get involved with his father's company again after he was burnt the first time. It's going to be interesting to see if he completely stays away after being the face of the brand.

his dad turned him into a cancer in LA and made sure he was dumped from a team that is tops in the league to one that will probably miss the playoffs....but 'Zo's numbers are a bit better and probably good enough to keep him around the league for a while and he is on a team with Zion Williams that is tearing shit up pretty good.....and now this fuckery pops back up

he needs to tell his dad to fuck off and maybe try and fuck up his little brothers money for a while....or really he needs to tell his little brother to tell his dad to fuck off

poos guy has had to admit he "lost money" on the BBB, and we know he got stolen from by at least the "partner" (and probably dad too) and everyone is just ignoring the $10 million he passed up.....and now he has to be on the court with Zion making $75 million over 5 years for a shoe deal

and they are saying little brother is being offered $10 million a year for 10 years plus a jet

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/12/30/lamelo-ball-shoe-deal-negotiations-100-million-private-jet/

I wonder if la'var can fuck that up or if Lonzo can step in and pull his little brothers head out of his dads ass

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I’m pretty sure the family would have been way better off if Lonzo signed with Nike as a rookie instead of Lavar starting Big Baller Brand.  Now, if we’re just talking about money Lavar controls himself instead of total money coming in to the kids, then in that case, yes, Dad probably does come out ahead.
Their rookie shoe deal would have been minimal... Nike gives out a lot of deals... They don't make a lot of money until the players shoes sell like crazy.

Betting on yourself is not a bad deal. If you're great, you get all the control. If you're average, you do well on your own and/or still have the option to seek a shoe deal.

The Ball Bros can get a shoe deal... They are in the NBA. They will be fine with money.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...