Big Baller Inc.

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Lakers new big ball was crazy when they drafted lonzo, they knew what they were getting into.  You don't think the lakers are loving the attention too?  It's the middle of the finals and here we are talking lakers who didnt even make the playoffs.  

Rather have Tatum.....

• Like 1

So.... time to check in on the JBA.  How's this new league handling it's big ballin' success?  Rolling in that honey, right?  I mean, we're two weeks out from seeing the future.  Big ballin' style.

With two weeks until the Session 1 JBA opener in Ontario, Calif., that strategy isn’t looking good. The Ticketmaster seating chart for the opening session revealed that less than 1,000 seats have been marked as sold. Only the lower bowl is available.

The sessions that don’t include LaMelo — like the June 26 event at the 10,387-seat Wintrust Arena in Chicago — have fared far worse early at the box office. Just 68 seats have been marked as sold.

For the JBA’s inaugural season, its ticket prices have rivaled the non-premium costs of most NBA teams. Many G League teams charge $10 for seats and offer a significantly better quality of basketball. A July Los Angeles session, which should feature LaMelo, is also struggling.

Every other JBA seating chart that was hosted on Ticketmaster revealed that at least 90 percent of seats were marked as available.

Just as LaVar does with Big Baller Brand products, he is essentially asking fans to overpay for the sake of overpaying.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/ticket-sales-prices-lavar-ball-jba-league-lamelo-ncaa-los-angeles-nba

Maybe not.....

13 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So.... time to check in on the JBA.  How's this new league handling it's big ballin' success?  Rolling in that honey, right?  I mean, we're two weeks out from seeing the future.  Big ballin' style.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/ticket-sales-prices-lavar-ball-jba-league-lamelo-ncaa-los-angeles-nba

Maybe not.....

I think the real question is what kind of a dumb fuck do you have to be to in order be one of the hundreds of people who actually did buy tickets?

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

22 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I think the real question is what kind of a dumb fuck do you have to be to in order be one of the hundreds of people who actually did buy tickets?

Going to guess most are family and friends who either didn't pay for the tickets or got them at discount....

On 5/21/2018 at 8:20 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

I mean $160-400 for a family of four for a glorified high school scrimmage...... Yea, I'm sure there will be SRO crowds all summer.... Lavar may be a good carnival barker but he's an awful business man thus far.  His best business move was having a kid who was good at basketball.  Every decision since has been an unmitigated disaster.

So.... he'll be POTUS in 20 years? /NoCr

• 3 weeks later...

What a night for the Big Ballers...... I mean how good are the Lakers?  To get the best player available in the draft..... undrafted!  Going to Summer League!!!!  As soon as Lonzo is flipped for Lebron in a S&T this summer, I expect the Lakers to cut LiAngelo off the Summer League for a guy flipping signs out front the arena.  Otherwise, is this what they call..... humoring someone?  If somehow Lonzo sticks with the Lakers, will they sign LiAngelo to a G league contract?  What do big Big Ballers do?

1 minute ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Holy shit!!!  First, Shams did us dirty..... I'll talk to him.  Second, what the hell does a Big Baller have to do to get a SL invite?  I mean I find it hard to think Lavar Ball's plan isn't taking shape the way he declared.  Guess Lonzo's gotta sit out next season.... Big Ballers can't take this type of disrespect.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What a night for the Big Ballers...... I mean how good are the Lakers?  To get the best player available in the draft..... undrafted!  Going to Summer League!!!!  As soon as Lonzo is flipped for Lebron in a S&T this summer, I expect the Lakers to cut LiAngelo off the Summer League for a guy flipping signs out front the arena.  Otherwise, is this what they call..... humoring someone?  If somehow Lonzo sticks with the Lakers, will they sign LiAngelo to a G league contract?  What do big Big Ballers do?

They produce in the summer league?

Edited by immortal13
Oh wait....

their clothing looks like such shit it is just plane crap with that horrible logo printed on it

and it is an embarrassment even to horrible sports journalism that these reporters are asking "what happened" and saying "oh he did not get drafted"

what happened is he sucks cocks on the court, he has a shitty attitude overall, and comes packaged with that idiot la'var

Edited by ButtFumble

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Holy shit!!!  First, Shams did us dirty..... I'll talk to him.  Second, what the hell does a Big Baller have to do to get a SL invite?  I mean I find it hard to think Lavar Ball's plan isn't taking shape the way he declared.  Guess Lonzo's gotta sit out next season.... Big Ballers can't take this type of disrespect.

I think BR is trolling Shams because they are claiming he was saying Kawhi traded to Lakers and Playoff P resigned with the Thunder.

On 6/5/2018 at 12:00 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Going to guess most are family and friends who either didn't pay for the tickets or got them at discount....

Or some kind of promotion at the local Jewel-Osco stores in Chicago, where you buy 1 family dinner you get 2 free tickets or something...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, UDontKnow said:

Will the real big baller send the fake big baller packing when his whiny bitch dad criticizes him?

Ehh LaVar has been pretty silent for a while now. Most are speculating it’s because his “hype” isn’t going to help his youngest get drafted. (He’s not getting drafted regardless.) 

read an article a few months back where LaVar told Magic it was just an act to hype up Lonzo.  I think also knowing that Lonzo could be shopped around shut him up as well.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=520264

In the midst of Kawhi Leonard and the San Antonio Spurs back and forth conversations before the start of free agency, the franchise stated they would open discussions on possible trades to all teams, and not just the Eastern Conference.

