Kim Mulkey to LSU

BurntOrange&White

Kim Mulkey’s wardrobe is from the Ric Flair collection and she gives PCs like Ted Dibiase.  Her whole schtick is heel, she’s from the South and knows what she is going, the difference is that she actually wants to be hated because she needs to be hated to justify her existence. I don’t know why you’d deny her what she wants. 

I do have sympathy for Angel Reese as she is young and I don’t think she actually wants to be hated or has a coach and people around her capable of helping her work on some emotional maturity. She doesn’t need to feed on toxicity like Mulkey does. And no one deserves racist death threats for any reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Kim Mulkey’s wardrobe is from the Ric Flair collection and she gives PCs like Ted Dibiase.  Her whole schtick is heel, she’s from the South and knows what she is going, the difference is that she actually wants to be hated because she needs to be hated to justify her existence. I don’t know why you’d deny her what she wants. 

I do have sympathy for Angel Reese as she is young and I don’t think she actually wants to be hated or has a coach and people around her capable of helping her work on some emotional maturity. She doesn’t need to feed on toxicity like Mulkey does. And no one deserves racist death threats for any reason. 

I have yet to see anyone argue that she does deserve it. And male athletes don't deserve death threats and racial abuse either, but I would be willing to wager that a hell of a lot more of that behavior has been directed towards male athletes over the years than their female counterparts.  If anything, the behavior directed towards Reese is evidence that women's athletics is finally achieving national relevance. 20 years ago, nobody would have known about Angel Reese's antics because nobody was watching. The bad comes with the good, unfortunately. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I have yet to see anyone argue that she does deserve it. And male athletes don't deserve death threats and racial abuse either, but I would be willing to wager that a hell of a lot more of that behavior has been directed towards male athletes over the years than their female counterparts.  If anything, the behavior directed towards Reese is evidence that women's athletics is finally achieving national relevance. 20 years ago, nobody would have known about Angel Reese's antics because nobody was watching. The bad comes with the good, unfortunately. 

Man, not sure I am there aside from the pure function of more attention on the men’s games. Those women athletes that do break through get more heat than the men, the Williams sisters got all kind of bullshit. Simone Biles.

Not to mention the real weirdos and what happens if you’re pretty and good at sports, remember that high school pole vaulter and the creepiness around her? Wasn’t even a famous name, just a teenager. And Monica Seles got stabbed on the court by a crazy person. Can’t remember that stuff happening to a man since the MLB player who got shot by a fan in the thirties or something. 

WBB is going to see more since it got bigger. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Man, not sure I am there aside from the pure function of more attention on the men’s games. Those women athletes that do break through get more heat than the men, the Williams sisters got all kind of bullshit. Simone Biles.

Not to mention the real weirdos and what happens if you’re pretty and good at sports, remember that high school pole vaulter and the creepiness around her? Wasn’t even a famous name, just a teenager. And Monica Seles got stabbed on the court by a crazy person. Can’t remember that stuff happening to a man since the MLB player who got shot by a fan in the thirties or something. 

WBB is going to see more since it got bigger. 

Dude, some cornerback from Colorado State got a bunch of racist death threats last fall when he took out Deion's kid. Nobody knew who he was before that Saturday, and by Sunday, Deion was defending the guy. Google "NBA death threats" and you'll see stories referencing Westbrook, Grant Williams, Paul Pierce, Demar Derozen, Draymond Green, Danny Green, etc ....  People are shitty, and it naive to assume it wont happen to women.

As for creeps attracted to women, well thats a story as old as time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Those women athletes that do break through get more heat than the men, the Williams sisters got all kind of bullshit. Simone Biles.

they got more scrutiny than their male peers? michael jordan, barry bonds, tiger woods, etc? i don’t think so.

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Dude, some cornerback from Colorado State got a bunch of racist death threats last fall when he took out Deion's kid. Nobody knew who he was before that Saturday, and by Sunday, Deion was defending the guy. Google "NBA death threats" and you'll see stories referencing Westbrook, Grant Williams, Paul Pierce, Demar Derozen, Draymond Green, Danny Green, etc ....  People are shitty, and it naive to assume it wont happen to women.

As for creeps attracted to women, well thats a story as old as time. 

Right, and thanks for confirming my point that it’s just one additional layer of bullshit and barriers for women athletes.

Try to imagine a world where some local reporter snaps a shot of a 17 year old boy track star and within weeks it’s all over every sports message board with grown ups talking about his body and attractiveness. It doesn’t happen.

And then when attractive women athletes accept it and try to turn it into a positive like Olivia Dunn, people shit on them for that.  Even though they’re going to be ogled and sexual used no matter what. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Right, and thanks for confirming my point that it’s just one additional layer of bullshit and barriers for women athletes.

Try to imagine a world where some local reporter snaps a shot of a 17 year old boy track star and within weeks it’s all over every sports message board with grown ups talking about his body and attractiveness. It doesn’t happen.

And then when attractive women athletes accept it and try to turn it into a positive like Olivia Dunn, people shit on them for that.  Even though they’re going to be ogled and sexual used no matter what. 

try and imagine a world where women have to build bridges and roads and work construction, where women exclusively do the most dangerous jobs like work on oil rigs, logging, iron work, steel work, etc; a world where women are always the last to be saved during disasters, where women are incarcerated more than men, where women have more mental health issues than men, where women commit suicide more than men, where women have fewer government and social programs available to them than men etc, etc, etc.

you listing one example of one thing that women have to deal with that men don’t does not prove your point at all. what’s hard about being a woman might be different than what’s hard about being a man, but that does not prove that kim mulkey or angel reese or any other female sports figure gets treated differently than men do for the same behavior. 

Edited by shadow_operative

53 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don't know.  Lots of talk on the football side about forearms and calves.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

try and imagine a world where women have to build bridges and roads and work construction, where women exclusively do the most dangerous jobs like work on oil rigs, logging, iron work, steel work, etc; a world where women are always the last to be saved during disasters, where women are incarcerated more than men, where women have more mental health issues than men, where women commit suicide more than men, where women have fewer government and social programs available to them than men etc, etc, etc.

you listing one example of one thing that women have to deal with that men don’t does not prove your point at all. what’s hard about being a woman might be different than what’s hard about being a man, but that does not prove that kim mulkey or angel reese or any other female sports figure gets treated differently than men do for the same behavior. 

Lol, no one is making Ohtani work on an oil rig either, I thought we are talking about sports.

Anyway all those things except government programs and getting saved last are things men choose or do to themselves. You want to pull statistics on who is most likely to be a victim vs. victimizer in random violent attacks, rapes, murders, domestic abuse, etc? Have you ever, in your life, been physically afraid of a woman you’ve never met before and just happened to run into? I guarantee almost every woman you meet has a story about a man. 

Its the old saw— deep down men are afraid women will reject them and women are afraid men will kill them. 

Anyways, this is getting into some bullshit MRA debate and I am out on this forum.  The important thing is that Kim Mulkey is terrible regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 3