Big Baller Inc.

Patrick Bateman

• 2 weeks later...

pretty shocking that the big balla coach assaulting a player has pretty much disappeared from the headlines in about an hour after it happened

if it had been a college coach he would still (rightly) be getting drug through the wringer, but I guess a little physical contact from a coach is not acceptable for "amateurs", but it is for the "pros"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

How is that possible, if he's already made money playing basketball?  I thought both he and his brother could no longer go NCAA?

They're going to claim he never made any money overseas or off his signature shoe with Big Baller.  However, he already signed with an agent, which they'll try and get around by saying he never received benefits.  Regardless, this is more wishful thinking by the Ball's.  LaMelo will probably go overseas and then to the G League.  Also, there are major questions if any big schools, besides UCLA, would even recruit him.  Duke, Kentucky, Sparty and Kansas aren't expected to want him.  Basically, he can say whatever he wants..... it simply won't necessarily be true.

• 2 months later...

they shitted away that draft pick and that playing time on that fucking fool and sadly La'Onzo has to suffer for it....at this point it is starting to be his fault too though he needs to nut up and tell his dad to fuck off and go fuck up his little brothers lives some more and leave him out of it

• 1 month later...

I feel so bad for a lot of these young kids making a lot of money early in life but not having the wisdom to manage it properly.  I hope Lonzo uses this crisis as an overall awakening to become a man and take control of his life and career to greater heights.  Better to find out now than later like say Kevin Garnett.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, UTDD said:

I feel so bad for a lot of these young kids making a lot of money early in life but not having the wisdom to manage it properly.  I hope Lonzo uses this crisis as an overall awakening to become a man and take control of his life and career to greater heights.  Better to find out now than later like say Kevin Garnett.

What happened with KG? He’s making like 5 mill a year for the next 7 years (year after he retired)

4 hours ago, HeyMcFly said:

What happened with KG? He’s making like 5 mill a year for the next 7 years (year after he retired)

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/09/kevin-garnett-sues-accountant-for-helping-wealth-manager-steal-77-million-of-his-money

Came out last year I think, first articles I just randomly googled, claim is over 75 million siphoned, etc.  Not sure what happened with it, but if this really happened with him, very good for a young guy like Lonzo to avoid years of this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

It wasn't until this week, the same sources said, that LaVar fully reviewed the email warnings and documents from Lukanga, as he had been traveling overseas with his younger sons in the fall. The sources described LaVar as "stunned" when the emails and documents were read to him. LaVar declined comment but issued a statement to ESPN calling the situation "devastating."

I think we found one of the main issues....la'var cannot read

On 3/30/2019 at 12:57 PM, longhornmatt said:

The NBA needs to add a section to its rookie orientation that says, “Fucking use Goldman or Merrill Lynch or one of the big banks’ wealth management people to oversee your funds instead of your cousin or an advisor who says he specializes in “athlete clients” - you fucking idiots.”

I've always agreed with Steve Eisman's take on Goldman and Merrill from The Big Short.

“We have a simple thesis,” Eisman explained. “There is going to be a calamity, and whenever there is a calamity, Merrill is there.” When it came time to bankrupt Orange County with bad advice, Merrill was there. When the internet went bust, Merrill was there. Way back in the 1980s, when the first bond trader was let off his leash and lost hundreds of millions of dollars, Merrill was there to take the hit. That was Eisman’s logic—the logic of Wall Street’s pecking order. Goldman Sachs was the big kid who ran the games in this neighborhood. Merrill Lynch was the little fat kid assigned the least pleasant roles, just happy to be a part of things. The game, as Eisman saw it, was Crack the Whip. He assumed Merrill Lynch had taken its assigned place at the end of the chain.