That put the Lakers right back in the thick of things as they waited for LeBron to make his decision. Many believed Lonzo Ball would be packaged in any deal to get Kawhi off the Spurs, and then came an injury report out of nowhere.

Via Shams Charania:

“Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball has a torn meniscus in his left knee, league sources tell Yahoo. Ball is expected to be ready for training camp next season.”

It was so calculated how it came out at the perfect time to pretty much take Lonzo out of any type of discussion in regards to a trade.

Many within the Lakers organization strongly feel that info was leaked and it was either Lonzo Ball himself or someone within his camp, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

“There is a belief around the Lakers that it was within his [Lonzo Ball] world that it got leaked out there to keep him from being traded. He doesn’t want to be traded from Los Angeles. It wasn’t the Lakers who wanted information on that knee injury. There were a lot of teams that were checking on possible deals with the Lakers, and they had a lot of questions about that knee."

Edited by immortal13

Man, I hope they don't trade him.  First, I want to see how he's going to make LeBron better.  LeBron has so much to learn from him, I wanna see it.  And 2) who the fuck doesn't want to see BigBlowhard vs. LeBron?  That shit's better than any NBA game/series/finals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 6:43 AM, Pancho Negro said:

Ehh LaVar has been pretty silent for a while now.

LaVar Ball made headlines last year when he said that he could have beaten Michael Jordan one-on-one back in his playing days. Now the braggadocious basketball dad is making the same claim about his son's new teammate: LeBron James.

In a recent interview with Fanatics View, Ball said he would have been able to beat James because the four-time NBA MVP is "too weak."

"[James is] too weak," Ball, 50, said during the interview, which was published last Thursday. "Back in my heyday, can't nobody hold me. 270 (pounds), benching 500? All I gotta do is back you in, I'll lift all of them up off their feet."

When asked whether there was any video footage from his playing days to validate his boasts, Ball responded, "Don't need no video!"

"[It's] all up here," Ball said, pointing to his head. "You want to see me back in my heyday? I was a bad mama jama. My will to win was too hard. One-on-one, I bet on myself all day."

Ball played one season of Division I college basketball at Washington State, where he averaged 2.2 points and 2.3 rebounds per game in the 1987-88 season.

The 6-foot-8, 250-pound James averaged 27.5 points, 9.1 assists and 8.6 rebounds per game with the Cleveland Cavaliers this past season and is coming off an eighth consecutive appearance in the NBA Finals. The three-time NBA champion decided to join the Los Angeles Lakers as a free agent on July 1 and is primed to play alongside Ball's son, Lonzo Ball.

The elder Ball is no stranger to outlandish claims about his on-court prowess. In a 2017 interview with USA Today Sports, he said that "back in my heyday, I would kill Michael Jordan one-on-one."

Ball and James feuded last year when Ball predicted that James' basketball-playing sons would struggle with the pressure of following in their father's footsteps. James fired back that Ball should "keep my kids' name out of your mouth," and said that "this is dad to dad; it's a problem now."

But LaVar Ball seemed excited about James' signing with Los Angeles, telling TMZ Sports earlier this month that the Lakers would win multiple championships with James and his son.

tenor.gif?itemid=8114370

So..... what's going on with Big Baller's big ballin' basketball league?  Well, looks like more controversy and idiocy.  This time, it comes with a side of abuse.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lavar-balls-junior-basketball-association-stays-silent-coachs-bullying-behavior-200025601.html

The elder Ball founded the eight-team league as an alternative to college for players like his 16-year-old son LaMelo, who left high school to play professionally. Controversy has befallen the JBA less than a month into its launch, as Chicago Ballers (teams from all eight cities are called the Ballers) coach Edward Denard physically and verbally assailed a player during a timeout late in a loss on Thursday.

In the four days since, the league has ignored media requests for comment, and Denard has yet to face disciplinary measures in advance of his team’s game in Dallas on Thursday. Giving coaches carte blanche to bully players is a dangerous precedent to set for a fledgling league seeking legitimacy.

This is not an overreaction. You need only watch the video once of Denard twice putting his fists to Montrell Dixson’s chest and all but challenging the 20-year-old to a fight to know this is unacceptable.

“Hey, that’s my bad, I guess,” Dixson said during the timeout, as a microphone from the Facebook Live broadcast picked up audio inside the huddle on the floor of a mostly empty arena in Ontario, Calif.

“Get the f—ing ball,” Denard countered. “Stop being a b—-.”

When Dixson responds, Denard tries to intimidate the player, getting in the player’s face and asking him, “What you going to do? What you going to do, huh? What the f— are you going to do?”

The exchange.....

Latest statement from Lavar, the supposed creator and leader of this league?  Nothing.  Just stupidity about him being able to be Lebron 1 on 1.  The world will be a better place if he becomes bankrupt and his son tells him to fuck off.

Lavar recycles the same old bullshit and the media gives him glory by publishing his idiotic comments. He's an attention whore who loves the spotlight and the media makes it possible. He'd embarrass MJ or Lebron...........What's next is he going to call out Kobe, Shaq and Magic?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

some of these "ballas" and their "handlers" are going to learn a hard lesson about "getting paid what they are worth"

this guy cannot even get a free ride to community college now and pretty much what he has to show for that is $1,000 and some trips to mid level cities around the USA probably flying coach and stating at Motel 6 and eating fast food

sadly I see a lawsuit coming in the next few year against the NCAA trying to claim these idiots did not know what they were doing or they were not aware that they were giving up NCAA eligibility or that they should be allowed to still get a free ride to college even if they cannot play sports (not sure how that would work, but never put it past the stupid to sue for stupid shit)